Quantcast
Unfortunate experience at Valentine Volvo - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Unfortunate experience at Valentine Volvo

How will you verify they are giving anything to you at cost unless you buy new? I doubt they are going to sell you a used vehicle for the bottom end of the KBB value, which would be what they probably paid. Volvo probably has a hefty 'admin' fee too. I would still be skeptical.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by J-hop

Not that it matters but was it crowfoot? I had a less than satisfactory experience with them when looking at used vehicles.
    Yes it was. But my experiences with them have been with new vehicle sales and service, none of me visits there have been pleasant, and the last one, I just stormed out of there.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikerS

Yes it was. But my experiences with them have been with new vehicle sales and service, none of me visits there have been pleasant, and the last one, I just stormed out of there.
    Yea I think it's the same on the used side. I found them extremely pushy (could have sworn I was at Jim Bob's car lot with how pushy they were). They didn't listen to me and wouldn't budge on a ridiculously overpriced car which ended up sitting on the lot for at least a month that I knew of after I inquired about it. Also mislead me on the condition of the car, said it was absolutely mint. Go out to look at it and front and rear bumper were all scratched up and I think one of the quarter panels was slightly dented.

Also couldn't find the keys when I went to look at it and even after telling them repeatedly I had to go back to work they wouldn't listen and after about 15 minutes of watching them run around searching I just walked.

They definitely won't be getting my business when I go to buy a truck this year...
    Last edited by J-hop; 02-15-2017 at 12:03 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

^^ you have inspired me to share as well...LOL

I actually posted this to my facebook page.

I wasn't going to post this, but, I have had a change of heart. I would implore anyone looking to buy a new or used vehicle from NorthStar Ford Calgary to stay the hell away. Don't contact them, don't visit them, don't even pay attention to their bullshit advertisements. If you want to know why, read on, it is a bit extensive and long, but it is an interesting read.

My experience with them started back with my last F-150. I needed some warranty work done with my truck (broken headlight housing). I took it in to them and they checked it over, agreed it was a warranty issue, and said they were going to submit the work to Ford for approval. 2 weeks went by, and I heard nothing. I called in and was told that they forgot to submit it, and would do it again. OK, fine. some time goes by again, and again, i hear nothing and I have to chase them down to find out what is going on. This time they say, they didn't submit the paperwork properly and it got denied, and have to do it over again, and I need to bring the truck back so they can take more pictures. OK, fine, lets head back. They try to make it "right" by offering me a free oil change. cool! When I bring the truck back to get the headlight housing replaced, they can do the oil change at the same time! a month later, they do the oil change and the headlight housing swap.

Fast forward a couple months later, I found out that when they did the oil change, the didn't replace my oil filter, and was the same Fram oil filter I had on there from the last oil change...Intentional or mistake, it wasn't worth it for me to complain or raise an issue. Damage was done. Did I really want them touching my truck again? I just made a point to just stay the hell away.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I was looking to get Baygirl her new car. I had feelers out to a few places looking for something suitable. We went out for the day to do some errands and do some couch shopping. We heard on the radio that you could get a Ford Focus hatchback for $108 bi-weekly. Great! that was one of the vehicles we were considering, and was well within the budget. I was dismayed to hear it was at Northstar thought. During lunch, we discussed it, the past experiences with them, but decided to get some more information. I called them and asked for a window sticker for the car so I could see what options it had, and the configuration. The salesman I spoke to over the phone agreed to send it via email right away.

We got a call back about 15 mins later from the sales manager. He stated what the options were, and for us to come in and take a look at it. This conversation went on for about 10 minutes, and I quoted the $108 bi-weekly, and he confirmed it. I specifically asked him "This $108 deal, no other fees, no balloon payments, no other hidden crap, just straight up $108 every 2 weeks?"

His response was yes, that was correct, and that he had a couple of those vehicles on the lot he can do that deal on.

Baygirl and I made the trip to go look at it.
    We arrived, identified who we were, and spoke to the salesman and the sales manager. They showed us the car, they again confirmed the dollar amounts, and Baygirl took the car for a rip. She liked it, and was happy with it.
    So, we sat down to talk numbers, and again, I quoted the $108 bi-weekly, to which I got a reply from the salesman "well, this is how it works". Quite quickly he demonstrated how it wasn't just the $108 every 2 weeks, but also once a year for the next 8 years (we understood it was going to be a long term and were ok with that) we had to pay a $1500 down payment. Not just once, BUT EVERY YEAR FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS!

At this point, I was ticked off. I know they want to drag people in to the showroom, they don't want to deal over the phone and crap. I get that. But when I have had a conversation with them 3 or 4 times going over their advertisement and was assured there was no additional fees each time, this got my back up.

I made the comment "Wow. That is pretty deceiving, we had this conversation and each time, it was confirmed there was no additional charges aside from the $108 bi-weekly."

The salesman then replied with "That not deceiving, it's called marketing!"
    This comment made me mad, but that wasn't the worst part of it, it was yet to come!

I was pretty mad at this point that we were lied to, wasted our time, and all my previous dealings with Northstar came bubbling up. I replied with "If it wasn't dishonest, you wouldn't have to hide behind omitting it, lying about it, or hide behind calling it "Marketing"".
    This went back and forth a few times. I knew there wasn't and salvaging this deal in any way at this point. I was gathering my things and preparing to leave when the salesman dropped this bombshell.

"You work for TELUS, those guys are GREAT at marketing! You work for them, and you perpetuate it!"

So, now, not only have we wasted our time, wasted gas, been lied to, but now we can add to the list that I am being insulted and belittled. And, now my employer is being dragged into it, all the while the salesman is leaning back in his chair with a smug smirk on his face like he just landed a check mate move.

I told him to fuck off, and turned on my heels and walked the fuck out.

I called my salesman at Woodridge Ford the next day and pulled the trigger on a Ford Focus, and did the deal over the phone, and surprisedBaygirl at work with it that evening. Funny thing is, the Focus from Woodridge has 10x the options.

My experiences with them have been absolutely horrible. Their service staff are incompetent, and their front end staff are completely dishonest. How could I trust them to do a damn thing on my vehicles or be honest about it?

Stay the hell away from Northstar Ford. And thanks for taking the time to read this and letting me vent.
    Last edited by spikerS; 02-15-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Sounds like my dealings with Honda West. Horrible from showroom to service center.

I also will never deal with anyone who wants me to "come in and check it out" just to see pricing. 100% of the time it's a waste of time. Same when I bought my GF's Honda, I did not give my business to a dealer who wouldn't talk price to me via email or phone.

Thanks for posting, even if only half of what you said were true I'd avoid giving them my business. I will absolutely be avoiding them for my truck purchase.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

So last week Bruce called me and let me know that a near identical car came in to stock and was holding it for me and to let him know if I wanted to come check it out. I went down to Valentine Volvo and took it out and everything was great plus it came with a hand full of extras, so Bruce said he would run numbers and let me know asap and would hold it for me until we either made a deal or didn't. The next day Bruce gave me the numbers and showed me the cost on the car and what they were giving me on the trade and now I pick up the vehicle next week. They came back and made thing right IMO.

My Ride
    G37X

Glad to see they made it right by you.

Thats awesome to hear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    If you get shitty service/shitty follow up post a FB/Google review. Calgary Honda quickly addressed my concerns the next day using that method.
    They seem to take bad reviews seriously.

I spoke with a salesperson @ Okotoks Honda over e-mail/phone about a vehicle they had on the lot and told her I'm willing to pay this much for it. Her reply was "yes we can do that since the car received some damage on the lot and we don't want to deal with repairing it". After heading all the way out there to buy it, the price magically jumps up $4000 from what we agreed on over the phone.

I posted reviews and received a call within the hour The General Manager was begging me over the phone to do him a favor and remove the bad review, my reply was "you sell me the car at the agreed upon price and it turns into a positive review". He wouldn't do it so I told him to pound sand.

Similar story @ Country Hills Hyundai, inquired about a vehicle they took on a trade. Went to look at it and made a deal on it but they wouldn't let me take it right away because they had to inspect it. We agreed they would call me with the results, I told them as-is. They did an oil change and changed brakes anyway and wouldn't honor our previously agreed on price and wanted $5k more. Walked away and left them a negative review, again received a call within the hour from a sales manager asking me to remove it.
    Last edited by G-ZUS; 04-19-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4