Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > United removes passenger from flight

Author
Thread
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Some news angencies were reporting a $10k payout, but have now all retracted their publications

They misreported an annoucement. UA is upping their payout for bumped passengers to a maximum of $10k

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/uni...anges-1.4087896

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-27-2017 10:37 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

$1500USD for a lost bag? How are they gonna vet those cases?

Old Post 04-27-2017 10:42 PM
rx7boi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Id love to see the conditions on that $10K USD Payout for getting bumped. Soooo many people would want that haha.

Also with regards to this:

While not a factor in this month's incident, United also said that starting in June it will pay customers $1,500 US with no questions asked if the airline loses their bag.

Talking to my Pilot friend, most bags are bumped, not lost, for weight reasons. So I suspect getting United to admit they actually lost it will be extremely rare.

Old Post 04-27-2017 10:42 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Id love to see the conditions on that $10K USD Payout for getting bumped. Soooo many people would want that haha.

Probably just authorizing the flight attendants to just keep going up in the offer for volunteers. I don't you'll find a plane full of passengers that can wait until the bidding gets that high, lol.

Old Post 04-27-2017 10:50 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

That's basically it. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn't want to take home an extra thousand bucks for an extra day, let alone 10k.

Old Post 04-27-2017 10:57 PM
rx7boi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Probably just authorizing the flight attendants to just keep going up in the offer for volunteers. I don't you'll find a plane full of passengers that can wait until the bidding gets that high, lol.

Sounds reasonable - you're probably right, or something close to it. If that's the case though people will know never to accept the first offer haha, but then you risk someone else being super cheap and taking it...

Old Post 04-27-2017 10:57 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:27 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > United removes passenger from flight

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: