Quantcast
United removes passenger from flight - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: United removes passenger from flight

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default United removes passenger from flight

Well technically it's airport security. I've always seen pissed off people bumped from flights at a gate, never boarded and asked to leave.

I guess this is why you don't buy the cheapest ticket available haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Some videos say they offered $800 + hotel stay. Easy money. Just take it
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Surprised Chinese guy didn't take it and had to get hauled out.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by rage2
    Surprised Chinese guy didn't take it and had to get hauled out.

Said he was a doctor and had patients to see the next day....but hes kinda loonie at the end..
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Now he's gonna get more money, chaching!

It's pretty stupid for the airline to pull that. So far, it doesn't sound like there is another story.

My Ride
    Lease

Wonder if security mistaken him as a high risk trouble making DR... that they wanted to be ahead before it got outta hands.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by lilmira
    It's pretty stupid for the airline to pull that. So far, it doesn't sound like there is another story.
    I dunno what more can be done. Guy was asked to leave because the airline had a right to kick him off, refused to and security was called and dealt with it. If he got away with staying by refusing to leave, then everyone would just refuse.

Core of the issue is overbooking being allowed in the first place. It's done by every airline.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

they should have just not let 4 people board. It's still a drama but you just have to close the gate. Someone fucked up and tried to fix it too late.

Another thing they could have done. Just say the plane is broken, everybody gets off. Of course that will screw up the schedule and cost them more money. I don't know how much this will cost them now. May be they are still ahead.

CEO apologized for the matter. We'll see.

My Ride
    Model S

He's not going to get more money. Chicago PD hauled him off while he was having a temper tantrum.

It wasn't even really overbooking, it was that the airline had 4 employees that needed to be in Louisville to staff the next flight. Otherwise the whole plane gets canceled instead of 4 seats.

United should have raised their offer until someone accepted, but this was no way for the man to handle it.

Surprised no one got off the plane given there's 5 daily direct flights for that route on United. How busy could that route be on a weekday? I believe the compensation rule is double one way fare for less than 2 hr delay and 400% for more than 2 hours. You'd get paid at least $100/hr to lounge at the airport. Not sure if that $800 offer is real. Flying isn't what it used to be but its cheaper than ever so what do people expect. It's pretty much like a greyhound station now.

That is one seriously annoying lady tho. And how tf did that guy run back on to the plane or onto a different plane?

Adult baby.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by born2workoncars
    Adult baby.
    Yep, nothing to see here folks. Over entitled asshole ruining everyone else's day.

Does it suck? Absolutely. But that is part of the agreement you make when buying cheap tickets.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Surprised no one got off the plane given there's 5 daily direct flights for that route on United. How busy could that route be on a weekday?
    It's also only a 5 hr drive.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Airpo...4!2d41.9741625
    Last edited by jwslam; 04-11-2017 at 07:38 AM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

So as someone who has been directly affected by over booked flights twice here's my take on it

Flight 1 - Business trip, tried checking in online, couldn't do it, said I had to checkin at the airport on the morning of the flight. Get to the airport, checked in but no seat or row assigned. Go through security and talk to the gate attendant, got told that I'm on standby due to over booking. Air Canad overbooked the flight so bad they actually had to change the plane to accommodate everyone. I got on this flight but it was annoying as hell

Flight 2 - Again business trip, this time with a group of colleagues, coming back from Edmonton. Flight overbooked but this time we couldn't get on. We received a voucher for $400.00 for any Air Canada flight in the next year, non transferable and the full value had to be used in order to redeem it, before taxes. So if a flight was 399 before taxes, nope can't use the voucher tough luck

Anyways, it's complete bullshit, the fact he received a ticket with a seat and row number states that he should have been on the flight. United could have pulled people from other cities, the employees are not more valuable than the people who pay actual money for a ticket, it doesn't matter what class you purchase. What if he was a surgeon and had to get the next flight out and that's all that was left for tickets?
    Last edited by adam c; 04-11-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

More overbooking stories today. People think this is a new thing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-...line-1.4060820

You get what you pay for...

Cornell says airlines typically target customers paying the cheapest fares. Crone and Kelly booked economy tickets for their Miami flight and paid using Air Miles rewards points.

To cut down your chances of getting bumped when flying on the cheap, Cornell recommends paying in advance for seat selection.

"It does give you at least a booked seat on paper."

And if you don't want to cough up extra cash for a seat, Cornell advises at least checking in online_in advance. Crone didn't buy a pre-booked seat and says he didn't check in online beforehand because the Air Canada system was down
    Canada is looking at overbooking legislation, but same shit. Compensation only.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3370381/ca...d-flights-law/

It is aimed at crafting clear, minimum requirements for compensation when flights are oversold or luggage lost.
    I've never been bumped, but I've rarely travelled on the lowest possible fare, that being the cheapest economy tier with no seat assignment. At a minimum, I always pay the $20 to assign a seat. Always check in early (24h before flight), because the last check-in on cheapest fare are the first to get bumped.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

At the heart of it, I think, is that overbooking occurs because, according to the airlines, they have to hedge against the cost of no-shows. But if the no-shows don't get their money back and the seat is already paid for (presumably), there is no lost revenue, right?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I dunno. Already seated and pre-paid means you got that seat in my book.

Now you can offer a million dollars to sleep with your wife, but if no one is going to take it, you should not be able to just grab her pussy.

Only offered $400 and $800 plus hotel for a night? Cheapskates. I mean if the Concorde was still around, book me a flight on it for $10,000.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-11-2017 at 09:24 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    At the heart of it, I think, is that overbooking occurs because, according to the airlines, they have to hedge against the cost of no-shows. But if the no-shows don't get their money back and the seat is already paid for (presumably), there is no lost revenue, right?
    It's about maximizing revenue from a particular flight. Since they know that a certain percentage of people will be no shows on a particular route, they can sell more tickets than seats and make more money.

If you had a route that consistently sold 100/100 seat, but only an average of 95 people showed up to fly, you could sell 104 seats on that same flight and make more money.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

People are really ticked about this on facebook. I don't understand all the fuss. The way he was removed was pretty aggressive and ugly but it was airport police that took him off the flight not United staff. And lots of people don't seem to understand that overbooking is just part of the airline's business model. If you want a big American carrier not to overbook flights then be prepared to pay more for your flight. People are shocked that overbooking is a thing.

The only part United did wrong IMO was letting someone who was gonna be bumped on the plane.

And that video wouldn't be half as bad without the yelling/crying lady's reaction and commentating.

Tonya Harding syndrome in the US and flight booking in general.

I mean, you can thwack the legs of your opponent if only one person gets to win gold - so why not do it?

For that matter, why not thwack everyone ones legs if you forget to produce any medallions at all - problem solved.

Its over man, over.

"First they came for economy class, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not economy class.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-11-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast