Quantcast
Unusually slow shipments from China lately? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Unusually slow shipments from China lately?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

What are you guys all buying from asia?

For us my wife buys household goods and personal items like ear picks and other random kitchen accessories.

Also party decorations for the kids are pretty cheap.

For me I bought a LC/SC/ST fiber tester for use at work for $20 It shines a red laser down the fiber optic cable for up to 20km of cable to see whether or not the fiber is either the right one or is broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Originally posted by nzwasp

For us my wife buys household goods and personal items like ear picks and other random kitchen accessories.

For me I bought a LC/SC/ST fiber tester for use at work for $20 It shines a red laser down the fiber optic cable for up to 20km of cable to see whether or not the fiber is either the right one or is broken.
    I typically buy small electronic parts from there, temp sensors, other things like beer taps and beer guns as they're at least 50% cheaper, plus I like just seeing what kind of cheap consumer electronics quality is every now and then. Its never been this bad, my beer gun showed up in 5 days, I've had one of my missing shipments show up (mini XLR jacks), still waiting on a bunch but they've all been filed for claims already. I expect I'll just randomly have a couple headphone amps show up one day.....as long as its before I travel its all good!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    none

I ordered a $500 pump off eBay from China, free shipping, Feb 8. and I got it today. go figure. My $13 plastic army men is almost 3 months and nothing yet.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Mines mostly electronics related stuff (circuit boards, leds, enclosures, etc).

I got tired of waiting 3 months for shipments (since its stuff to sell) so I'm giving this service a try: https://aliexpressagent.com/ 3% order fee plus 4% paypal fee then cost of DHL shipping is about 25$.

Overall it adds about 50$ onto my 3-400$ order but if it means 2 weeks instead of 3 months thats worth it in the end. Mainly curious if I'll get hammered with DHL brokerage fees (probably) thought they asked me what I wanted to put for the $ amount for customs so we'll see.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JudasJimmy
    I ordered a $500 pump off eBay from China, free shipping, Feb 8. and I got it today. go figure. My $13 plastic army men is almost 3 months and nothing yet. [/QUOTE

Trust me, You didnt get free shipping on that pump

They can tack on fees all day on large expensive items but for the cheap items they cant so they use the cheapest, shittiest, slowest, most unreliable option possible.

I dont know if this a new thing or not but my last couple orders they changed the expected date to more than 60 days(after payment) when it was about 30-45 before i placed the order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

[B]What are you guys all buying from asia?
    Mostly hard to find voltage regulators and FETs, and I'm waiting for 3 cheap 5 meter strips of waterproof LEDs, ($9.00 each is hard to beat)

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

Funny coming across this thread, having the same issue as many others.......

Both me and my gf got new tablets mid Nov, been waiting months, no go, nothing. Just got refunds last week. Ive been buying cheap things there for 15 years, never had an issue till this time. Neither of us ever received cases ordered moths ago.

I got my money back, but what a waste of time
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Well its almost 4 months since my two ebay transactions (discussed earlier in this thread and still no items). One was a xmas gift for my wife - tablet case - (lol) which I ordered first week of November. In hindsight I was so naive to think it would have arrived prior to xmas and remember checking the mail every day leading up to it lol. At least i got my full refunds

So I was back on ebay last night, found something I absolutely must have (car lighting) and specifically vetted the sellers for US only (i.e no China sellers). It cost me almost 10 x more for the product (vs. China based sellers who sold in bulk), and shipping was $10 vs. Free but I guess that is the way its going to be from now on. It is such a pain in the ass going through the process, especially building up excitement about getting the item and then it never arrives. Such a let down

I have zero confidence in ordering anything from China until this shipping fiaso is resolved

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

And they say Trump is creating a trade war with China. Canada has that shit locked down even before Trump haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Mini update on the aliexpressagent reshipper. So far pretty happy. I ordered about 150 components across 8 different vendors on Thursday and they received it all this morning. They went checked every item to make sure it was as listed and I woke up to an email saying 2 of the items, although functionally the same as the listing, were slightly different. (LED Rings, still had 16 LEDs but the pcb was a few cm bigger which wouldnt have fit in my design).

So they're sending them back to exchange it with the vendor for the proper item before packaging it and shipping to me. Had I ordered direct I would've waited 2 months to find that out and no chance of shipping it back due to the cost. Pretty impressed.

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

Ordered a phone case on Amazon from China in November. Never received it, just asked the seller for more information and they refunded me right away. Pretty annoying because like most of you I order cheap shit from China all the time and it used to always show up in 1-2 months.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Have an order due today, 2nd time I've ordered it, fingers crossed. I mostly get stupid little things that I don't really need but would make life mildly more convenient/entertaining, and this order is a prime example.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnector-Per.../dp/B00JEN5S6A

With this, I don't have to open the little water-proofing flap to charge my phone. $1 on ebay vs $20 on amazon and $??? in stores, if you can even find them.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Amazon have been pissing me off.
    I ordered a charger for my phone beginning of January, No big rush, save a bit of cashorder online.. but the date changed and it did not even show up. I got a refund.

I ordered through another third party through amazon. I though it was a Canadian company and it gave a one week window to when it would be coming. It still has not come, I argued with Amazon and they explained its going from China. I explained it does not say its coming from China or any of the products are from there. If it was I would not have ordered.

Its mid Feb and I still do not have a phone charger.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I had a couple of Amazon orders (well the same order twice) get canceled with no explanation, thought it might have been an error that's why I tried a 2nd time

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Originally posted by pheoxs

I woke up to an email saying 2 of the items, although functionally the same as the listing, were slightly different. (LED Rings, still had 16 LEDs but the pcb was a few cm bigger which wouldnt have fit in my design).

So they're sending them back to exchange it with the vendor for the proper item before packaging it and shipping to me.
    Sounds like pretty good service, may look into them.

Was looking at a company that acts as a broker for sellers on Taobao but the fees were pretty high.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...package_under/

Looks like our gov't just passed a bill allowing the search of packages under 30g without a warrant if there is 'reasonable suspicion'

Guessing thats going to make the customs backlog even more ridiculous.

My Ride
    FB6

When buying on aliexpress, always check if ePacket is an option.

ePacket seems to only cost a little bit more for some items, but it's treated as express post when it arrives in Canada. I got an order from aliexpress in less than a week with epacket.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Stuff is slowly trickling in. almost 3 months
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Mine came finally. It's free now lol. I got a refund. Almost 4 months.

My Ride
    none

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
    Mine came finally. It's free now lol. I got a refund. Almost 4 months.
    Well, I'd pay the seller back, since you did receive it. There will be some 12 yr old girl having to work double shift with no pay to make up for it.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast