Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Utah & Arizona road trip

Author
Thread
Manhattan
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

Utah & Arizona road trip quote:

Planning to do a road trip in the spring thru Utah & Arizona in the spring time. Not sure if I should pre-book all the hotel/motels beforehand. We'll be going to some of the popular national parks where hotels might be fully booked well in advance. The downside is we'll really be tied to a fixed schedule and won't be to stay or leave spontaneously. Looking for some suggestions on whether or not to prebook my motels.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2017 08:05 PM
Manhattan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manhattan Click here to Send Manhattan a Private Message Find more posts by Manhattan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

craigcd
First Gear

What I drive: KTM
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I am sure you plan to pass through Moab. There is lots to see and several different parks. I would suggest you book in advance as they seem to book up similar to Banff. Starting the first week of March there seems to be a different event every weekend and decent places can book up quickly.

That being said I am sure you could find a place somewhere if needed.

Old Post 02-28-2017 09:48 PM
craigcd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craigcd Click here to Send craigcd a Private Message Find more posts by craigcd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr2mike
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Zion National Park is pretty cool.
Like a small scale grand canyon that you can drive through.

Old Post 02-28-2017 10:07 PM
mr2mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr2mike Click here to Send mr2mike a Private Message Find more posts by mr2mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bleu

What I drive: l'auto blanc
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

We usually drive to Vegas once a year and I love that portion of the road trip. We usually book a few hours prior to getting to our destination for the day. There are a lot of small towns along the way and we have never had difficulties getting a place to stay. We make the trip in the Summer.

Old Post 03-01-2017 02:43 AM
bleu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bleu Click here to Send bleu a Private Message Find more posts by bleu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
taemo
Second Gear

What I drive: rally pig
Posts/Day: 0.77
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

if you're going to the popular NPs, you're better off booking ahead of time unless you're willing to camp in your car worse case scenario.
if you save it last minute (2-3 weeks before trip) then it may be all sold out or you'll find a place far from the parks.
all depends what time of the year and US has a national holiday those weeks.
april-early june you should be ok but summer i wouldnt take chances

Old Post 03-01-2017 02:54 AM
taemo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for taemo Click here to Send taemo a Private Message Find more posts by taemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

If you're travelling in March, I wouldn't worry about pre-booking. Not pre-booking gives you a lot more flexibility. Tourist season doesn't start until the kids get out of school. Source: I've lived in three SW states.

Edit: should tell you I've never tried staying at hotels right near park entrances, my comments are all based on observations of highway traffic volume. Still, March is still totally off-season, you don't see many tourists doing stuff outside until end of may.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Nope, their just idiots who took themselves out of the gene pool.

Last edited by FixedGear on 03-01-2017 at 04:32 AM

Old Post 03-01-2017 04:29 AM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Waldi

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by mr2mike
Zion National Park is pretty cool.
Like a small scale grand canyon that you can drive through.

second this, Bryce Canion and if Arizona, Monument Valley (it is off bitten pah but pretty unusual spot.

Old Post 03-04-2017 08:19 PM
Waldi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Waldi Click here to Send Waldi a Private Message Find more posts by Waldi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:54 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Utah & Arizona road trip

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: