Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Voles!!!

Author
Thread
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Can't comment on the effectiveness but I finally figured out what this was on my neighbors lawn. He has a beautiful lawn and I always thought this was to keep dogs away buts it's for voles.

https://www.amazon.com/Repeller-Ult...+vole+repellent

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-18-2017 02:49 AM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

botox

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04

quote:

^^ Interesting, just bought 2 sets and will give it a try. I haven't seen any this year so far but there were lots of tracks in the grass when the snow melted.

Old Post 04-18-2017 06:16 PM
botox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for botox Click here to Send botox a Private Message Find more posts by botox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craigcd
First Gear

What I drive: KTM
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Trapped 11 to date. Started using poison before the long weekend. I haven't had a trap kill since so:

- I either caught them all in traps/poison
- They have outsmarted me

See how the next couple days go!

Old Post 04-19-2017 10:53 PM
craigcd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craigcd Click here to Send craigcd a Private Message Find more posts by craigcd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Waldi
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam

You just need a cat that actually does cat things.

.. or dog, I have two dogs, young one is catching voles like crazy, herd that once dogs pee in the yard kind of keeps voles off.

Old Post 04-20-2017 12:48 AM
Waldi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Waldi Click here to Send Waldi a Private Message Find more posts by Waldi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BokCh0y
Third Gear

What I drive: GGL15, R53, JCE10, VZN170, BB6
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (74)

quote:

Interesting comment about dogs. Mine pees all over the backyard and they still damaged it.

Do voles move as fast as mice? I heard they're slower.

Old Post 04-20-2017 02:49 AM
BokCh0y is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BokCh0y Click here to Send BokCh0y a Private Message Find more posts by BokCh0y Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I've caught mice with my hands. Harder to do with voles though (I grab mice by the tail).

Old Post 04-23-2017 04:22 AM
suntan is online now Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by suntan
I've caught mice with my hands. Harder to do with voles though (I grab mice by the tail).

Attachment: 1nqyeu.jpg

Old Post 04-23-2017 04:49 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24

quote:

Hey I was really hungry at the time.

Old Post 04-23-2017 11:57 PM
suntan is online now Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by suntan
Hey I was really hungry at the time.

Because you couldn't catch any voles to eat?!

Old Post 04-24-2017 04:59 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
colinxx235
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by BokCh0y
Interesting comment about dogs. Mine pees all over the backyard and they still damaged it.

Do voles move as fast as mice? I heard they're slower.

I've never come across mice in person, but the Voles are pretty damn quick through the grass. Not to mention a bit tough to see at times.

Last year a few of them kept making holes at the property line next to my neighbors stones and if I came in the area would always run out and under my front step. Managed to kick two of them throughout the entire summer. Then after they would run onto the otherside of the fence til I left. At which point I started moving a trap right into the path they would come back. Got both of them

I picked up 2 packs of those sulphur bombs, will use pretty soon once it warms up and I can rake/fill the holes on a weekend.

Old Post 04-24-2017 05:09 PM
colinxx235 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for colinxx235 Click here to Send colinxx235 a Private Message Find more posts by colinxx235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
foos_guy

What I drive: 2006 Mazda 3
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by botox
^^ Interesting, just bought 2 sets and will give it a try. I haven't seen any this year so far but there were lots of tracks in the grass when the snow melted.

I got a vole problem as well. Did you get these locally or online? Would prefer solar powered, but not a must...

Old Post 04-24-2017 11:14 PM
foos_guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for foos_guy Click here to Send foos_guy a Private Message Find more posts by foos_guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boat
First Gear

What I drive: '10 Civic
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

Up to 4 total now. It's been quiet for the last couple of days. They must be mounting an counter offensive

Old Post 04-25-2017 12:09 AM
Boat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boat Click here to Send Boat a Private Message Find more posts by Boat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craigcd
First Gear

What I drive: KTM
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (14)

quote:

Originally posted by Boat
Up to 4 total now. It's been quiet for the last couple of days. They must be mounting an counter offensive

I felt the same, round 2 now though. Changed to apple and have another kill. Up to 12... bastards.

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:53 AM
craigcd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craigcd Click here to Send craigcd a Private Message Find more posts by craigcd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BokCh0y
Third Gear

What I drive: GGL15, R53, JCE10, VZN170, BB6
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (74)

quote:

Still just the one from my neighbors that I killed.....waiting for more still.

Old Post 04-25-2017 04:18 AM
BokCh0y is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BokCh0y Click here to Send BokCh0y a Private Message Find more posts by BokCh0y Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
botox

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by foos_guy

I got a vole problem as well. Did you get these locally or online? Would prefer solar powered, but not a must...

Not sure where or if they are available locally but I ordered them from amazon and they just arrived yesterday and yes they are solar powered. Had them in the house last night under some lights and they were all buzzing so seems to be working and will stick them in when the snow melts.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...=UTF8&psc=1

Old Post 04-25-2017 02:28 PM
botox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for botox Click here to Send botox a Private Message Find more posts by botox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:19 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Voles!!!

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: