Quantcast
VW's Cheated EPA test Automaker faces $18B in fines. - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: VW's Cheated EPA test Automaker faces $18B in fines.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just give redlyne (Ryan) a call. He's offering the same deals to everyone on Beyond.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Acura TL - SH-AWD

I will give him a call and try to get the same deal.

Sounds great to have loaded Golf!

Last edited by Cos; 12-21-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by max_boost
    The deal just kept getting better so I decided to bite.

Closed a deal with Redlyne today on a Golf Comfortline fully loaded. Yes fully loaded there were only 3 options (auto, convenience, light/sound package) haha

I am impressed with what VW packaged into the car, turbo 170hp, leather, panoramic sunroof, bi-xenon, sound system, navigation, backup camera etc. Lots of goodies

Yes I contemplated both the GTi and the R but you know things can get out of hand quickly.

I can't speak on other dealers but based on my two previous purchases, 10-GTi from Northland, 12-TDi from SCFC, I highly doubt they will give you the deal without some negotiating or hookups.

Anyway just sharing my experience with the og chatroom manwhore. He gives you a price and tells you to have a good day. It's straightforward. You can go home and do your homework etc. if you think it isn't a deal.
    Highline would have been the fully loaded Golf no?

Lots of guys going up to Red Deer to get VWs. I drove another members new GTI this weekend.
    For that money there's nothing else in the segment that's as good overall. I think it's funny VW rates the car at 210 hp.

Last edited by Cos; 12-21-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    NC1

Fully loaded "comfortline" haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    TDi

Anyone sign up to the website yet?
    GO FLAMES GO!

I received this on Monday and I signed up for it.

Dear Volkswagen Owner,

Volkswagen Canada would like to provide registered Owners of affected 2.0L TDI vehicles with a gesture of goodwill for your continued patience – a $1,000 Owner Credit Package that can be used at your Volkswagen Dealership towards vehicle care costs, accessories or other expenses related to your vehicle. Or, use up to half towards purchases anywhere credit cards are accepted. Also included – No-Charge 24-Hour Roadside Assistance for three years.

To learn more, please visit www.vwemissionsinfo.ca. Click on the blue “Learn More” box at the top-right of the screen and then enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). After entering your VIN, follow the instructions on how to receive and activate the Owner Credit Package.

We will be contacting you again in the near future with further updates.

Owner Credit Package FAQs

1. What is the Owner Credit Package and who is eligible for this Package?
    Current owners and lessees of 2.0L TDI vehicles affected by the emissions issue are eligible for the Owner Credit Package which consists of:

1. $500 for use at Volkswagen Dealerships only;
    2. A further $500 for use at your Volkswagen Dealership or anywhere credit cards are accepted and;
    3. No-Charge 24-Hour Roadside Assistance for three years, with unlimited mileage.

Our records show that your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is eligible for this offer. To register for the Owner Credit Package please go to www.vwemissionsinfo.ca and click on the “Learn More” button at the top-right of the screen.

2. I previously entered my information on www.vwemissionsinfo.ca. Do I need to enter my information again to register for the Owner Credit Package?
    Yes. In order to register for the Owner Credit Package you will need to register by clicking on the “Learn More” button at the top-right of the screen on www.vwemissionsinfo.ca. You will once again need to provide all of your information for final validation, as well as agree to future terms and conditions associated with receiving the cards.

3. How long does it take to receive the Owner Credit Package?
    Your Owner Credit Package should arrive within 6 weeks of registering online. After your Owner Credit Package arrives, you will need to visit your dealership for card activation. We recommend activating your Owner Credit Package as soon as possible.

If it has been more than 6 weeks since you registered and your Owner Credit Package hasn’t arrived, please contact Volkswagen Customer CARE at 1-800-822-8987.

4. Will I have to forfeit my right to take legal action or to receive other compensation in the future if I accept this offer now?
    No. You will NOT forfeit your right to take legal action or to receive other compensation in the future if you accept this offer now. We are providing this package as a gesture of goodwill for your continued patience as we work to develop a correction for your vehicle.

5. Are any vehicles excluded from the Owner Credit Package?
    Yes, there are certain customers that are excluded from the program. Fleet vehicles and vehicles owned by Volkswagen Group Canada, Volkswagen Dealers, or Volkswagen Credit (such as those that are part of the employee lease program), unregistered vehicles owned by independent Dealers and wholesalers, and vehicles purchased on or after December 4, 2015 are not eligible for this Owner Credit Package.

Thank you,

Volkswagen Canada
    Dear DarthVWader ,

Thank you for requesting the $1,000 Owner Credit Package, No-Charge 24-Hour Roadside Assistance for three years* and signing up to receive communications regarding the 2.0L TDI emissions issue. Your reference code is:

Volkswagen is committed to finding a remedy as soon as possible. We would like to emphasize that the EPA and Environment Canada noted that vehicles affected by this issue are legal and safe to drive, and we are working to develop a remedy that will meet the government’s expectations.

Within 6 weeks you will receive a letter from Volkswagen Canada that contains instructions on how to activate your $1,000 Owner Credit Package at participating Volkswagen dealerships.

For immediate inquiries, please consult the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Volkswagen Canada Owner Credit Package, Eligibility Requirements or consult Volkswagen Owner Customer Care:

1-800-822-8987
    8am – 8pm EST
    Monday – Friday
    [email protected]

Thank you,

Volkswagen Canada

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

The Audi package was different from the VW one when I signed up last night.

1. $500 in dealership credit(no change).
    2. 3 Years additional roadside assistance(no change).
    3. 2 Free scheduled maintenance services.

The free scheduled maintenance could be worth much more than a $500 Visa, if they allow you to choose when to use it. Save it for a major service and you saved yourself 100's of dollars. But I kind of wish I had the flexibility on how to spend that Visa gift card.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by npham
    The Audi package was different from the VW one when I signed up last night.

1. $500 in dealership credit(no change).
    2. 3 Years additional roadside assistance(no change).
    3. 2 Free scheduled maintenance services.

The free scheduled maintenance could be worth much more than a $500 Visa, if they allow you to choose when to use it. Save it for a major service and you saved yourself 100's of dollars. But I kind of wish I had the flexibility on how to spend that Visa gift card.
    Well since I don't think there is DSG in TDI's, it's probably $400 oil change or a bit more if transmission service is involved.

Still better than $500 tho.

But given Audi TDI is more expensive than VW and same % drop means bigger losses, so throwing in more expensive services make sense.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Well since I don't think there is DSG in TDI's.

I have DSG in my 2014 and I had DSG in my 2009 Jetta. Are you talking Audi only?
    Last edited by darthVWader; 12-09-2015 at 05:27 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by darthVWader

I have DSG in my 2014 and I had DSG in my 2009 Jetta. Are you talking Audi only?
    Wow didn't know they pair TDI with DSGs. That's worth it for the $700-$1000 transmission service every 50-60k.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by darthVWader

Wow didn't know they pair TDI with DSGs. That's worth it for the $700-$1000 transmission service every 50-60k.

My Ride
    Ram

Ryan is the man

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

What did you get? I have my wife convinced to get a new vw now just waiting for the right time to buy. Wish the golf r with sunroof would come.

Originally posted by Sorath
    Ryan is the man
    Because he caved and discounted a Golf R? HA!
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

Originally posted by Mibz
    I had no idea BigMass was so OG, damn.

Geez, I remember when riceeater was in over his head doing carbon fiber wraps back when I drove the Neon.

Memories... Memories of a time before killramos, Sugarphreak and HiTempGuy.
    been around since albertacars.net. At that time I was actually posting about cars instead of the old man ranting at the world crap that I'm doing now. Maybe making it this far without being banned is somewhat of a badge of honor :p

I'm still disappointed at my user rating which was due to me inappropriately bumping a for sale thread by mistake like 10 years ago lol

My Ride
    NC1

Dude your old man ranting at the world crap is legit.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by BigMass
    I'm still disappointed at my user rating which was due to me inappropriately bumping a for sale thread by mistake like 10 years ago lol
    There ya go. After 14 years of not getting banned, you've earned it haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by max_boost
    Dude your old man ranting at the world crap is legit.
    don't change! Haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast