Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > What about Maxime Bernier?

Author
Thread
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by googe

His stupid briefcase is going to be the "Hillary's emails" of the election.

Its actually a bit more serious than that, I had actually mostly forgotten about this. The chick he was dating was Hell's Angel or mob affiliated.

That does not endear me to him at all

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2017 04:43 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

Re: Re: Re: What about Maxime Bernier? quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
I always find this humorous about Beyond, I've posted here close to once a day for 12 years, and a person can't remember any society posts of how conservative I am, but remember I voted NDP once (while not remembering any of the context).

This is why I'm pissed that the boadreader "active posters" site seems to be broken these days. I'm sure it's way more than one per day bro. Although it may not be as many as me, I'm on a streak.

Old Post 02-24-2017 05:00 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 95%

Re: Re: Re: Re: What about Maxime Bernier? quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

I'm sure it's way more than one per day bro.

You can tell when I am busy, there was a 7 day stretch I don't think I posted once about 3 weeks ago. And now I am back working in the office

Somebody give me some work please Or severance, so I can go race in Mexico for the next 12 months

Old Post 02-24-2017 05:28 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

I've found my choice. Rick Peterson.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/opinion...ideas-1.4030656

Old Post 03-18-2017 03:55 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Re: What about Maxime Bernier? quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
While I am clearly a conservative at heart, it is quite clear that conservatism is on the decline worldwide.

Initially I was interested in and supportive of O'Leary, but I am starting to see that his ideals do not match mine.

Bernier is running on a much more libertarian angle, and that is appealing. Because truthfully, I don't give a crap what somebody else does, but they better not impose their will on me (via laws, regulations, or taxes, basically by force of gov).

I certainly support Kellie Leitch, but I don't know if her policies/position/attitude have what it takes to lead the conservative party to a majority.

Beyond is a smart group of people, who do you want as the C party leader? Besides Rona Ambrose (who really should be the official leader).

Interesting. Will have to look into him (bernier) seems to be a more centrist than some conservatives.

Glad to see he was one of the 1000+ that voted last may to remove the "marriage is a union between a man and a woman" piece from the conservative platform. Can't believe that fucktardery was still in there until last year...... The question is who are the 462 that were against it and what is their damage

Edit: nm there are a couple of those guys running. Laughable....

Not cool though that most are against assisted suicide including Bernier. Can't really call him libertarian. Being allowed to decide when you die to me is the pinnacle of liberty, I don't want to live life as a vegetable and I want to go out while I'm not a shell of a human burdening everyone around me...

Last edited by J-hop on 03-19-2017 at 12:13 AM

Old Post 03-19-2017 12:07 AM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36
User Rating: 99%

Re: Re: What about Maxime Bernier? quote:

Originally posted by J-hop
Glad to see he was one of the 1000+ that voted last may to remove the "marriage is a union between a man and a woman" piece from the conservative platform. Can't believe that fucktardery was still in there until last year...... The question is who are the 462 that were against it and what is their damage

Unbelievable.

Why should anyway care what 2 people do with each other, and why do religionists have a creepy obsession with gay people?

Old Post 03-19-2017 12:14 AM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

How the hell did Kenney win by a landslide?

He's all for uniting the right, but I suspect that means cozying up to the WR, then walking all over them.

Also, this guy looks like some old school corrupt politician that belongs in Southern Alabama. He's against same sex marriage and abortion, and probably against pot legalization and dying with dignity. Yep, same old shit.

Old Post 03-20-2017 02:29 PM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39

quote:

Originally posted by Seth1968
How the hell did Kenney win by a landslide?

He's all for uniting the right, but I suspect that means cozying up to the WR, then walking all over them.

Also, this guy looks like some old school corrupt politician that belongs in Southern Alabama. He's against same sex marriage and abortion, and probably against pot legalization and dying with dignity. Yep, same old shit.

Yea I think he could just be another political slime ball (wrt gay rights).He came out in 'support' of gay marriage last year but up until then he's been fighting gay marriage and gay rights pretty hard.

Probably figured since the NDP won he would have to move more socially progressive to capture votes.

Sucks because he is going to be elected for sure with a reactionary vote....

Old Post 03-20-2017 02:41 PM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive: Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

Brian Jean for leader. I am going to vote that the party keeps the WR name. Fuck the PCs. good riddance.

This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Originally posted by Mar
This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Old Post 03-20-2017 02:58 PM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Brian Jean for leader. I am going to vote that the party keeps the WR name. Fuck the PCs. good riddance.

Ditto on fuck the PCs. So damn corrupt.

I always was, and always will be against a merger for the reasons I stated. With that said, if one wants to boot the NDP, then the WR alone, may not be the answer.

Old Post 03-20-2017 03:35 PM
Feruk

What I drive: G6
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Brian Jean? Sorry but you need charisma to win. Jean has none. I think if Danielle Smith was around, she could pull off a win. Not Jean though.

Old Post 03-20-2017 03:37 PM
Feruk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feruk Click here to Send Feruk a Private Message Find more posts by Feruk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by Feruk
Brian Jean? Sorry but you need charisma to win. Jean has none. I think if Danielle Smith was around, she could pull off a win. Not Jean though.

I listen a lot to Danielle Smith, and she's a-ok in my books. I'm especially impressed with her down to earth positions, and bravery in not avoiding questions like the typical politician. When she was leader of the WR, I predicted her win, then she jumped ship. WTF?

I like Jean as well, but optics and personally can often supersede political position. That unfortunately means his kind of goofy looks and lack of charisma will hurt him.

Old Post 03-20-2017 03:44 PM
phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Perfect!

Kevin O'Leary drops out of Conservative leadership race and now supports Maxime Bernier

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kev...rnier-1.4086583

Old Post 04-26-2017 07:04 PM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
Posts/Day: 0.53

quote:

Seems like it's Max's race to lose now.

"Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

www.touchstoneinsurance.ca

Old Post 04-26-2017 07:40 PM
Masked Bandit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Masked Bandit Click here to Send Masked Bandit a Private Message Visit Masked Bandit's homepage! Find more posts by Masked Bandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

I've found my choice. Rick Peterson.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/opinion...ideas-1.4030656

This dude still have zero chance?

Old Post 04-26-2017 07:45 PM
The time now is 11:12 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > What about Maxime Bernier?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: