Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > What is your favorite reward CC

Author
Thread
secol

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by roopi

MBNA Rewards World Elite is 2% on all purchases. $89.00 annual fee but with your first purchase you get 10,000 reward points which works out to $100.00 cash back. You can request a cash back check at anytime instead of waiting for the yearly ones like most credit cards.

extra $60 as well. there was also a deal where you can get first year free. so basically year 1 free, year 2 and 3 also free (paid by the reward points and GCR)

https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca...ds-World-Elite/

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-13-2017 10:56 PM
secol is offline Click Here to See the Profile for secol Click here to Send secol a Private Message Find more posts by secol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

cidley69
First Gear

What I drive: '08 Ford Lariat
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (66)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Has anyone had to use the extended warranty that comes with credit card?

I bought a fridge with Capital One World Elite card in 2015. Since then I switched to MBNA card.

Can I make warranty claim of card that no longer is active?

Answer to that question is NO.

Something to keep in mind, if you close a card account, you are also terminating any extended warranties that went along with that card.

SHITTY!

Last edited by cidley69 on 03-14-2017 at 08:54 PM

Old Post 03-14-2017 08:39 PM
cidley69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cidley69 Click here to Send cidley69 a Private Message Find more posts by cidley69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent.ff
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

Question for you guys, with my TD visa infinite, can i transfer my travel points to another account? My girlfriend is looking at moving banks, so if i can get her on another visa infinite and we could combine?

Last edited by Brent.ff on 03-15-2017 at 03:05 PM

Old Post 03-15-2017 03:03 PM
Brent.ff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent.ff Click here to Send Brent.ff a Private Message Find more posts by Brent.ff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by Brent.ff
Question for you guys, with my TD visa infinite, can i transfer my travel points to another account? My girlfriend is looking at moving banks, so if i can get her on another visa infinite and we could combine?

I don't think the TD points are transferable.

You don't need to be with TD to use a TD card... You'll just end up guaranteed paying the annual fee on it.

Old Post 03-15-2017 03:16 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.98
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Aeroplan is doing a top up offer to convert hotel points to miles in 1:1 + % on top!

Might go on a trip soon huehuehue

Old Post 03-15-2017 03:18 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent.ff
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam

I don't think the TD points are transferable.

You don't need to be with TD to use a TD card... You'll just end up guaranteed paying the annual fee on it.

Confirmed, they aren't transferable unless im primary on both cards...guess we wait till married then share a card

Old Post 03-15-2017 08:19 PM
Brent.ff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent.ff Click here to Send Brent.ff a Private Message Find more posts by Brent.ff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
birdman86
Neutral

What I drive: '11 Xterra
Posts/Day: 0.17
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Does anyone use the tangerine card? 2% cash back on three categories if you deposit rewards to a tangerine account, 1% everything else, low FX fee and is a no-fee card. Seems like a good all-in-one cash back card.

Old Post 03-16-2017 01:55 AM
birdman86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for birdman86 Click here to Send birdman86 a Private Message Find more posts by birdman86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzdspd
Neutral

What I drive: LNF

quote:

Originally posted by birdman86
Does anyone use the tangerine card? 2% cash back on three categories if you deposit rewards to a tangerine account, 1% everything else, low FX fee and is a no-fee card. Seems like a good all-in-one cash back card.

I have been using it for 4 months now (already racked up 150$ with the 4% promo).. It is great. I use it for groceries, Reoccuring bills and Entertainment plus any purchases that do not fall under these (1%). And then I have my Costco Capital One MC for Restaurants (3%) and Gas (2%) or any rental/car share purchases (for the insurance).

Seems to be a good combo.

Old Post 03-16-2017 04:22 PM
mzdspd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzdspd Click here to Send mzdspd a Private Message Find more posts by mzdspd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Unless you have largely disproportionate spending, the flat 2% cards are better than the tiered cards (i.e. higher percentage on groceries & gas).

The Amazon Visa is free, 1% cash back, and no FX fee at all, so you should be using that one for any traveling or foreign purchases

The Tangerine card doesn't sound that great though because why take 2% only on certain things when you can have 2% on everything AND no FX fee?

Old Post 03-16-2017 04:34 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzdspd
Neutral

What I drive: LNF

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Unless you have largely disproportionate spending, the flat 2% cards are better than the tiered cards (i.e. higher percentage on groceries & gas).

The Amazon Visa is free, 1% cash back, and no FX fee at all, so you should be using that one for any traveling or foreign purchases

The Tangerine card doesn't sound that great though because why take 2% only on certain things when you can have 2% on everything AND no FX fee?

I also have the Amazon Visa and I agree that it is a good card for Amazon purchases (2%) and FX when travelling.

But which card has no yearly fees and 2% on everything?

Also, go to ratehub to compare cards.. And enter in where you spend your money. Tangerine is usually one of the top cards. The others that beat it, usually beat it due to the first year rewards and waived yearly fees.

Last edited by mzdspd on 03-16-2017 at 04:46 PM

Old Post 03-16-2017 04:43 PM
mzdspd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzdspd Click here to Send mzdspd a Private Message Find more posts by mzdspd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sabad66
Second Gear

What I drive: 2013 Q5
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (77)

quote:

Originally posted by mzdspd

I also have the Amazon Visa and I agree that it is a good card for Amazon purchases (2%) and FX when travelling.

Also, go to ratehub to compare cards.. And enter in where you spend your money. Tangerine is usually one of the top cards. The others that beat it, usually beat it due to the first year rewards and waived yearly fees.

BMO WE yearly fee is waived if you bank with them and are on the premium plan. The premium plan is $30/month but free if you maintain a minimum $6000 balance. So it can be free if you can maintain the balance.

All the other banks offer something similar with their high end cards.

Old Post 03-16-2017 05:25 PM
sabad66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sabad66 Click here to Send sabad66 a Private Message Find more posts by sabad66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by mzdspd

The Amazon card also gives 1% back on all purchases, not just 2% on Amazon purchases

Sorry I didn't know we were only talking free cards, however the small annual fees are often offset fairly quickly, or given back to you in the form of points to completely negate it (Capital One did this, not sure if they still do).

If Tangerine has no fees, that's pretty good, but depending on your spending you will very easily be ahead of any annual fee in a couple months tops at 2%, and well ahead at the end of the year.

Old Post 03-16-2017 05:36 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (40)

quote:

Originally posted by sabad66
BMO WE

The BMO cashback card is 1.75% on everything.
The travel card is 2%, but you have to spend it through their overpriced booking engine.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Sorry I didn't know we were only talking free cards, however the small annual fees are often offset fairly quickly, or given back to you in the form of points to completely negate it (Capital One did this, not sure if they still do).

If Tangerine has no fees, that's pretty good, but depending on your spending you will very easily be ahead of any annual fee in a couple months tops at 2%, and well ahead at the end of the year.

To make up a typical annual fee ($100) at a 1% spread, you'd have to spend $10,000 on other categories besides your top 3. To some people that's little, to some it's a lot.

Going the annual fee route, I'd throw in the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite as a contender - exploit the grocery store or gas station gift card loophole for 4% back.

Originally posted by max_boost
Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Old Post 03-16-2017 06:33 PM
Strider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Find more posts by Strider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:27 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > What is your favorite reward CC

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: