Thread: What should I lease? (Long)

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Originally posted by bourge73
    Beautiful! The more I look the more I like
    Now to tint or to not tint ....
    Tint! I tinted mine.
    40 in the front, 28 in the rear.
    I was going to not tint it, but after seeing pictures it looks wayyyy better tinted.

Originally posted by Tej.S
    Wow, that is actually a very nice color. Congrats on the purchase Mitsu!
    Thanks! I *almost* didn't buy it because of the color and I normally hate black rims but it's really grown on me.

Originally posted by Chester
    Wow, that's really nice. How much is your lease payment, if you don't mind me asking?
    If you want the exact details shoot me a PM but it's nicely under $400/mo with zero down.

Originally posted by HiSpec

I saw a tinted one in the exact same colour by Royal Oak yesterday... looked pretty badass! Unless Mitsu is already ahead of the game
    No plans to tint at the moment, but who knows. Maybe I'll see a tinted one and it will change my mind. I do kind of like my front windows stock/clear but maybe the back.

My Ride

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

No plans to tint at the moment, but who knows. Maybe I'll see a tinted one and it will change my mind. I do kind of like my front windows stock/clear but maybe the back.
    Bad pictures but here's mine tinted. Ignore the ugly steelies and the bad pictures. I don't have it tinted that dark, 40 in the front, 28 in the rear.

^^ That looks pretty slick, especially against the pearl white. Blends nicely with the trim as well.

I don't know though, I kind of like the look of normal glass too haha. I'll have to think about it. If I'm just swapping it out after 2-4 years I'm less inclined to spend money on cosmetic things.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by 4doorj

Bad pictures but here's mine tinted. Ignore the ugly steelies and the bad pictures. I don't have it tinted that dark, 40 in the front, 28 in the rear.
    What tires did you put onto the steelies. I must say the OEM dark rims are very nice. If you guys don't like it and want to sell them for cheap let me know

My Ride

Originally posted by bigbadboss101

What tires did you put onto the steelies. I must say the OEM dark rims are very nice. If you guys don't like it and want to sell them for cheap let me know
    x-ice

haha Yah I've been contemplating putting on aftermarket wheels on it. But I really really do like the OEM wheels too. If I decide to go aftermarket I'll let you know.

Positive write up here from jalopnik on the hatch. He says 0-60 on the sport is 6.2sec:

http://jalopnik.com/a-2017-honda-civ...-sm-1792651575

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Have you driven it hard yet? We have been pretty gentle and driving in D mode. I should open it up. They say the engines were put thru testing so no further break in period is needed. Of course that is arguable.

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    Have you driven it hard yet? We have been pretty gentle and driving in D mode. I should open it up. They say the engines were put thru testing so no further break in period is needed. Of course that is arguable.
    Yes I have because I test drove my exact car before I decided to buy it. In general though no, that's just not really my driving style and the weather has been average. The manual just says for the first 1000km avoid sudden acceleration or full throttle applications. That's it. Nothing about speed or RPMs. It also says avoid hard braking for the first 300km but clearly that isn't an issue either because if you need to brake, you brake. However everything I've ever read suggests hard break-ins are better for longevity, retain more power, and burn the least oil over time. Also on any new car that's been test driven, you can bet it's been bagged at least once on every drive, so it's clearly not an issue or dealers wouldn't let you do that. My own little theory is that manufacturers tell you to do a soft break in because publishing anything in the manual like "drive it hard" could potentially open them up to liability with people doing dumb things, breaking traffic laws, etc. and blaming it on the manual's instructions.

There are also no oil-change intervals, it is strictly handled by the car's computer OR change it every year - that's it. The engine also uses a timing chain not a belt.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-28-2017 at 10:01 AM.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

For the lease loyalty rate reduction, do you have to have a Honda that's being financed/leased currently through HCF, or can it be paid off as well?

My Ride

Originally posted by Aleks
    For the lease loyalty rate reduction, do you have to have a Honda that's being financed/leased currently through HCF, or can it be paid off as well?
    This is what I was told :
    Most of the time they should currently financing or leasing a honda. But I think they have 30days after paying off their loan

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by HiSpec

I saw a tinted one in the exact same colour by Royal Oak yesterday... looked pretty badass! Unless Mitsu is already ahead of the game
    Probably the same one I saw.

This color is growing on me

They gave it to me for having a 7-year old Honda that I bought outright from a different dealer in 2011. It also works if you have another Honda in the household that isn't yours.

My Ride
    Exploded.

That Sonic Grey Pearl is only available in Sport Touring? BS!

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

So who did you guys deal with at Okotoks? GM, sales manager, salesperson?

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Mod please move this post if it doesn't belong here

http://dsportmag.com/the-tech/boosti...cs-td03-turbo/

My Ride
    '16 Civic

Congrats on the car! We should plan a 10th Gen Civic meet haha. Love the subtle touches they put on the hatch. Damn shame it came out so late compared to the sedan though otherwise I would've gotten it instead. I plan to retrofit the black grill, clear side markers, and aluminum pedals on mine this summer. I'm also digging the wheels and the gloss back pillar trim.I have the matte trim and it looks cheaper. That rattle in the rear deck also kills me -__-

Careful of the windshield though. It's weak as fuck. I just had my A1 service appointment the last time I replied to your post, and on my way back I got a spider crack. Three days ago I also got a 4 inch line crack coming down from the top of the glass on the driver side. I drive 10 kms to U of C from Edgemont on a regular and even Crowchild isn't that bad in terms of rock chips so maybe I'm just unlucky. I had the 2014 model before this for two years and the windshield never got damaged. I'm just afraid to know how much a replacement is considering the Honda Sensing cameras and stuff.
    Last edited by Jonathanl10; 03-02-2017 at 01:13 AM.
    2016 Honda Civic Touring

My Ride
    '16 Civic

Oh yeah, I wanted to post a picture of my car too. Back when it was clean and dry, but now it's on LX hubcaps and it's dirty af
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2016 Honda Civic Touring

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

So who did you guys deal with at Okotoks? GM, sales manager, salesperson?
    I say go straight to the GM. Friendly and helpful staff.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by Jonathanl10
    Congrats on the car! We should plan a 10th Gen Civic meet haha.
    We should plan a meet! Should start a new thread.

Looks like most people got the Sports model and up. I got the LX CVT. My wife will be driving it most of the time with our daughter at the back. My SUV is huge and I am not comfortable having my wife park and maneuver it.

Hondata looks interesting. Any chance you think the dealer would install it and still keep warranty? Boost increase is not drastic unless you do intake, FMIC and custom tune.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast