What should I lease? (Long) - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I lease? (Long)

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Glad it helped!

Wow that is quite a bit extra mileage just form gas brand
    It is like they said above.. It is the ethanol. I run Costco/superstore because it is cheaper and it uses no ethanol. Husky and petro use ethanol.

Last time I went to the states they use ethanol blended 91 and it is shit. My mileage dropped by probably 20%.

^ Interesting I did not know ethanol made such a difference to fuel economy.

My Ride
    Exploded.

SOMEONE PM ME A HONDA CONTACT ROFL.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

My butt dino did't like Costco even on our Fit. But the gas is the same just no additives? And you said it has low/no Ethanol?

I didn't feel the power with Petro 94. Don't really like Husky. Usually stick with Shell, Esso, and Coop that is right by my house.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

If the dealer doesn't have a Sport Touring you're welcome to check mine out. The interior is nicer than the sport (or at least looks that way) because they wrap everything in leather that the Sport has thin cloth, even on the doors. One of the biggest differences is the sound system though if you care about that - you go from 180W/8speakers to 540W/12 speakers with subwoofer. You also get built in Navigation, but it's less important with android/apple auto. Heated rear seats too and full LED headlights (including high-beams) with auto highbeam sensing and rain sensing wipers.

All the Honda Sensing stuff is pretty cool too, and it really works. I've tested it multiple times, and it's intervened a couple times on me already (not sure what that says about my driving ). It's really nice to have it watching out for you though. Having the radar guided cruise control on a sub $30K car is pretty cool.
    I went to the dealership after and sat in the touring. And yes the leather is wayyyy nicer. Especially around the center console. Sooo much softer. And your right around that center console its the cloth and very plasticy feeling. I wish I never sat in it. Now I wonder if I should of got the touring too hahaha

One of my favorite parts is the speedometer! That thing is sweet. Its like out of a car that costs double or triple.

On the forums when I see the USA sport hatchbacks. They get a normal speedometer and a crappy non touch screen. Canadian sport is wayyyyy better. I heard its to justify the higher price we pay here in canada, but who knows.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

That's the thing people seem to forget when looking at these.

The sport touring manual is ~ $3,000 more than the previous gen Civic Si was. Towards the end you could lease one of those for just around $300/month with all the incentives.

Originally posted by 4doorj

I went to the dealership after and sat in the touring. And yes the leather is wayyyy nicer. Especially around the center console. Sooo much softer. And your right around that center console its the cloth and very plasticy feeling. I wish I never sat in it. Now I wonder if I should of got the touring too hahaha

One of my favorite parts is the speedometer! That thing is sweet. Its like out of a car that costs double or triple.

On the forums when I see the USA sport hatchbacks. They get a normal speedometer and a crappy non touch screen. Canadian sport is wayyyyy better. I heard its to justify the higher price we pay here in canada, but who knows.
    Haha sorry about that....

Yeah it made a big difference to me, the material they cover the center console and door-mid sections in the Non-ST seemed very thin, and I am not sure how it would wear over time (probably not bad though, I'm sure they tested it). The leather wrappings made a bigger difference than I had expected, and along with all the tech it makes me feel like I'm in a car costing $10K more.

The Speedo is wicked, tons of functionality there. It even shows your next navigation instruction in the middle of the speedo with both Honda Nav and Google Nav via carplay, and counts down to your next turn with a distance scale. If you listening to music it shows album art along with artist/track, etc.

Originally posted by Aleks
    That's the thing people seem to forget when looking at these.

The sport touring manual is ~ $3,000 more than the previous gen Civic Si was. Towards the end you could lease one of those for just around $300/month with all the incentives.
    I was aware of that when I bought mine. I'm getting a ton more equipment, plus a turbo, a hatch, and a faster car (especially in Calgary). To me that is worth $3000 easily. It's a much more refined vehicle than the outgoing generation. I will be curious to see what the Si will be priced at, and if you can get it in hatch or not. If it's amazing, and comes in a hatch, I'll swap my car for that in 2 years.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-03-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Just found out it's made in England. They need British Racing Green

Yup only the Hatch is made in England, the Sedan is made in Ontario. Makes me feel like I got more for my Freight & PDI money

Also as per my earlier comments, the hatch is made better. Doors sound way better when shut and pass all my tests, and there is no subwoofer/bass rattle. The hatch also gets hydraulic rear suspension bushings, which you don't get in the sedan except for the top trim levels. Suspension is tuned differently as well.

My Ride

Yup only the Hatch is made in England, the Sedan is made in Ontario. Makes me feel like I got more for my Freight & PDI money

Also as per my earlier comments, the hatch is made better. Doors sound way better when shut and pass all my tests, and there is no subwoofer/bass rattle. The hatch also gets hydraulic rear suspension bushings, which you don't get in the sedan except for the top trim levels.
    I heard there's alot of rattles in the back ofr the sedan

Originally posted by 4doorj

I heard there's a lot of rattles in the back ofr the sedan
    Apparently the subwoofer is causing people some problem with rattles in the Sedan, especially in the back as you say. Same with the coupe when I drove it. None in the hatch.

Right now I have a TDI and if/when I get out of it the Civic hatch will be on the list. Thanks for the thread

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Yep, great info in this thread. I hope those who have the HB can update over the long term reliability and potential issues as time goes.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    My butt dino did't like Costco even on our Fit. But the gas is the same just no additives? And you said it has low/no Ethanol?

I didn't feel the power with Petro 94. Don't really like Husky. Usually stick with Shell, Esso, and Coop that is right by my house.
    I run Costco premium on my G37, no difference in butt dyno between Costco, Petro, Co-Op or Shell.

My Ride
    bus

So is okotoks Honda the place to go to for the best deal on one of these? My suby just hit 240,000km and I think it's time for a change.

My Ride

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Yep, great info in this thread. I hope those who have the HB can update over the long term reliability and potential issues as time goes.
    I'm actually having a issue that hasnt been resolved.
    Problem with my smart key.
    When I get out of my car press the button to lock it works. Then go inside the house, come back. Try and unlock it with key in pocket and it doesnt work.
    Only starts working once I unlock with the key fob.
    It was working for the first week. Then started having issues. Thats why I was at the dealership. The service department spent over an hour trying to figure it out. But couldn't fix it. Called honda and they said they actually know about the problem. Working on fixing it. Suppodley they are working on a software upgrade for it.

Here's the thread of other people having it.
    http://www.civicx.com/threads/today-...1/#post-153379

It sucks because I got so used to the smart key and now it stopped working hahahah First world problems

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by relyt92
    I run Costco premium on my G37, no difference in butt dyno between Costco, Petro, Co-Op or Shell.
    Yeah I think I will try Costco again and see. Quite a bit cheaper and have cash back end of year. Coop is across the road from us so that is our go to station.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Whoever sent me PM's: Thanks for the contacts!

I was going to snipe it, but I did the math and I would be under if I gave up the Merc and went for a new Honda.

Which is a shame, because it looks so good in that slate blue color.

My Ride
    NC1

bro. you are the next gen beyond dai lo with the Benz. Leave the Civic to us creepers approaching 40.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    changes every year

saw my first sport touring in white yesterday and man they look beefy. Its really growing on me. I'd be interested to see what the type r will be like.

on another note, I really have to get my wife to learn manual. I'm missing out on so many options because of her stubborn(but great) ass.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast