Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > What to do with my 09 STi ?

Author
Thread
zieg
FKA ZiG-87

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by craigcd

Have been fence sitting on a Subaru for years. Love the cars but the (potential) issues seem to outweigh the benefit to some extent.

If you don't own a track car there's not much benefit to owning a subaru I think. My STi was fun as hell to hoon, but a terrible dd. Now the dd is a truck that can tow a toy to the track...

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2017 01:14 AM
zieg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zieg Click here to Send zieg a Private Message Find more posts by zieg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

djmr2
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Subaru Calgary is always a bad experience - not surprising to hear they are unresponsive and boning you on the quote. I'll never forget when they didn't let me test drive an Sti there "because it had a turbo charger" but they let me drive a WRX

HAHA they wouldn't let me test drive a BRZ alone because it was high performance vehicle!

Old Post 03-14-2017 01:34 AM
djmr2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for djmr2 Click here to Send djmr2 a Private Message Find more posts by djmr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.89
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by zieg

If you don't own a track car there's not much benefit to owning a subaru I think. My STi was fun as hell to hoon, but a terrible dd. Now the dd is a truck that can tow a toy to the track...

What would you buy in place of a Subaru then? Same size, with same features, only a DD and no track

Old Post 03-14-2017 02:23 AM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eb0i
First Gear

What I drive: 2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi (dead)
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

After another week of discussions and waiting for a quote, I received a quote that was 65% less than what my service advisor was quoting verbally at $10k at Calgary Subaru. So I'm going to get it fixed.

Pray for my subie

Old Post 03-15-2017 04:04 PM
eb0i is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eb0i Click here to Send eb0i a Private Message Find more posts by eb0i Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by eb0i
After another week of discussions and waiting for a quote, I received a quote that was 65% less than what my service advisor was quoting verbally at $10k at Calgary Subaru. So I'm going to get it fixed.

Pray for my subie

Glad to hear it! More Subis on the road.

Also I still want to hear zieg car suggestion for a sporty AWD.

Old Post 03-15-2017 04:21 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:17 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > What to do with my 09 STi ?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: