Quantcast
What to do with website? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What to do with website?

Default What to do with website?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:53 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Default Re: What to do with website?

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    So what do I do with this now? Do I try to sell the site to somebody with the drive and resources to carry it out, or do I try something to narrow down the scope to something I can handle?

If you guys have any ideas, I wouldn't mind to hear them.
    You're not really checking any boxes for me here...
    As a business, where is the value? Sure you're providing a service but how does it generate revenue?

http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/blog/5-...business-pitch

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Doesn't Canadian Tire have a tablet in the auto section so you can search pretty much everything you need from light bulbs to oil?

And if not, can't you just look in your owner's manual or just google? It's pretty easy.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Unfortunately, you are behind the times old man

CT has updated to tablets in most of their stores, and their page books are deadly accurate.

All basic vehicle specs are readily available on the interwebs. Make/Model/Year + thing you are looking for into google = a hit 99% of the time with the right info.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I believe you are willing to talk to human beings at CT, they have everything in their system because they are running a auto repair shop too.

Default Re: Re: What to do with website?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

The Backstory

A few years ago, I was in CT looking for stuff to do an oil change with... and it was then I realized I have no idea how much oil I need, and not only that, the filter book they had was missing the page I needed for my car. So smartphone to the rescue.... 45 minutes later of reading forums and I was still not sure.

Anyway, it was then I go the idea that if there was a website specs page that just had some simple servicing and performance information written in plain HTML language so it would quickly load on shitty phones, it would be a pretty sweet resource.

Flash Forward to the Launch

Working part time, sometimes only a few days a week, I had all the time in the world to pursue this little idea. And I did... sinking ridiculous hours into research, and taking photos of every new car exterior and interior as I went.

So this is what I came up with: www.MyCarSpecs.com and despite the huge time investment, you will notice is I only got a few Acura's done, a handful of concept cars, and the cross-reference database for wheel bolt patterns.

Now, truthfully I was a bit naive and thought I would have some help... I have a friend who is basically Mr. Website with all kinds of schooling in programming and design who encouraged me to pursue this, however... er... yeah... no. So I've basically been bumbling through this the entire time on my own handwriting page code from scratch.

The Status Today

Once I was back to working, I just haven't had time to continue with it, and what I have come to realize is I've bitten off way more than I can chew.

So what do I do with this now? Do I try to sell the site to somebody with the drive and resources to carry it out, or do I try something to narrow down the scope to something I can handle?

If you're interested in selling, let's talk. I'm actively seeking 3-5 websites right now to acquire and run.

Also, you may want to read this: http://cameronmartel.com/introductio...ent-websites/.

Cheers

My Ride
    Lease

The Backstory

A few years ago, I was in CT looking for stuff to do an oil change with... and it was then I realized I have no idea how much oil I need, and not only that, the filter book they had was missing the page I needed for my car. So smartphone to the rescue.... 45 minutes later of reading forums and I was still not sure.

Anyway, it was then I go the idea that if there was a website specs page that just had some simple servicing and performance information written in plain HTML language so it would quickly load on shitty phones, it would be a pretty sweet resource.

Flash Forward to the Launch

Working part time, sometimes only a few days a week, I had all the time in the world to pursue this little idea. And I did... sinking ridiculous hours into research, and taking photos of every new car exterior and interior as I went.

So this is what I came up with: www.MyCarSpecs.com and despite the huge time investment, you will notice is I only got a few Acura's done, a handful of concept cars, and the cross-reference database for wheel bolt patterns.

Now, truthfully I was a bit naive and thought I would have some help... I have a friend who is basically Mr. Website with all kinds of schooling in programming and design who encouraged me to pursue this, however... er... yeah... no. So I've basically been bumbling through this the entire time on my own handwriting page code from scratch.

The Status Today

Once I was back to working, I just haven't had time to continue with it, and what I have come to realize is I've bitten off way more than I can chew.

Can you set it up so whenever someone searches for their car parts, your website will provide costs and closest location to the buyer? (i.e. oil filter, then it'll suggest and provide prices to CT, Auto Value, Parts Source, Napa, and their corresponding bar code)

Default Re: Re: What to do with website?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Xtrema
    I believe you are willing to talk to human beings at CT, they have everything in their system because they are running a auto repair shop too.
    Not sure about your CT, but good luck talking to a human at the Southland location.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I wouldn't mind chatting with you about it

BTW: I tried to PM you, but I got this
    Are you referencing me? If so, e-mail me: cam AT simplifiedseo.com.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Not sure about your CT, but good luck talking to a human at the Southland location.
    Beacon Hill is fine. I also had great experience at McKenzie Town.