Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Where can I get an old and cheap projector?

Author
Thread
Mar
Second Gear

What I drive: 2015 Hyundai Veloster
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 88%

Where can I get an old and cheap projector? quote:

I've tried pawn shops and thrift stores but is sort of a specialty item, I'm looking for one to play old NES games so I don't care how good it is as long as it works. All the places I go to only seem to care about stocking newer projectors that people can actually use for movies and stuff. It'd be nice to have one with HDMI input but my main focus right now is playing old video games that were pretty low resolution anyway.

I haven't had a lot of luck lately, so far I got 3:
- one I got from Kijiji for $60, it works but there's a large blue tint to 1/4 of the screen
- one my girlfriend brought home from work, it doesn't turn on
- a second my girlfriend brought home from work, it's black and white for some reason. Something about the colour wheel exploding?

Maybe someone knows of an office blowing these out or something.

Originally posted by Go4Long
or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
you do realize this is the internet right? lol

Originally posted by rob the knob
mar, you are good guy at heart
you must realize your limitations
then you will be happy if you fine place in live

Originally posted by blitz
Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-27-2017 05:47 AM
Mar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mar Click here to Send Mar a Private Message Find more posts by Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I've been looking to upgrade mine.

Epson S4. Got a couple hundred hours on the bulb at low brightness.
$180?

Old Post 04-27-2017 04:08 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Keep in mind anything you buy with a traditional bulb will eventually require a new bulb which will cost a lot more than the projector. Bulbs also require a certain amount of care or you will dramatically reduce their lifespan, which pretty well guarantees anything used you buy will have to be replaced soon.

I'd buy something like this long before buying other people's junk off Kijiji - HDMI, and it has an LED light source so you don't need to worry about bulbs:

https://www.amazon.ca/Mpow-Projecto...words=projector

It's also tiny so you can bring it around wherever you want.

Last edited by Mitsu3000gt on 04-27-2017 at 08:45 PM

Old Post 04-27-2017 08:42 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Buying a projector is not simply point and click setup. You need to look at MANY things before choosing the right model - like - throw distance, ambient light, projection surface, lumens, keystone angles, etc. You would do well to pick a projector from projectorcentral.com and go from there - instead of the other way around.

5 years ago I bought a used EPSON 1080p projector, with a bulb that was dying (as stated by seller). I bought an lamp for something like 70$ (*which came with a housing, but turned out that housing is not necessary). We use it at least once a week for 3-4 hours. Has been flawless since, spent hours finding one on kijiji and matching it to our needs on projector central.

Old Post 04-27-2017 09:45 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

^^ I don't think he cares about any of the standard projector buying advice, especially with a budget between free and $60, and the only requirement being that "it works" haha. He's probably also just projecting onto his wall unless he somehow has a screen.

Old Post 04-27-2017 09:53 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eblend
Second Gear

What I drive: 03 Cadillac CTS
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (101)

quote:

Got one, yours free. It's an HP one, VGA inputs.

Has other inputs too, I am sure RCA as well, will have to go look.

Last edited by eblend on 04-28-2017 at 03:29 PM

Old Post 04-28-2017 02:38 AM
eblend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eblend Click here to Send eblend a Private Message Find more posts by eblend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.14
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Now there's a deal. Was going to offer mine up for one bill, but that is far better.

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 04-28-2017 04:41 AM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mar
Second Gear

What I drive: 2015 Hyundai Veloster
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 88%

quote:

Originally posted by eblend
Got one, yours free. It's an HP one, VGA inputs.

Has other inputs too, I am sure RCA as well, will have to go look.

Cool, how many lumens? Thanks for the offer, let me know where you're located.

Originally posted by Go4Long
or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
you do realize this is the internet right? lol

Originally posted by rob the knob
mar, you are good guy at heart
you must realize your limitations
then you will be happy if you fine place in live

Originally posted by blitz
Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Old Post 05-09-2017 05:02 AM
Mar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mar Click here to Send Mar a Private Message Find more posts by Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eblend
Second Gear

What I drive: 03 Cadillac CTS
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (101)

quote:

Originally posted by Mar

Cool, how many lumens? Thanks for the offer, let me know where you're located.

Will give you info in a bit. Just got back from vacation, in catchup mode.

Old Post 05-14-2017 07:36 PM
eblend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eblend Click here to Send eblend a Private Message Find more posts by eblend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:05 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Where can I get an old and cheap projector?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: