Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Why Don't Wagons Sell?

Author
Thread
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
I'm a wagon lover now. Love the utility they provide while still being able to offer sports car characteristics in certain cases. I don't like SUVs because they can't do that.

I remember when I was in Switzerland, every second car was a wagon and every fifth car was a Porsche. People there love their wagons and Porsches!

We will probably never see the selection of wagons offered in Europe or even Asia. People here love their trucks and SUVs too much.

I think they are a bit tougher sell here because they are a bit of a compromise of both worlds in Canada. They don't have the utility of a truck and they don't have the fuel economy/small size benefit of a sedan.

Canada is also a relatively small market and 17% of that small market lives in rural areas so they're probably more likely to buy a truck than a wagon.

I own two wagons but will be getting rid of one for a truck as the wagons just can't go places a truck can go. Subarus are pretty good for ground clearance but I'm guessing this conversation isn't about Subaru like wagons. Also a wagon won't tow much.

I guess if you're a city person that doesn't really spend much time in the outdoors a wagon is fine and will get you anywhere you want to go.

Last edited by J-hop on 04-21-2017 at 06:06 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2017 05:58 PM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

I definitely miss my wagon.

RIP TURBO BRICK

Old Post 04-21-2017 07:00 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cam_wmh
First Gear

What I drive: VW R32 Turbo
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Originally posted by Sorath
too bad we didnt get an rs6 avant here. i`d totally buy one

The C7 RS6, might be the best all around vehicle ever.

Originally posted by sputnik
Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Old Post 04-22-2017 05:04 PM
cam_wmh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cam_wmh Click here to Send cam_wmh a Private Message Find more posts by cam_wmh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sentry
Third Gear

What I drive: E39 540it, E39 M5, EM1
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (20)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I fucking love my wagon. Takes a shit-kicking and keeps on ticking.

Old Post 04-22-2017 06:18 PM
Sentry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sentry Click here to Send Sentry a Private Message Find more posts by Sentry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocket1k78
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

https://youtu.be/SGJNAnvJkpw

Old Post 04-24-2017 10:08 PM
Rocket1k78 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocket1k78 Click here to Send Rocket1k78 a Private Message Find more posts by Rocket1k78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 12:44 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Why Don't Wagons Sell?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: