Quantcast
Window blinds/coverings - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Window blinds/coverings

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Question Window blinds/coverings

Purchased a new home and I require window blinds. Any reputable companies around Calgary that others have experienced?

My Ride
    '21 BMW X5 X40i mSport

Have used GiCor before, they were a reasonable price with good service/installation.
    http://gicor.ca/

My Ride
    95B

What type of blinds are you looking for?
    Are you looking for brand name? or Cost effetive options?

My Ride
    Skateboard

I used Cornel at Best for Less Blinds 4038094848

Husband and wife team. Did 30 windows in 2 hours for a great price.

I did all roller shades with half of them with a black out roller.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I used Cornel as well, good guy, very happy with product and service.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Cornel was great for us as well. Very reasonable prices to do the whole house.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

I used blinds.ca

You are allowed to order like 10 free samples of the blinds, which they promptly send to you. I found this really helpful to see the color in your hand.

I don't have a ton of windows in my house, but most of my windows are quite large.

I order 9 Honeycomb style blackout shades with the the top down function. Top down function is amazing... you can have the top part of window open with lots of light coming into the house and still maintain your privacy.

Overall the blinds cost me $2731, shipping included. For comparison, when i was building my house, the builder quoted me roughly 6k... for hunter douglas blinds.

I installed the blinds myself and measured out the windows and everything myself. They have tutorial videos on how to measure and install them yourself.

I had one blind fail, they promptly couriered another blind to me. I've been in the house for two years and no other blind has failed.

If you make a mistake and measure wrong, they have a policy to replace up to 6 sets of blinds.

Overall i had a great experience with them. Customer service was great as well. Price can't be beat.

If u use Cornel be ready to wait 2-3 times as long as his estimated delivery time. Happened to me and 3 ppl I referred him to. Other than that he's good

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Mars blinds. The shop looks sketch, but their prices are the cheapest I'd seen and it's all the quality brands everyone else is buying.

Blinds aren't cheap in general, save yourself some cash by giving them your dimensions and getting a quote.

Used Mars Blinds last November in our new home. Cheapest blinds I found in the city if you go with the Elite brand.

Had a bad experience with their techs and terrible customer service. First, they forgot about my original install date, so had to re-schedule. On the day of install, tech did not have white tape to splice two white wires for motorized blinds, so I gave him black electrical tape to use temporarily, and I instructed tech to leave the wire dangling for the time being so I can replace the black tape and swing wire over from left side to right side of the window so it's less visible. Tech finishes and ran the wire on the left side of the window using screws to secure agaisnt the window frame/drywall - without asking. WTF.

I called their office to complain, owner was defensive and said to call back after the Xmas break to make an appointment for them to come in and fix the issue.

I would not recommend Mars Blinds.

I am doing mine myself thru selectblinds.ca. They are quite cheap for 2"pvc louvre style. Got enough to outfit a handful of windows for $950 delivered. They always have some kind of random promotion going on. I also took my $3k 'ish' credit from my builder and going the dyi route. I will still have to get a set of big and heavy drapes for our french doors off our dining area. I am unsure what those will run me tho.

anybody else use mars blinds? i've got an appointment with them at their showroom tonight, and i'd like to hear more people's opinions, please.

thanks!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 01:28 AM.

from your guys' experience, how much more expensive is it to install the blinds yourself versus having it installed by somebody else?

we'll be moving into a brand new house, and i'm not exactly the best handy man..lol.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 01:28 AM.

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Hey guys,

I just had Cornel from Best For Blinds install blinds for my whole house. He was friendly and very helpful. His prices was very reasonable. It took about 1 week from the time he came to show us samples and do the measurements to figuring all the billing stuff out. It took 3 weeks from the time the deposit was made to the install. I had to chase him a little bit too to get information from when it was going to be installed. But he came this past Monday and installed everything very nicely and quickly. I would totally recommend Cornel unless you need blinds ASAP.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

just a quick update:

i contacted cornel a few weeks ago because of this thread. i asked for a quote, and 4 days later, i finally got one. i went to mars blinds and got a quote in 10 minutes; it was also much cheaper.

i was told by mars blinds that my blinds would not be installed until 2 weeks after i move into our new house (we moved in the middle of may). 2 weeks after moving in, the blinds were installed. the installer was professional, efficient and right on schedule.

overall, i would recommend mars blinds. i would've liked to support a husband and wife team, but if it took 4 days to give me a quote, i would be worried how long it would've taken them to install thr blinds.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Looking for recommendation for a blackout style blind that is also somewhat heat-reflective for a south-facing window. Don't mind installing myself also.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

B&B Blinds
    Address: 3851 Manchester Rd SE, Calgary, AB T2G 3Z8
    Phone403) 243-0815

Did the whole house. Blackouts for the bedrooms. Inexpensive IMO. She'll come to your house and give you options etc and measure it out at the same time. Install was included.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Black outs dont havee to be super expensive. After a year with ours, still super happy. We got the honeycome hunter douglas, i believe, with no cords from Mars.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast