Quantcast
JAYMEZ' Importing from the States thread. - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: JAYMEZ' Importing from the States thread.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Alright I'm looking at bringing a car up from the states, but in some spot of weirdness it once had a salvage title but now has a totally clear title. not rebuilt, just a clear normal no problems at all title.

of course carfax may prove the owner wrong, but if I want to bring this car up here with a salvage title that hasn't applied for about five years will I have any problems?

Some states claim salvage title if it was stolen. Does the previous owner know why it was salvaged?
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
    Some states claim salvage title if it was stolen. Does the previous owner know why it was salvaged?
    nope he says it was never registered as a clear title before it was declared salvaged, it was a salvage title in Texas and then it was a clear title in Kentucky

he doesn't know why it was a salvaged title, either

JAYMEZ, empty your inbox. I can't respond to your PM. I found a website for you that may sort out the sales tax issue. I'll post it here, and Ican also send you my response PM later if you want:

http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/faqtrans.htm#l

My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS

For those of you that are importing a LEgacy/Outback... I have a canadian gauge cluster for sale with 5000km on it. It's plug and play. Retails for $830can. I'm asking $200 can. I bought it for my Legacy GT but the cluster is different. I can send it back to the place I got it from, but I'm sure someone will want to put the km/h gauge cluster in their US car.

If you want the mileage reset to ZERO, you can send it to (or deliver it to) Tacoma Speedometer (outside of Seattle) and they will reset it, or set it to the vehicle actual mileage for $65. I asked a dealershp in Calgary if they would have a problem with warranty and I was told as long as you get an official letter from the place you have the mileage set, saying it is the actual mileage, they will honour that.

I'm in Calgary, but I can ship this to anywhere for actual shipping charge.

I plugged the gauge cluster in and it works fine.

Originally posted by xrayvsn
    JAYMEZ, empty your inbox. I can't respond to your PM. I found a website for you that may sort out the sales tax issue. I'll post it here, and Ican also send you my response PM later if you want:

http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/faqtrans.htm#l

lol thanks , damn people spamming me all the time ahah . EMPTY (for now)
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Acura 3.0 CL

let me just confirm one thing.. so Honda/Acura won't honour the warranty if we buy the car in the States and import it to Canada?

Btw if anyone has tried importing a Mini Cooper S I'd like to know if they succeeded.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Are there companies who will import a car from the US for you? Or are you all on your own out there...there are some pretty good deals in the states.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by dino_martini
    Are there companies who will import a car from the US for you? Or are you all on your own out there...there are some pretty good deals in the states.
    Yes, both searail and hansons will do all of the legwork for you if you dont have the time to import the car yourself.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Yes, both searail and hansons will do all of the legwork for you if you dont have the time to import the car yourself.
    Awsome.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Weapon_R

how does this work exactly?

you buy the car and then what? they go pick it up and do their thing?

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by xrayvsn
    I imported a new fresh off the lot 2006 Subaru Impreza STi in Seattle Washington.
    Xray, sorry I'm too impatient to read your entire post in your thread. Which dealer did you deal with in Washington?

Thanks.

Carter, through Joe Spitz.

I know someone on NASIOC had a good experience at Chaplin's as well.

My Ride
    330hp

DO they tax you on the KBB price or price you bought it for?

For example, what if the car is worth 30K but you got a deal for 20K which amount would you be taxed for?
    Updating...

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by IhateDomestic
    DO they tax you on the KBB price or price you bought it for?

For example, what if the car is worth 30K but you got a deal for 20K which amount would you be taxed for?
    The charge you on the price you got it for, but be aware if you do lie on the bill of sale, and they catch you, you will have a huge penelty to pay....

When i was at customs they looked my car up in the KBB to see if it was anywhere near the price...

I think they have a store in the states carmax? i think that will buy the cars for blue book value, so 10g under kbb would look a little suspsious...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    330hp

Ya but if you got a good bargain AND if the vehicle was salvage... theres a big price drop from the KBB suggested retail price so that's what concerned me

And if you hire SERAIL to do the importing, how does the process work as in legal documents? RIV paper work and fee's and all that taxing and pricing misery?
    Last edited by IhateDomestic; 09-12-2006 at 06:44 PM.
    Updating...

My Ride
    Toyota Previa

I'm considering buying a 2002 Lexus IS300 from a lot in California, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

If I understand correctly, the $5-6k I'm saving on the price of the car will all just be paid in taxes at the border? Importing doesn't seem so attractive anymore. The hassle alone was enough to make me think twice.

The car is located at a dealership though. I thought I would skip alot of the BS that way, but it looks like that "xrayvsn" fellow got raped on fees at the border. All of the forms, waiting, and travel (California is the biggest shit-hole on earth) are going to keep me from heading South I think.

Even if I can't find a Lexus in my color/trim in Canada, I'd rather just choose another car than spend 5 minutes in LA! If I've done my math properly, I'll end up spending around $2k more in the long run?? So you have to find a REALLY good deal to warrant the trip?

That other guy who brought in his MR2 certainly didn't save any money, time or grief.

My Ride
    335i

The 5-6k you save (depending on the vehicle) is after everything has been said and done.

As for tax issues, try importing it and then clearing it here. The office here just processes it no questions asked - no KBB, no interogations, nothing. But to do that, you must ship it and get it to a bonded warehouse in Calgary (searail or hansen)
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Toyota Previa

Thanks for the response!

What I meant was: The car, as I want it, is about $22-23k up here. Down South, the exact same car is going for about $16-17k. So what you're saying is that if I can get it to a "bonded warehouse" before clearing it, I'll avoid the inspection and taxes? Or the Canadian gov't will do the inspection/taxes, just really slacked and in my favor?

Because if taxes and un-necessary repairs (just to conform to Canadian law) are going to cost me about $5k, then it really defeats the purpose...

My Ride
    S4

Default JAYMEZ' Importing from the States thread.

Thanks for your help. i just brought my 2005 Audi S4 across at Blaine/ the Truck Crossing (with the Kiosk). great instructions for getting there by the way. i bought the car from University Audi in seattle. this made terrific sense for 2 reasons. 1) i got the Audi certified warranty (160,000km) and 2) I had my sales rep from the dealership handle the paperwork to get me to the border. He also picked me up from the airport @ 7:30 and had me on my way only a couple hrs later. between the dealership's help and your instructions, the border was really a non event.
    After i got home I had Glenmore Audi handle the daytime running light install and my out of province inspection.

The only problem i did have was, the customs woman at the border assured me after I paid my taxes she would immediately fax my FORM 1 to RIV. last Friday ( a week after i x-ed) after Glenmore hustled to look after everything but my out of country inspection i called RIV to have my FORM 2 faxed, and they had never heard of me or my car or my FORM 1!!
    I then faxed it myself and it's about a 72 hr delay. therefore I won't be registering the car until Monday if all goes according to plan. i would make sure as soon as you get across the border/home you verify you are in the system.
    Last edited by Milli_Vanilli; 09-24-2006 at 11:04 PM.

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast