Quantcast
Wedding Ceremony location? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Wedding Ceremony location?

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Wedding Ceremony location?

Hey everyone!

Well as some of you know, Rolland (Dirty_SOHC) and I are getting married next year and I am looking for some help from the already married/people who know the city well on the board. We had a venue all booked a few months ago for both our ceremony and reception. Then the coordinator there turned into a bit of a meanie head with a pretty evil VM after I emailed a few venue questions to him and sent me an invoice of what our final bill would look like with a TON of hidden costs that we didn't know would be there. Sooo...we said buh-bye and scrapped the venue and started over.

Here's the problem! We have found a reception venue and caterer, so life is good there, but for the life of me, I can't find a spot to get married! Okay, scratch that, I can find tons, but we are NOT religious so a church is a big no, and the rest of them either charge $700 for a venue rental (which for an hour long ceremony I cant justify, call me cheap!) or won't hold 100 people comfortably. And those that would, require us to have our reception there with their caterers at $40 a plate! (I know, I know, I'm cheap x2!) So it was suggested to me that I post on here and ask if you guys had any ideas.

We have our wedding on April 28 next year, so weather is very unpredictable, April 28 this year was WONDERFUL, but it rained or snowed every day after that for a week! So an outdoor situation might be too risky. I suggested a community hall as a last resort and no one liked that idea, they said it wasnt special enough or something (haha I'm not the picky one here, everyone else is!)

I know we have time before the wedding, but I definately want all of the planning done right away, certainly the big stuff anyways! Please please help! Thank you so much!

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Try COP at the 90 meter tower a friend of mine got married there a month ago.
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    08 JK, 09 Thruxton 900

An old friend of mine got married in the Devonian Gardens. Quite pretty, but lots of gawkers.

EDIT: whoa, just checked the price. It's $700 just for a ceremony. What a rip.
    Last edited by Fivewayradio; 05-08-2006 at 02:30 PM.

A couple people I know got married at Sheep River Falls. Kinda out of the way though...
    Longer limo ride though

My wife and I had our wedding at Valley Ridge Golf Course and got married on their patio.

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Originally posted by sputnik
    My wife and I had our wedding at Valley Ridge Golf Course and got married on their patio.
    yeah same with a firend of mine, golf courses are nice

if you don't mind me asking how much was it sputnik?
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

All in it came to about $9500 with 125 guests. Which included...

- Outside Ceremony
    - Hall Rental
    - Meal (Filet Mignon/Shrimp, Soup, Salad, Dessert)
    - Unlimited Wine

We ended up having a cash bar. Most of our families arent heavy drinkers and Valley Ridge wanted us to prepay for about 600 drinks ($3000 up front). I thought it was pretty retarded to assume (since at least one person from every couple was driving home) and we would also have no idea how many drinks actually werent consumed.

At the end of the day people dont mind shelling out $5 for a drink at the bar. In the past the only people who complain about cash bars are the cheap bastards that would drink themselves stupid anyways.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

You can check out the Wedding Pavilion which is across from Valley Ridge heading towards Banff.

Really nice place. The bridge gets to walk down a grand staircase, which looks really cool.

The Wedding Pavilion

The only why me and the wife didn't do it there was because it isn't big enough for the amount of people we invited.

If you need help with any other services, DJ, photographer, etc....send me a PM!

I got married on the SS Moyie at Heritage Park.

Its weather dependant but our day was a beautiful one.

Sunny and about 32 Deg on a calm July Saturday.

Kinda pricy though. About 800 bones I think.

The captain will cruise to the calmest part of the reservoir that he can get to and shut everything off.

No engine noise only the wedding itself.

You have to provide your own preacher/ JP though.

Good luck with the planning.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Chinook mall parking lot?

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by CaptainReboot
    You can check out the Wedding Pavilion which is across from Valley Ridge heading towards Banff.

Really nice place. The bridge gets to walk down a grand staircase, which looks really cool.

The Wedding Pavilion

The only why me and the wife didn't do it there was because it isn't big enough for the amount of people we invited.

If you need help with any other services, DJ, photographer, etc....send me a PM!
    i would recommend it as well...very very nice inside and out they also have a nice "garden" in the back to take pictures....but the only thing is limited seating

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by szw

Now thats being a TRUE Beyonder
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by szw
    Can she book that for the after-party?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 11:52 PM.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

try one of the Cultural Centres, The Croatian one by 32nd ave and 12 street is pretty nice, community halls, ive seen alot of ppl throw weddings @ the Coast plaza hotel, im not to osure about prices though

Devonian gardens? Or how about.....Race City! And after the words "you are now husband and wife" you go for a victory lap in a nice drop top carrying a checkered flag!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

haha, nah, they should race each other down the quarter to see who wears the pants... haha

My Ride
    2002 Acura 1.7EL

My wife and I got married at the Wedding Pavillion so I would highly recommend it. Its a bit on the pricey side (bit over a grand) but they take care of everything for you.

Another place you might want to try is the Calgary Canoe Club in North Glenmore Park. There are always wedddings going on there either inside the hall or on the patio area overlooking the reservoir.

Good luck with the planning!

My Ride
    W204

You're on the wrong board. Try Wedding Bells forums. My wife still goes there AFTER we got married...

BTW we got hitched at Rafter Six Ranch. Beee-yuuu-tiful!

If you need a photographer, I highly recommend my buddy: Night and Day Photo.

Oh, and one more: the Al Azhar temple in Bowness.
    Last edited by clem24; 05-09-2006 at 02:48 PM.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by clem24
    You're on the wrong board. Try Wedding Bells forums. My wife still goes there AFTER we got married...

If you need a photographer, I highly recommend my buddy: Night and Day Photo.
    Haha I'm actually a member on there as well, though not a super active poster.

I'm a wedding photog too so I'm having some troubles finding a really good one for our wedding but I will check out your buddy.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We're checking up on a few of them, front runner so far are 2 different golf courses in Calgary that will accomodate us pretty nicely. We'll see how it works out, but thanks so much, keep making suggestions if you have any!

Haha and when we first got engaged a chinook parking lot wedding was suggested by someone on here. I some how think that if the S.O. and our families thought a community centre wasn't good enough that a parking lot probably would bring tears to their eyes! LOL! Sorry guys!