Quantcast
Anyone else have eny experiences with nitto? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone else have eny experiences with nitto?

My Ride
    11 sec weather van

Default Anyone else have eny experiences with nitto?

Im just about to try a set of nitto 555 extremes on my shitbox. Anyone else here tried them? Like/dislike?
    Ford tuning guy...

I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world.
    Georges Duhamel

joke of the day:
    Originally posted by Danger_Mouse
    There is a replacement for displacement. It's called technology.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Cracking sidewalls, the weather here doesnt seem the treat the tires too well

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

I have 450s and they're ok... grip is not quite as strong as I'd like but they look great and the wear is good. These are summer tires obviously, and a bit different than the 555's.

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Default Re: Anyone else have eny experiences with nitto?

Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN
    Im just about to try a set of nitto 555 extremes on my shitbox. Anyone else here tried them? Like/dislike?
    I have 555 Extremes, it's what I call a cold tire. Perfect for RWD power applications like ours as it sacrifices stickyness for a high heat rating. Also when the ass end busts out I feel I still have good control and regain easily. In the rain they are really good too. Plus on road course after heating up a bit I had no problems.

Here's a pic, I cant remeber if it's the rears or fronts so they are either 245s or 265's.

My Ride
    11 sec weather van

Default Re: Re: Anyone else have eny experiences with nitto?

Originally posted by shadowz
    Cracking sidewalls, the weather here doesnt seem the treat the tires too well
    Hmmmmm.... havent heard that yet.. Its a spring to fall car..

Originally posted by Hollywood

I have 555 Extremes, it's what I call a cold tire. Perfect for RWD power applications like ours as it sacrifices stickyness for a high heat rating. Also when the ass end busts out I feel I still have good control and regain easily. In the rain they are really good too. Plus on road course after heating up a bit I had no problems.

Here's a pic, I cant remeber if it's the rears or fronts so they are either 245s or 265's.

You got 245/265's on your car there hollywood? Have you tried many other tires on your cars to compare the "stickyness" . Ive been using firestone sz50's for the past 4 seasons (2 sets) and ive been very happy with those. Traction and wear are what im concerned with.
    I decided on these after reading many reviews from the mustang guys. I was gonna go with the drag radials, but they dont like the rain, and they dont wear too well on a daily driven car with a heavy footed driver Guess we'll see how my 275/40/17's hold up....
    Thanks for the replies guys!
    Ford tuning guy...

I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world.
    Georges Duhamel

joke of the day:

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone else have eny experiences with nitto?

Hmmmmm.... havent heard that yet.. Its a spring to fall car..

You got 245/265's on your car there hollywood? Have you tried many other tires on your cars to compare the "stickyness" . Ive been using firestone sz50's for the past 4 seasons (2 sets) and ive been very happy with those. Traction and wear are what im concerned with.
    I decided on these after reading many reviews from the mustang guys. I was gonna go with the drag radials, but they dont like the rain, and they dont wear too well on a daily driven car with a heavy footed driver Guess we'll see how my 275/40/17's hold up....
    Thanks for the replies guys!
    Nice choice, you should be happy. Ya I have 245/40/18 front, 265/35/18 rears. On this car only the Nitto's and TA's, nitto's are way better, W rated ZR. (for the learnes out there "W rated" is tested speed rating 168MPH, and the Z stands for 149mph+ speed rating).. The drag radial version is ok for the rain but once you hit a certain tread limit they no longer are rain friendly.

My Ride
    11 sec weather van

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone else have eny experiences with nitto?

Originally posted by Hollywood

Nice choice, you should be happy. Ya I have 245/40/18 front, 265/35/18 rears. On this car only the Nitto's and TA's, nitto's are way better, W rated ZR. (for the learnes out there "W rated" is tested speed rating 168MPH, and the Z stands for 149mph+ speed rating).. The drag radial version is ok for the rain but once you hit a certain tread limit they no longer are rain friendly.
    Those tires fit on your 240 I didn't think they'd come close to fitting. Is that the widest you can fit, or can you go even wider?
    I still have the sz50 255/40/17's on the front. For some reason, they didn't wear as quick as the rears
    Ford tuning guy...

Georges Duhamel

joke of the day:

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone else have eny experiences with nitto?

Those tires fit on your 240 I didn't think they'd come close to fitting. Is that the widest you can fit, or can you go even wider?
    I still have the sz50 255/40/17's on the front. For some reason, they didn't wear as quick as the rears
    Oh ya they fit with ease. You can fit 18x11's max in the rear and 18x10's max in the front. Only thing is that 240 people don't go too wide then there is too much understeer for the track and low speed street turns.

But here is a pick showing the fenders and tires. Could go a little bigger if I wanted.