Quantcast
Racing accident on 68th: uninvolved injured, 2nd racer caught! *updated* - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing accident on 68th: uninvolved injured, 2nd racer caught! *updated*

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Sorry to hear about your son, but I'm glad both drivers will pay the price of what they have done.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by civicluva
    Let's get to the more important facts. Who won the race?

jk jk

hope your son is up an going again really soon!
    That was a rather tasteless comment given the events that have transpired, don't you think?

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

^^

My Ride
    1997 Eagle Talon TSI, 2001 Honda Civic Si-G

Beyond cares, we may not know you but we hope the best for you and your family. Hope all turns out well and hope to see you at school in 8 days! (Im assuming you attend UofC lol).

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Great to hear you have a positive attitude, that will make the biggest difference from here on out.

Best of luck.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

glad to hear your recovery is doing well. best of luck to ya you lucky sob

My Ride
    CALGARY TRANSIT SUPERBUS

Now im sure no one actually claims to be a street racer or whatever
    but Im sorry, these "races" happen everyday,
    even on crowchild I see people gunning down there at 160+
    this could of happened to any of us, I was just on the highway towards banff today and almost saw a biker(like cycle) get hit ,
    the danger is anywhere, driving anything, going any speed
    we can all get hurt or killed in anyway when on the road
    and as far as the comments on the guys driving the BMW's,
    there all fair comments, but we have to take this chance to look at ourselfs before calling them "assholes, SOB" etc, because although none of you would admit it, half of us on beyond who say all the shit about street racers, have the car that is able, to do 180-220 easily, and are the same people who I mentioned racing up and down streets, just because they can, and obvoiusly, Ill admit im one of those people, and none of us, including me, never have the intention of doing something like this, obvoiusly some people are different, and have a different mindset and drive with no descretion, and just dont give a fuck, and nightly I see these people, who ride my ass, or rev next to me looking to race or just be stupid, soooo, my point of all this, is it is our reponsibilty as tuners, "street racers" importers, whatever you wana call it, to seroiusly look at and consider the things we do on the road.
    Thanks

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Re: Thank you everyone.

Originally posted by savedByAVolvo
    Hello everyone, recently I was saved by a 1984 Volvo GLE...
    Yes, I’m the guy who was in the Volvo which this thread is all about.

I was driving home one calm afternoon, and in the blink of an eye, my life changed more than I ever could have imagined.
    Everyone in my life has been amazing, my family will never know how much I appreciate them and I am lucky to have such amazing friends.

I would like to also take this time to thank everybody on this forum, I signed up just to see for myself what everyone was saying...It's pretty amazing how much people actually care about someone they've never met before and for all your support I thank you.

I have been getting used to not being able to eat solid food or walk, and can't wait until I can, I’m just thankful I can anticipate that day because I know that even the smallest factor could have changed the outcome of my accident.

My recovery is coming along as good as anyone could expect, and I'm hoping to get off to a good start at school in 8 days.

Thanks again for everyone's support for my family and I, it has truely made a difference.

Sincerely,
    savedByAVolvo
    I'm very glad to hear you're alright. Like Graham said, your positive attitude is really going to help you on your recovery. Not just you, but your family members as well. Do pop in once in a while and give us an update on your progress.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Default Re: Thank you everyone.

Originally posted by savedByAVolvo
    Hello everyone, recently I was saved by a 1984 Volvo GLE...
    Yes, I’m the guy who was in the Volvo which this thread is all about.

I was driving home one calm afternoon, and in the blink of an eye, my life changed more than I ever could have imagined.
    Everyone in my life has been amazing, my family will never know how much I appreciate them and I am lucky to have such amazing friends.

I would like to also take this time to thank everybody on this forum, I signed up just to see for myself what everyone was saying...It's pretty amazing how much people actually care about someone they've never met before and for all your support I thank you.

I have been getting used to not being able to eat solid food or walk, and can't wait until I can, I’m just thankful I can anticipate that day because I know that even the smallest factor could have changed the outcome of my accident.

My recovery is coming along as good as anyone could expect, and I'm hoping to get off to a good start at school in 8 days.

Thanks again for everyone's support for my family and I, it has truely made a difference.

Sincerely,
    savedByAVolvo
    Glad to hear you're ok and that you can type as well.

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Glad to hear you are getting better and God Bless
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    CALGARY TRANSIT SUPERBUS

that is exactly what Im trying to say
    just more polished
    wish you the best friend

My Ride

Good to hear you doing better GL on the recovery

My Ride
    Lamborgotti Fasterossa XT 550

Wow just spotted this thread. Good luck on the recovery. I guess a good job should also go to the witness's who got the plate. Good luck

My Ride
    Volvo 242

Good luck on your recovery, i'm glad to see the cars that I work on do their job when needed.

When the time comes and you are ready to get behind the wheel again. If you need help finding another volvo let me know.

Andy B
    1983 Volvo 242

Originally posted by GabrielE
    Now im sure no one actually claims to be a street racer or whatever
    but Im sorry, these "races" happen everyday,
    even on crowchild I see people gunning down there at 160+
    this could of happened to any of us, I was just on the highway towards banff today and almost saw a biker(like cycle) get hit ,
    the danger is anywhere, driving anything, going any speed
    we can all get hurt or killed in anyway when on the road
    and as far as the comments on the guys driving the BMW's,
    there all fair comments, but we have to take this chance to look at ourselfs before calling them "assholes, SOB" etc, because although none of you would admit it, half of us on beyond who say all the shit about street racers, have the car that is able, to do 180-220 easily, and are the same people who I mentioned racing up and down streets, just because they can, and obvoiusly, Ill admit im one of those people, and none of us, including me, never have the intention of doing something like this, obvoiusly some people are different, and have a different mindset and drive with no descretion, and just dont give a fuck, and nightly I see these people, who ride my ass, or rev next to me looking to race or just be stupid, soooo, my point of all this, is it is our reponsibilty as tuners, "street racers" importers, whatever you wana call it, to seroiusly look at and consider the things we do on the road.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    huh? i don't get it....
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    is in storage, due to the recession!!!

Hope you catch the guy, thoughts go out to your son

Originally posted by spikers

huh? i don't get it....
    Just letting the guy know where the period button is on the keyboard. Haha reading that paragraph of comma'd statements reminds me of that black kid on Malcom in the Middle who has to take a gasp of air every 3 words or so.

My Ride
    Vmax

I am glad you are allright . The BMW driver should have hit a Dodge diesel if he was racing .He would have gotten what he deserved .

I think you are incorrect in praising the Volvo ,it might be the reason you suffered the injuries .

newer cars with crumple zones ,air bags, pretension seat belts ,ectra transfer much less impact energy to the people in the car .

I will bet the BMW driver walked away from the crash

Hire a good lawyer

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Originally posted by autosm
    I am glad you are allright . The BMW driver should have hit a Dodge diesel if he was racing .He would have gotten what he deserved .

I think you are incorrect in praising the Volvo ,it might be the reason you suffered the injuries .

newer cars with crumple zones ,air bags, pretension seat belts ,ectra transfer much less impact energy to the people in the car .

I will bet the BMW driver walked away from the crash

Hire a good lawyer
    While it may be true that the Volvo somewhat contributed to the injuries, the impact was an unusual sort. If you check out the pictures earlier on in the thread, you;ll notice that it was a front to front fender collision. All the crumple zones in the world won't save you from the centripital forces of that smack-up. This is why side-impact airbags need to be standard on everything.

Good luck and have fun getting back to your life and school. If you ever get a chance to make it to a Beyond event, come on out and enjoy the hospitality!
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast