Quantcast
Bernier/Coulliard Scandal Keeps On Carrying On... Thoughts? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bernier/Coulliard Scandal Keeps On Carrying On... Thoughts?

Default Bernier/Coulliard Scandal Keeps On Carrying On... Thoughts?

http://start.shaw.ca/start/enCA/News...c=n061292A.xml

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...lard-cote.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...0.wbernier0610

So this appears to be the scandal everyone seems to be hanging onto with a vice-like grip. I must admit that things are seeming to be a lot more in depth than the government wants us to believe...

We all know that politicans in general are somewhat crooked, so while not trying to turn this into a "Tory vs Liberal" debate, I am curious as to what the peeps here feel about the subject of the actual issues involved including connections to biker gangs, national security, awarding of goverment contracts etc...

Do these things raise any genuine concerns with people here?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I find it disconcerting that a few members of the public office lack common sense.

Leaving classified documents overnight at your gfs house.... ok shit happens... but a month???

what a nubtard.

My Ride
    YZ250

Bernier/Coulliard Scandal Keeps On Carrying On... Thoughts?
    The media is trying to make a big deal out of this, but no one really cares.

And regarding the documents; How "sensitive" could they have been? and what the hell is she gonna do with them? She's got connections with the hells angels not al qaeda.

Originally posted by revelations
    I find it disconcerting that a few members of the public office lack common sense.

Leaving classified documents overnight at your gfs house.... ok shit happens... but a month???

what a nubtard.
    It appears the leaving of documents is the smallest part of the entire thing. It seems it actually goes a lot deeper than that. I think maybe that was just the excuse to move Bernier out of the spotlight in hopes it looked like everything got dealt with before any other stuff got out...

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...lard-cote.html
    Last edited by tirebob; 06-12-2008 at 05:46 PM.

It is tabloid material. Quebec politician from a liberal stronghold, sexy girlfriend, hells angels twist = Gold.

The opposition are desperate for something. Fortunately, they are too pathetic to do any real damage with this and it will probably not hurt the Tories too much.

Originally posted by rmk
    It is tabloid material. Quebec politician from a liberal stronghold, sexy girlfriend, hells angels twist = Gold.

The opposition are desperate for something. Fortunately, they are too pathetic to do any real damage with this and it will probably not hurt the Tories too much.
    http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/National...2/5857236.html

30 million dollar contract negotiations, relationships with other goverment officals, 2 high level goverment officials canned (sorry... resigned) etc. over and above the biker chick crap are nothing but tabloid material?

Again, Tory/liberal aside, I am surprised that people here who value integrity in goverment are not more concerned... Not saying that this is goverment destroying material, but to be simply swept under the carpet and saying it is nothing important, especially when it is already out in the open, is kind of unsettling isn't it?

It reminds me of my kids doing something stupid and pretending that if they don't look at it it must not have happened... lol
    Last edited by tirebob; 06-12-2008 at 06:15 PM.