Quantcast
You can cut the tension with a knife... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: You can cut the tension with a knife...

My Ride
    0 - 60 In 10 minutes.

Default Re: You can cut the tension with a knife...

Originally posted by vtec4life
    Is it just me or does anyone else notice a fair amount of hostility on this forum lately... maybe its always been like that but ive just been noticing a few people who are acting like their daddy's didnt love them and are taking it out on innocent people who come on this forum to be part of a community....not to be judged or humiliated. That said a few people seem to always have something snappy to say when someone states an opinion or asks a dumb question or posts up something they think is cool....bashing them doesnt help anyone. This place is a sanctuary for a lot of members and they love coming on here because its awesome to talk to other people in calgary about anything and everything knowing we all have a inherent love for cars/trucks/bikes etc. can we not keep the un-funny rude comments out as much as possible?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

go play in traffic
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    14' C63 507 Edition Coupe

Originally posted by badatusrnames

Who gives a fuck if someone makes fun of you online? Aren't people allowed to express a contrasting opinion if they disagree with you?

I mean, it's the internet, don't take it so seriously [cue internets is serious business pics].
    making fun of someone and stating a contrasting opinion are two completely different things. you are a fucking moron.

Sweet when that happens hey? getting MADE FUN OF for something so dumb for everyone else to see and laugh at. This isnt just the internet man this is calgary.. your city where you live with 99% of the members on here.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    Stupid '06.
    Stupid '03. haha

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by theken

Stupid '03. haha

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

making fun of someone and stating a contrasting opinion are two completely different things. you are a fucking moron.

Sweet when that happens hey? getting MADE FUN OF for something so dumb for everyone else to see and laugh at. This isnt just the internet man this is calgary.. your city where you live with 99% of the members on here.

Beyond.ca is not the City of Calgary.

Even you can't help but contradict your original post.

Whine whine whine, vtec4life is making fun of me on the internet, err I mean the City of Calgary, oops I mean beyond.ca.

My Ride
    14' C63 507 Edition Coupe

i was trying to say that this website is just a little more "personal" than the internet as a whole

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's all part of the game, and part of the entertainment.

I get made fun of every chance for being a pedo (hint, I'm not one), but it's funny, and it's part of my online persona I guess.

Lighten up, smoke a joint, and have fun.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default Re: Re: You can cut the tension with a knife...

Originally posted by bamboo403

Holy fuck. This makes me want to beat the shit outta this kid every day to really give him something to cry about.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

i was trying to say that this website is just a little more "personal" than the internet as a whole
    How is that? There are what, a few hundred active members at any given time, with the majority of them anonymous?

Like Rage said, just relax, it's all part of the game, the fun. Don't take it so seriously, it's an online forum, it lets people perhaps express themselves a little more robustly than they would otherwise in reality. You don't converse in an online forum expecting the same type of discourse and social conduct that you would in a real life conversation between strangers, do you?

The one thing that I can appreciate about his place is that at least it is honest. Ask stupid questions, say stupid shit and be an all around moron, people will call you out for it.

Ask intelligent questions, make intelligent posts and contribute meaningfully and you won't have any problems.

Regardless, this is a pointless thread by someone who clearly doesn't get it. This forum isn't all business, sorry.
    Last edited by badatusrnames; 06-30-2008 at 04:54 PM.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Originally posted by rage2

It's all part of the game, and part of the entertainment.

I get made fun of every chance for being a pedo (hint, I'm not one), but it's funny, and it's part of my online persona I guess.

Lighten up, smoke a joint, and have fun.
    I get all paranoid when I smoke a joint...

Originally posted by old&slow

I get all paranoid when I smoke a joint...
    Pour yourself a drink, then

You have to take forums with a grain of salt and not get worked up over stuff posted.... To some people, internet is serious business.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by Zephyr
    Long cat is long...

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Beyond is somewhere everyone can unwind, it's just all fun and games. Don't tell me you haven't gotten a kick out of a smart ass remark made on here. Damn i laugh everyday at someones post!

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Originally posted by rice_balls
    Beyond is somewhere everyone can unwind, it's just all fun and games. Don't tell me you haven't gotten a kick out of a smart ass remark made on here. Damn i laugh everyday at someones post!

My Ride
    Highlander

Getting worse? Really? I guess you haven't been here long, cause if anything, this place has gotten better in the last few years.

People need to lighten up, and turn the freakin monitor off if they feel themselves reaching for a knife over what they read on an online forum. This isn't real life people, it's an amusement for predominantly young males, aged 16-30. Take absolutely EVERYTHING with a grain of salt or call the whaaambulance and get out of here.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Do I need to print out a hurt feelings report for you
    bah what the hell

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Last edited by rice_balls; 07-01-2008 at 07:44 AM.

You are right in a sense, just that people are turning into well, pussies like you and complaining about shit. Then there are also people on here who are quick to make remarks about others, but if you say something or someone does the same thing, all of a sudden they fall of that horse of theirs and start throwing shit at that person for doing it.

Trust me, a lot of the people on here who are big talkers hide behind screens. I have met many beyond members at meets and stuff. One member on here who I won't name who is very quick at making remarks towards people and such I met at a meet once and didn't even say more that a few words to most of us. I am not saying this is everyone, some don't, but there is a lot of people on here who do.

Take er easy, its the fucking internet. If I could get under your skin from behind a computer screen, you need help.

My Ride
    06 Ralliart.

Originally posted by Rat Fink

<singing>
    "WHHHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS?....OH WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS?
    </singing>
    I think someone got nailed to a tree for saying such a thing in a public forum approximately 2000 years ago I am not sure it is just an internet problem.
    "Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast