Quantcast
Owned by Calgary BMW Scumbags - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 23 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Owned by Calgary BMW Scumbags

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Owned by Calgary BMW Scumbags

As most of you know, my HPF Turbo M3 has been in the shop getting some repairs done after an unfortunate accident a few months back:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/230251/as...fucking-drive/

So it's been well taken care of at Contemporary Coachworks, and I had a few extra things done to the car. I paid quite a bit extra to repaint the entire car so it would be good as new... I wanted the car to be perfect when I get it back. The car has been painted and needed some work done by the dealer. Specifically, the fog light harness had to be replaced.

I was worried since I haven't 3M'd the car yet that driving the car to Calgary BMW would chip my paint, so Contemporary flatbedded the car over to Calgary BMW. The car hasn't gotten an alignment yet, so they weren't planning on driving it there anyways.

So the car's been sitting at Calgary BMW for a bit now waiting for the harness to get installed, and they can't get to it until the 27th. No big deal right?

To my surprise, a fellow beyonder called me up and told me that he saw my car, with no front bumper, ripping around the BMW dealership Friday Oct 17 at around 4pm. These guys don't have the time to install a fog light harness, yet they can find the time to take my car out for a joyride. At least they took the front bumper off. Actually, I'm not quite sure if the car was sent to BMW with or without the bumper.

Like I said, there's completely fresh paint on the car, and no 3M at all, ripping around an area that's known for lots of crap on the ground. What the fuck was the point to flatbed the car there? So they can rip around with fresh paint???

Not only that, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys beat the fuck outta the car while the engine is cold. I never ever boost the car until it's in proper water and oil temps. I'm fairly certain these guys didn't care. The car makes enough power to destroy CV joints on hard 1-2 shifts (I know, I've had to replace a set a week after the kit was installed). Since then, I haven't shifted hard in 1-2. God knows if these idiots did that too. I was told the alignment is quite a bit off right now, driving hard has got to be great for my tires.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with BMW dealerships in Calgary? I knew buying a BMW that I would eventually have to deal with something retarded like this, with our local BMW dealerships well documented complaint history. I don't take my car to the dealer unless it's something only the dealer can do for a reason, and unfortunately, the one time it's there beyond my control, they decide to fuck me over.

Fucking so pissed off right now.

They'll be hearing from me on Monday. I just hope there's no damage, but that's wishful thinking.

Update #1: 10/22/08
    Originally posted by rage2
    Kevin the service manager just gave me a call, he just came back from Vancouver and he's not happy about the situation. I'll be meeting up with him this week and he ensures that whomever took the car out for a joyride will be dealt with severely.

So far so good. Will keep everyone posted.
    Update #2: 10/24/08
    Another update.

Met up with Kevin Mah, service manager of Calgary BMW. He was very helpful, explained to me that there was a tech working on the car on Friday. Showed the time that he logged against the car. The tech had said that he had to pull out of the lot because there was a truck in the way blocking one of the entrances or something. I'm not sure of the details, or which exits Calgary BMW has for moving cars around.

I logged into my car's datalogger and was able to get a dump of the data from Oct 17th. It logs GPS data as well, so I now know exactly how fast it was driven, and where the car went. I mapped it against google maps and sent it to Kevin.

The tech claimed he knew me and my brother. I have no idea who he is. I asked my brother, he knows of him, went to school with him. So the guy knew the car was mine.

Kevin mentioned that the car wasn't idling right which concerned me. The car ran perfectly the day it was dropped off to Contemporary. I fired up the car this morning and it did stall the first time. The second time, everything was fine, idled perfectly like before. It's probably because it's really cold and the car hasn't been driven much, so I don't think it's a problem. The car sounded fine. I'll know once I go for a drive when I get the car back.

The SMG error indicator was on as well, which means that the person driving it must've done a hard shift at redline. The stock SMG computer gets a little confused because it's not used to so much power on a shift, so it triggers that indicator, which goes away after a few drives.

Grant, the general manager called me up after I left, and wanted to meet with me. We're scheduled to meet Tuesday afternoon.

That's it for now.
    Update #3: 10/30/08
    Sorry for the late update, been swamped at work.

Met up with Grant on Tuesday Oct 28th, Calgary BMW General Manager. Really nice guy, kept apologizing over the situation with my car. I told him I was happy with how things have gone thus far.

He mentioned that my car got it's key scanned when it arrived. Once he was aware of the situation, he scanned the key again and it registered an additional 3km. My logs showed 2.3km, but it was aquiring GPS signal for the first few mins and must've missed a little bit of distance. Since then, the key's been locked up.

Grant mentioned that he spoke with the tech that checked in/out my car for work on the Friday where it was spotted and logged. The tech said that a truck was blocking one of the entrances so he drove out of the lot and back in right away. He has no reason not to believe the tech even though I've provided logs. He is still investigating, but they don't have cameras, nor do they have key check-in/out, so he says anyoue could've taken the car still. A little disappointed that they haven't figured out who actually took the car out.

He understands that Calgary BMW has a bad rep, and would like to change that. He's not a big internet guy, so he has no idea how to leverage an online community to help them fix their reputation. From our conversation, it sounds like he has very little visibility into the problems at the dealership. I told him to follow reading this thread as there are lots of problems that's reported here. If I see individual complaints, I will forward them his way, and let him deal with it on an individual basis. Hopefully, if the problem is fixed, the customer is satisfied, and will post a positive experience afterwards.

He then gave me a tour of the facilities. Nice place. Offered to let me test drive one of their demo M3's. Already driven one, so I turned it down. Said I was interested in the M3 DCT dual clutch transmission (I have a genuine interest in one, was dealing with C4S at BMW Gallery before he left). Grant says he'll call me if a M3 DCT demo becomes available.

Wednesday Oct 29th, the car was flatbedded back to contemporary. They went thru the car and found a small door ding. They said it can be fixed. They're going through a detail today, and will look for any other problems (car's really dirty). They also noticed that the turbo was leaking a little bit of oil. It's never done that before. The car was driven hard cold, so I'm hoping that the seals were probably cold and a bit of oil seeped through. Let's hope it's not a permanent problem.

That's it for now.
    Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Given that it's hard to prove WHO drove it and IF they caused any damage (other than the ding) I still feel:

a) you are too calm about the situation and seem to be letting them off way too easy

b) they are doing nothing to help the situation. Oooooh a test drive?? BFD. No compensation? No offers? I'd go Lebanese on them.

Seems odd....
    Sorry, I should've mentioned that Grant did offer me perks, discounts, etc. but I turned it down and said I don't even want to be offered anything. I said all I want is my car back the way it was but with the perfect paint that I paid for. They did promise that whatever problems come up on my car will be addressed by Calgary BMW.

They can't prove who drove it yet, but they do know that someone there DID drive it, and they take full responsibility.

Honestly, I will try and help them fix their problems. It's in my, and all of beyond's, best interest too that Calgary BMW / BMW Gallery offers service comparable to other high end dealerships. BMW makes some great cars, and it sucks that it's hard to own one without worrying because of the history of the 2 dealerships.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

tell me you are going to take action on this??!! Even if I found out some douchebag decided to joyride in my STOCK car I would be furious. Man...now I'm pissed off.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Expect it from anywhere, but I can tell you right now, they won't take your complaint lightly.

I really wish every car had a "true" vallet mode.

have u called calgary bmw yet? i would be pissed

They probably never had a car like yours there before so when it came in i'm pretty sure those bastards were just itchin to take it out.
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The service manager isn't in today. Tried calling already.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Effin rusty cum buckets.

Props to the beyonder who reported this. With so many moles everywhere, beyond's starting to sound like The Fight Club.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Tell them you want his home number.

My Ride
    Grimace

Raise hell, especially since it was repainted, they have no right to rip around on a customers car.
    Last edited by schocker; 10-18-2008 at 12:00 PM.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Um .. first .. for sure .. it is your car they saw??

You know beyonders .. can mix up Ferrari and Malabu ... M3 and Civic ... Mustang and Lambo ...

Talk to Kevin, he is very helpful, great guy .. but honestly .. I won't surprised .. lots of teenage staffs working for BMW now ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Someone should ID the driver(s).

[beyond CSI mode]
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Complete BS
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    Grimace

Just get all of beyond to go there today and test drive their cars.

My Ride
    CBR600rr, MK7

time to fuck shit up rage

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by C4S

You know beyonders .. can mix up Ferrari and Malabu ... M3 and Civic ... Mustang and Lambo ...

Talk to Kevin, he is very helpful, great guy .. but honestly .. I won't surprised .. lots of teenage staffs working for BMW now ..
    100% sure. The beyonder in question works at another dealership in the area and knows his cars. Besides, there's not a lot of BMW M3 Cabs in town with a massive FMIC up front making BOV sounds. I'm fairly certain that I'm the only turbo E46 M3 in town.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

wow.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Very Unfortunate

I just bought a 2008 M3 Convertible from BMW Gallery yesterday. In the original invoice it read 18 km on the odometer, when we took delivery yesterday it read 79 km's. No big deal right??

Well, I looked at the average gas consumption and it read 28 L/100 km

I phoned my salesperson (who's actually been fantastic), and he tried to reassure me that the only km's put on the car are from transportation back and forth to the offsite storage.

What a bunch of dorks that they would take brand new cars and rip them up before they're even purchased.

What pisses me off more, is the fact that BMW said the break in period is very critical for the M3.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Originally posted by C4S

with no front bumper, rage's M is pretty distinct with that whopping big intercooler... seems like a no brainer, but maybe there are a few of these?? for some reason seems unlikely

edit:rage beat me to it

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Forget the service manager, go straight to the dealer manager Grant...Ive always had good experience with him, and he always seems to be a straight shooter. (No BS)

My Ride
    2011 GTR

Wow people in this city have no respect for some one else’s property... I will ask my friend who works there if she saw anything.
    Same thing happened to the vette... guys at the train station that unloaded it when it arrived from lingenfelter put on an extra 60kms and did a number to the transmission which had to be replaced.
    Garage
    - 2011 GTR
    - 2013 STi
    - 2015 Yamaha FZ07

Page 1 of 23 1 2 11 ... LastLast