Quantcast
Why are people still street racing? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are people still street racing?

Default Why are people still street racing?

Hey guy's. I just moved from Country Hills drive N.W. There was lot of street racing going on Down there on Saturdays at like 1:00 am. And this was just last month. Kids with Acura's,Hondas, Mustangs ect.. They use to fly by the house going like at least 120kmh.

Now i live in Panaroma Hills behind silver city and guess what. More Street Racing. I was coming home with my wife on Saturday night and stopped at Wendy's by Silver City Country hills to pick up some stuff. When i got in the parking lot there was lot of people with fancy cars gathered there.

I wont say the car's but there was a $100,000 car and a $250,000 car at that parking lot that night among others.

So i got home at around 11:00 pm. And before you know it i hear tire's burning and racing going on by Silver City.

Now my concern is, why are you guy's in residental areas doing this stupid thing? I have an Wife who is 3 months pregnant and i drive on these streets going home. So please if any of you guy's are here in this forum please take the street racing out of the Residential streets, Please before some one get's hurt.

Thanks...

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Default Re: Why are people still street racing?

Originally posted by ICEBERG
    Please before some one get's hurt.

Thanks...
    its not a matter of if...its when

My Ride
    335i

I think that the majority of people on the forum are strictly against street racing.

The policy of the site is clear on street racing. beyond.ca does not endorse, support, or participate in these events. We have done a fair share in raising awareness against these illegal activities and will continue to do so in the future.

This is not to say that it will stop street racing entirely, however, and there are always going to be immature teenagers who will engage. Hopefully, the effort on behalf of the Calgary Police Services and media venues such as this site will help raise awareness and frown upon activities such as these, especially in residential areas where the event of a mishap increases.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Dont res racers get complaints lodged almost immediately? I know if it was outside my house I'd probably call the cops. That's what industrial areas are for!

Khyron

My Ride
    GTI

It's not just teenagers street racing...

I agree though, stupid ass punk kid (I know who he is though) in a 300E and an ITR passed me in a one lane on palliser dr in the school zone on Saturday night, I was ready to break his face. It was almost an hour after sunset but even if it wasn't a school zone I'd still be pissed. Never gonna stop people from street racing, honestly I've done my fair share, but never in a residential area, just stupid. Stupid kids ripped down pumphill dr too. Next time I bust a cap.

Sadly, it takes a death among them to realize its not in their best interest...and even then, for some, they'll never learn.

I hear them racing late at nite too.
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

I race cause im 2 Fast 2 Furious

My Ride
    Corolla

Lets hope we can avoid this ... as much as possible:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=25055

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

i think most people who are serious about racing (hence, most of the enlightened and educated people in this forum ) take their car to the track. but yes, alot of racing does go on at country hills blvd.

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

Unfortunately street racing will happen no matter what anyone says or does. It happens all the time by my place also. Someday someone's going to get hurt and learn their lesson too late.

shit i never go above 60 on a residential. i know speed limit is 50 but im saying top speed. and school zones and playgrounds, NO EXCEPTION For speeding. EVER. i dont give a shit if somebody shooting at me... well maybe then but i make sure its clear and i only speed when i feel confident. if i EVER second guess my speed i know im going to fast and slow my ass down.

Agree if your gonna race or test out your cars speed do it at race city or if anything like khyron said: industrial area at nite when nobody is there.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

I doubt they'll be out there long, they're obviously pissing a least one person off already. Once the cops start swinging through there several times a night they'll find somewhere else to go. I don't know why anyone would want to race so close to a residential area, you're just asking to get arrested doing that. Idiot street racers can't even figure that out
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    2010 Subaru STI

that goes for construction zones to, i saw at least 11 people get picked off by crowchild and 50th where they are doing that new bridge and man people can be soooo dumb.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

has street racing EVER stopped? NO... street racing has always happened and chances are it will continue to happen. Our parents and grandparents did it, we are doing it, our kids are probably gonna do it too. So who are we bullshiting here? There is no way that everyone on beyond doesn't street race. People condone it and shit and say how bad it is but pretty much everyone does it. Hopefully not at the "semi-organized street racing spots", but we still race ocasionally from stop lights. I hear those fags on country hills every night, but i also see once in a while cops patiently waiting by the 7-11 in west citadel, either during the day with radar, or at night for racing. So slowly but surely some of those guys will get caught and charged, and our insurance will go up even more coz we are ALL a risk

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
    I doubt they'll be out there long, they're obviously pissing a least one person off already. Once the cops start swinging through there several times a night they'll find somewhere else to go. I don't know why anyone would want to race so close to a residential area, you're just asking to get arrested doing that. Idiot street racers can't even figure that out
    well when you're 16 and just started driving and think you're the king of the world, while at the same time trying to get laid for the first time, you dont think straight

My Ride
    E90 335i

Default Re: Why are people still street racing?

Originally posted by ICEBERG

I wont say the car's but there was a $100,000 car and a $250,000 car at that parking lot that night among others.

Pretty lame if you ask me. Someone who has just bought a $250,000 penis extension having to hang out with 16 and 17yr old wannabe street racers. Pretty lame Millhouse, pretty lame.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    pedals

w'll strt rcn' is supa dope. Rght dooooogggggs. Wikkkity wak to all y'll htrs. whn i race in my uba styleeed civc -custm bdy kt, custm intak, custm paint, custm whls, custm exhst, custm factory turbo rotary- i jst gotsta lay it dwn y'll know. y'll know. I luv da need fo speed!!!!!! crizakas represent! whn i get outa hgh skool im gonna upgrde to an integra yo. iz gonna be MAD bling...

My Ride
    95 TSi AWD, 05 300C

Originally posted by rice_eater
    ...but pretty much everyone does it.

with all these ticket prices why would u street race?

Originally posted by import_azn
    with all these ticket prices why would u street race?
    I think regardless of ticket prices it would be kinda dumb to street race.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast