Quantcast
Toronto Blue Jays - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

My Ride
    NC1

That's nasty!

Will be interesting. God I hope they can put it together!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by 403ep3
    What a greasy greasy pitch!

Love the way the catcher (looks like John Buck, not sure) recoils waiting for the ball...seeing this I'm really glad the Jays picked up his catcher in the trade too- Arencebia would set the season passed ball record in the first game.

I watched Dickey's Letterman appearance from a couple years ago the other day- Letterman really enjoyed catching the knuckler lol.
    R.A. was saying he actually works on being able to throw it for strikes- to 'control' it in other words (it's all about the quarter revolution- no more,no less).

Originally posted by 95teetee

Love the way the catcher (looks like John Buck, not sure)
    That's Thole, the catcher they picked up.

I've spent a lot of time watching that gif...how the hell can he do that?

My Ride
    Altima Se-r

Originally posted by kertejud2

That's Thole, the catcher they picked up.

I've spent a lot of time watching that gif...how the hell can he do that?
    It's messed up, as a batter knowing what pitch is coming, and still not being able to hit it. Lol.

What's really exciting is all the moves they made aren't a 1 year, all or nothing thing. They've got these guys for the next 3 seasons, with the exception of Johnson who's under contact for 2.

Go jays! T-minus 60 days till spring training!

My Ride
    TDi

It's actually Nickeas..but they got him too so it doesn't matter
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Buck played for the jays a few years ago. Then they picking him up from Miami only to trade him to the mets.

I jumped on the bandwagon a year ago. Can't wait for this season to start. The best part of baseball is the fact there is a game everyday. This is the only time I will say, Toronto = Canada's Team.

Go JAYS!!!!!
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    TDi

Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos said J.A. Happ isn't guaranteed a spot on the Opening Day roster.
    The Jays are considering using Happ as a swingman this season, but haven't ruled out the possibility of him being stretched out as a starter with Triple-A Buffalo. "Right now he’d be our sixth starter and he’ll be used as a starter in spring training," Anthopoulos said. "Then he would be competing for a spot in the bullpen and he does have options (to be sent to the minors). He’s that sixth guy and could end up in the bullpen but in a more unlikely scenario, he could get optioned."
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    TDi

Bump for my excitement!
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    TDi

Saw this on CP, hilarious!

GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    05 Civic

Saw this on CP, hilarious!
    I enjoy how Lind misses every "swing"

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Lets get this thread alive again. I for one am a really disappointed die hard jays fan but still believe we may have some sort of a shot if we can win the next few series.

Starting pitching has killed us and not having batters be consistent. I have watched counless games where we have had a chance to win a game only to leave runners stranded. If it werent for the long ball ability on the team, we would be the Houston Astros.

Hope the team can get their shit together and make a run for a wildcard spot.
    Last edited by funkedelic2; 07-29-2013 at 10:09 PM.

My Ride
    TDi

I've been a fan since I moved to Canada and this season is going nowhere, fast.

On to next year.. I'm hoping we trade off aging vets like bautista, Buerhle, JJ, and Oliver.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Weird season that to me fell apart when Ricky got sent down. He was number 1 but dropped to number 3 with the new guys in December then dropped off the lineup all together. I'd give it another year with a change to the starting rotation and try again. Maybe they just need to get use to each other.

My Ride
    05 Civic

I've been a fan since I moved to Canada and this season is going nowhere, fast.

On to next year.. I'm hoping we trade off aging vets like bautista, Buerhle, JJ, and Oliver.
    I'd like to see them trade Bautista, he did sorta start the Jays trend when he started hitting bombs, but we have a lot of power right now, and not enough pitching/hitter for average. I think if they added some good consistent pitchers, to both the bullpen and starting rotation, they would have a good chance to make the playoffs next year.

I wouldn't be against them keeping things similar to how they are right now either.

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by danno
    Weird season that to me fell apart when Ricky got sent down. He was number 1 but dropped to number 3 with the new guys in December then dropped off the lineup all together. I'd give it another year with a change to the starting rotation and try again. Maybe they just need to get use to each other.
    That's honestly not his problem. He doesn't have control and has lost all his confidence. He's in the minors right now and is SUCKING hard.

I agree with the hitting for average notion. I feel that bautista is always trying to hit one out of the park each bat. He used to be so patient at the plate, but now he is swinging at everything.. and throwing tantrums as well.

Edit: Adding: Thole is horrible.. even JP is better
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ya a catcher is something they could use. Jp sucks thole sucks, maybe zaun can make a come back. Haha
    I'd bet Bautista doesn't like being second best to Edwin. But I have his jersey so I don't want him traded. Rasmus is coming around, and I'd like to see Davis play all the time if he gets to first it's almost a guarntee he will get to third. Maybe bring back Kawasaki for morale and fan support.

My Ride
    TDi

Too bad Zaun sucks too.

Jose probably doesn't like being second best and that's why he's hacking so much.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal hears that Emilio Bonifacio is the most likely Blue Jays' player to be moved.
    Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Blue Jays are also shopping Melky Cabrera, but teams could be reluctant to go after him for a variety of reasons. Rosenthal notes that the Jays have been mostly quiet in the days leading up to the trade deadline, so it's possible they'll do nothing. Related: Melky CabreraSource: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter Jul 30 - 4:01 PM
    I doubt we can even get much for boni. Trade him and bring back muni
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

I like Bonifacio but the guy isn't producing. Rasmus is coming around a bit but the guy strikes out soo much. Honestly don't know what they are thinking when they make some of these decisions. They brought back lawrie to play second base? Seriously? Why waste the one great thing he has going for him? The dude has a great arm.

I don't want to see romero back, the guy is a wreck and he isn't ready to be given another shot yet. Just been an utter disapointment, no happ, morrow, drabek and the guys we do have couldn't be doing worse. Especially Johnson and dickey.

Sad thing is we are stuck with a couple of these guys now and there's no interest from other teams to pick them up.

My Ride
    NC1

Yea is this it? This is the year? Get to the wild card and go one and done?! lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast