Quantcast
Calgary police.. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calgary police..

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    I'm sure a hard day as an officer is a lot more mentally/emotionally/physically straining than something you have ever done in your life dude.
    Oh please. Enough of the martyr complex. Listening to you people one would think Police Officers are the most educated and heroic people ever to walk on this ball of mud.

All this BS hero praising for simply doing a menial job? Please there are dozens of jobs far more important.

PS: It's a lot harder to get that piece of paper than to pass the pansy standards for cop school. 6 months of training oh boy thats even worse than Devry...

According to Sarah Silverman all you need is C's in high school to be a cop.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Oh please. Enough of the martyr complex. Listening to you people one would think Police Officers are the most educated and heroic people ever to walk on this ball of mud.

All this BS hero praising for simply doing a menial job? Please there are dozens of jobs far more important.

PS: It's a lot harder to get that piece of paper than to pass the pansy standards for cop school. 6 months of training oh boy thats even worse than Devry...
    Okay there Marx.
    GTFO.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Originally posted by ronrey
    According to Sarah Silverman all you need is C's in high school to be a cop.
    Not far from true here with how desperate the recruitement programs are/were.

It became evident to me when I was told:
    "You shouldn't be doing that"
    "Why?"
    "I am pretty sure this is against the law sir"
    "I beg to differ. Care to tell me where and what it states?"
    "I am not paid to read the rules to you sir, I am paid to enforce them."
    "So you dont have a clue..."
    "STAY OFF THE SIDEWALKS AND THE STREETS OR I WILL ARREST YOU NEXT TIME SIR".

This was an officer who couldn't remember whether my quadricycle (longboard) was permitted on either the sidewalk or the road. Apparently if you can't remember, neither are permitted. I think my cheap laughs at his piss-pour education and training became obvious to him when I could barely keep my composure as he spoke. And doesn't it seem like many of the cops you see nowadays have striking resemblances to people with authority issues from highschool?

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

My crazy ass aunt who just finished a couple of years being a kindergarten class-helper just became a police officer. It makes me laugh, it's a complete joke. She has such authority issues to begin with, bossing my uncle around (who is like the bitch in the relationship) and her three kids. Now I have to listen to her non-stop fucking talk about how hardcore she is.

Originally posted by swak

Okay there Marx.
    GTFO.
    Please explain your flaccid argument that seems to have nothing to do with the topic of conversation. Marxism is far from what came to mind when I read his statement..
    Last edited by Pollywog; 10-08-2009 at 04:19 PM.

whats with your constant comparison to " well in hong kong THIS is the case"

stop comparing it to a place that is completely irrelevant to the CPS. no one cares
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I too have the very same views pollywog. Its getting stupid now.
    Marxism came to mind when he said that there are far more important jobs than police. I disagree. Just cause you wear a suit and sit in a lazyboy downtown doesn't mean your jobs more important than the guy that picks up your garbage

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-05-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Cue all the nancy's coming in a acting like they could do policing work You pussies would quit after one day.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Members who are self-starters generally tend to make for better cops. Its not about a degree on the wall but how driven as a person you are that will determine your success on the job.

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding was that you can move up with less than 5 years but you would still be on the streets (eg. dog team, TAC team, property crimes, etc.).

Also, the CPS encourages members to take further education to better themselves; there used to be a fixed dollar amount per year they gave members for this (eg. night class) - not sure if this is still around.

I did find some information on studies/further educations for advancements. Also has a 2000 a year education fund.

I only compare to HK, because it is why im not certain if CPS has a similar entrance policy, since the police system is based on britains standards.

Originally posted by 97acura
    We should have guessed he was an idiot by his 'Rotary' username
    woah take it easy bud, the question i asked was merely...a question. not like im offending anyone here

by the way..why do u keep posting in this thread
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride

Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary

by the way..why do u keep posting in this thread
    Why does he keep posting in general?

Originally posted by Pollywog

Why does he keep posting in general?
    Why do you hate yourself?

My Ride

^^ As you can see he never has anything productive, constructive, knowledgeable or even logical to say. See here.

Anyways, back on track -> Anybody else noticing a jump in the number of cruisers on the street? I've seen more cops on the road in the past 3 days then I have all year.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Pollywog

And doesn't it seem like many of the cops you see nowadays have striking resemblances to people with authority issues from highschool?

I see a lot of "Jetson's Elroy" on the RCMP in small towns. Like young bucks straight from HS. Nothing wrong with it, some of them are jumpy as hell tho, always thinking someone's gonna jump 'em, compared to the older officers who knows they'll tazer the fuck outta you if you tried anything.

On a good note, last week I was traveling 130-140 on a 100km/hr... 3am on a weekend (small town to small town), got pulled over (RCMP), I was pretty calm cuz I knew I was speeding, but he was super nice and professional, didn't give me any ticket. This was like Oct 2, 3... so no stress on quotas yet... but nice guy none the less, one of my best pulled over experience.

This thread is full of ignorance and fail...

Originally posted by 97acura

Why do you hate yourself?
    go away.

As a 5th level constable (entry level), what duties are included? such as vehicle patrol, emergency response etc.

I cant seem to find much information on the cps website (maybe its me?).

vancouver police has this statement: "Promotions are based on work performance, overall experience and education. Previous work or your educational background will enhance your suitability for transfer to specialty squads"

and heres the link for reference : http://vancouver.ca/police/recruiting/opportunities.htm
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Imagine, we live in the day and age where there are telephones and organizations like the CPS have phone numbers and phones as well. But they probably wouldn't know the answer to your questions either.

See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-05-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    The Bus

This is interesting.........

You can't really compare the two police force (HK VS CPS).

In HK, if you have a degree you can apply for the inspector position but doesn't mean you will get it. First you will need to pass an eye exam and you will need to pass a written Chinese tests. Trust me, local grad fail this test too. You go thru the whole interview process, group discussion, leadership............

Even if you do, you will only become a probationary inspector for a period of time. If you don't pass at the end you are de-rank back down to constables but at the highest pay scale.

My police friends in Canada would argue that if such a young freshman is given that high(er) of a rank they wouldn't have much street sense and interragtion skills.

Do you know what inspectors do in HK?

My Ride
    The Bus

I have also seen in the past that different police services will hire for specific, i have seen EPS looking for ppl with accounting background for their commercial crime. and again the starting rank is still constables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2