Quantcast
are men pussies nowadays compared to yesteryear? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: are men pussies nowadays compared to yesteryear?

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

*cue patriotic background music*

Am I a pussy?

I've worked 36 hours straight to unload 100,000+ lbs of fish from various, deep sea draggers to trawlers and gill netters back to back.

I have ridden 4 meter chop in a 35 foot trawler during 40 mph gail force winds, having to climb a 20 foot mast with no safety harness to unhook the stabilizer rigging so we dont capsize.

I've ridden the back of a 52 foot steel bellied prawn trap longliner on 5 meter seas blowing over the bow. Up at 5 and in bed at 11 everyday, 3 weeks at a time.

I've slung beer with the toughest of loggers and broken up fights to save the face for the next drinking day, infact taking a few blows to the head.

I've framed delivered drywall, hung drywall and taped various basements,... myself in just a matter of weeks

since the internet arrived,...

now I sit on a computer all day, can't live without my smart phone, and am an absolute terrible driver.

I am asian and,..

Yes I ,..... am a pussy.

because there is no bloody way I would ever do those other things again - they are just too damned hard.
    Last edited by barmanjay; 11-03-2009 at 12:01 AM.
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

^^^ You've put in your time sir. *slow clap*

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

While there are some good points in this thread most of it has been a bunch of young men trying to sound like they are more macho than the last poster by announcing how hard his physical labour job is. Personally I'm not sure that having to work a physical labour job because you lack education or intellect makes you more of a man.

My Ride

damnit,.. i should've added the captain morgan pose to my post!!!

and a poster of me as one of the 4 guys

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by CUG
    If you can lift it out of your belt, you weak unmanly vagina boy.

Nicely said!

Originally posted by Diocletian
    While there are some good points in this thread most of it has been a bunch of young men trying to sound like they are more macho than the last poster by announcing how hard his physical labour job is. Personally I'm not sure that having to work a physical labour job because you lack education or intellect makes you more of a man.
    What work a person does has nothing to do with education or intellect. I know people who've put in lots of education time to work on construction sites in technical roles and some really intelligent guys who do basic physical jobs because they love what they do and who they work with and earn great money. Different strokes etc.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by GREENBOY

some really intelligent guys who do basic physical jobs because they love what they do and who they work with and earn great money. Different strokes etc.
    Or they went to school thinking that they will get this nice high paying job and they can sit back and then realize that theres more to getting a good job then a paper with your grades on it.

Back in the days people went to school to learn a specific trade. Now a days you ask people who are 2-3 years in to school and they say I dunno what I want to do, im just taking classes for now.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

I think there is a big difference between "being" strong and actually being a man. The biggest, toughest guys I know are generally overcompensating for their short comings and are the most self-involved and shallow people around (note pictures of dudes flexing and posting pictures on the web). A strong man is one who works, plays and lives hard, not caring what your t-shirt says, or if your sideways hat and Gucci glasses match. If you spend all your time in the gym with other dudes, you're doing it wrong.

flame suit on.
    Last edited by syeve; 11-03-2009 at 03:45 PM.

great thread. and i do think were all pussies.

if you using that your parents had it harder than you did. well they had it easier than their parents so their pussies, and your grandparents were pussies compared to their parents.

dont look back 50 60 70 years and decide, look back all the way and youll see that everyone was a pussy.

so for all those who were complaining about how this generation is full of pussies, your pussies to the generations before you.

i cant imagine being in the 1800s before the industrial revolution. man those guys probably though the peeps after the industrial revolutions were pussies.

My Ride

I respect my dad! Infact his life story almost makes me cry everytime I think about it.

He is a TRUE MAN - no pussy there!

He bacame the head of his household at the age of 12 during some kind of korean war

Father died an alcoholic, mother died young from a penicillin allergy.

He looked after his 2 younger sisters and great great grandmother. Scalped opera tickets to military, sometimes going through the trash to find good food to feed his sisters

Studied hard, and had an opportunity to move to the states and go to university sponsored by the military at age 20 through a competition. 3000 people entered,.. he was 1 of 100 selected to immigrate (top 1% of the exam)

Studied geology, became a geologist, met my mom, had me and became a taxi driver to pay the bills and stay home.

Started a courier business,.. made it big back in the 70's (IOTA then IPX).

Brought his sisters and their families over.

Started a PC building business (PROTEUS),.. went bankrupt, Parents divorced, he reluctantly gave up everything for us kids (gave everything to my mom including businessess) and paid child support to boot.

Started at the bottom as a used car salesman

Then went into commodoties trading,.. made it big again,.. then bankrupt again.

Started another business/publication. He is 76 and still doing it, even during and after major heart surgery.

He lives now to see his grandchildren.

I admire his spirit *I'm literally tearing up right now*

Not once has he ever strayed from supporting his family. that was his #1 - himself came 2nd.

He just recently finally spoiled himself and bought a used volvo

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Wow, that's quite a story to tell.

Previous generation will always have a harder life than the next in general as long as we are progressing in science and technology. I don't ignore what they have contributed and I truly appreciate their sacrifice. But I don't like it when they put it on me like I have a choice to live now and have it the easy way. When the time comes that we need to pick up our weapons and defend ourselves, I'm sure most of us would do the same just like our grandfathers and great grandfathers did.

Should we compare ourselves to cave people during stone age too? They barely lived past 30.

Originally posted by barmanjay
    I respect my dad! Infact his life story almost makes me cry everytime I think about it.

He is a TRUE MAN - no pussy there!

He bacame the head of his household at the age of 12 during some kind of korean war

Father died an alcoholic, mother died young from a penicillin allergy.

He looked after his 2 younger sisters and great great grandmother. Scalped opera tickets to military, sometimes going through the trash to find good food to feed his sisters

Studied hard, and had an opportunity to move to the states and go to university sponsored by the military at age 20 through a competition. 3000 people entered,.. he was 1 of 100 selected to immigrate (top 1% of the exam)

Studied geology, became a geologist, met my mom, had me and became a taxi driver to pay the bills and stay home.

Started a courier business,.. made it big back in the 70's (IOTA then IPX).

Brought his sisters and their families over.

Started a PC building business (PROTEUS),.. went bankrupt, Parents divorced, he reluctantly gave up everything for us kids (gave everything to my mom including businessess) and paid child support to boot.

Started at the bottom as a used car salesman

Then went into commodoties trading,.. made it big again,.. then bankrupt again.

Started another business/publication. He is 76 and still doing it, even during and after major heart surgery.

He lives now to see his grandchildren.

I admire his spirit *I'm literally tearing up right now*

Not once has he ever strayed from supporting his family. that was his #1 - himself came 2nd.

He just recently finally spoiled himself and bought a used volvo
    sounds like a badass dude to be totally honest.

i do agree with most of this thread though. its getting pretty sad when males in the 20-28 year old age bracket care more about clothes, accessories, then making money and building character. also, basically none of my friends can do any sort of handyman shit which is pretty fuckin pathetic.

[This is taken from many sources and adding my own take as well]

My mother smoked. In many of my friends' homes, both parents smoked. We're all in our 30s now.

As a teen I helped insulate our new home with asbestos. I have no related health problems.

My parents were too poor to own a crib so babies slept in an open dresser drawer, all paint had lead, no one cared. I played with goddam mercury. (yes i did) im healthy today.

There were no childproof locks or tamperproof bottles. Somehow we survived. We played street hockey with a rock when we couldnt find our rock hard ball, and no pads.

we went halloweening with out our parents, with a pillowcase, a plastic mask you couldnt see out of and we all looked like stay puft so we could stay out all night. we didnt even know Reflective tape had been invented.

We rode bikes without helmets. When we crashed we dusted ourselves off, and continued riding. We had banana seat bicycles, and Rookie cards werent for collecting but for the motorbike sound they made when taped into your spokes, cars were altogether different, there were no seatbelts or air bags. We rode in the backs of pickup trucks with the dogs. no one had cars in high school. the parking lots always had empty spaces.

We skinned our knees, scraped our legs and got grass stains. mud was fun. we buried all our hotwheels in the playground or stole a hammer to make them look like they were crushed by a monster truck, we took sharp steak knives to make box forts, if we were stupid enough to cut ourselves our parents gave us a bandaid if we had them, we never had them so the mouth became the incubator until the bleeding stopped.

We got sick, and chicken soup was yesterdays antibiotics. Our tv had a dial and i was the remote. I never learned what UHF meant. Hardly anyone had a VCR. We woke up at 6am on saturday to watch mask and gi-joe. We stole sears catalogs for the underwear ads as girls started to interest us.

We drank pop, ate Popsicles and candy bars when we could scrounge them and virtually no one was overweight because we were outside from dawn to dusk, running and playing.

There were no TVs, Game Boys, video games, cell phones or computers. People who were lucky enough to have a phone (we had one because my dad was self-employed) shared a party line with other households. If we wanted to talk to our friends, we walked to their houses. that was called calling on them.

Our parents knew the neighbors, no-one knows anyone anymore.

Many of my friends, like me, walked miles to school, We had keys on shoelaces tied around our neck and went home everyday without incidence.

We played outside, and video games were a thing to relieve the time until we could play outside again, or when we had sleepovers. We played Tag on playground equipment that featured broken splintered wood not foam padded plastic, with gravel and wood chips below not ground rubber, stray dogs were pettable. we played until called for dinner.

When we got into a fight everyone ran, no one pulled a knife, you didnt call your friends and they didnt jump in, when you both exhausted yourselves beating the shit out of each other you picked the other guy up and usually ended up friends.

We broke limbs which wasnt so bad because then you got a cast which even the pretty girl who you secretely admired would sign aside from that girls had germs and were not to be talked to. We threw rocks at beehives and climbed fences, we shoveled snow for a dollar in 40 below until dark.

We made up games. We ran with scissors and sharp sticks. we even threw them at friends

We rode sleighs and go-carts down hills lined with trees, shrubs, bushes and ROCKS. We expected minor injuries and often received them. No one thought of suing the city or the property owner. Risks were a part of life.

Moms held babies in their arms in the front seats of cars. car seats were unheard of and riding in the front was a special thing not dangerous.

We could go downtown all day on a dollar bus fare, and no one worried about us. There must have been kids with allergies, but they kept quiet about it. You climbed trees, built a treehouse using a real hammer and real nails by the time you were 7. You had snow fights which seemed to last until everyone got frostbite. snow was stuffed down kids necks.

When Little League came along, not everyone made the team. There was no 6th place trophy or medal competition was the name of the game and not everyone was the best. We had to learn to deal with failure.

Those who couldn't keep up in school were held back a grade. now theyre forced through.

You tell me whats different?

Now we have schools banning peanut butter sandwiches, cities proposing to ban perfumes in public. taking out all playground equipment (whens the last time you saw a merry go round), playgrounds lay empty, diving boards are being taken out of pools. playground zones go 10 miles past the playground (we learned to watch for cars not the other way around) dogs are being banned for fear they bite a kid who pulls its tail.

The idea of parents defending children caught doing something wrong at school or in the community was unheard of. We were punished, publicly and privately.

Before lawyers and governments and especially parents began to over-regulate and protect us against every real or imagined aspect of existence, we lived a life with rough edges and we turned out pretty darn good.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

WERD...I had a fantastic fearless childhood...my kids are going to have orange and black day and speed limits on bike paths.

Originally posted by Diocletian
    Personally I'm not sure that having to work a physical labour job because you lack education or intellect makes you more of a man.
    Uhhh... so every person out there that does a physically demanding job is stupid & uneducated? Do you honestly believe that?

I spent years working in an office environment, in senior management, making great money... but you know, I find the whole office atmosphere to be poisonous... it really takes a toll on a person.

So I gave it up... and now I work in physically demanding but well paying jobs... and I absolutely love it. I wouldn't go back to my old line of work, or an office period, for anything.

Here's to a stress-free, loser-free, great paying career!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5