Quantcast
LF: Someone to stipple ceiling - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LF: Someone to stipple ceiling

My Ride
    09 XRS

Exclamation LF: Someone to stipple ceiling

I'm in the process of completing some reno's on my house and need a small stippling job done... If you or someone you know is looking to make a lil extra cash who can do the job, please let me know! I can provide pics of the job if necessary, or just meet you at the house so you can have a look.

Thank you!!

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

You said stipple right?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    STi

If you're looking for it to be done fairly cheap maybe you can try it yourself. You could try the the stipple in a can stuff they sell at most hardware stores. You don't need the full stipple machine. It's basically like spray paint. Just be careful you don't spray too much in one spot though. You need to spray it relatively fast and evenly. Try it on a spare piece of wood or something first.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Originally posted by jsn
    If you're looking for it to be done fairly cheap maybe you can try it yourself. You could try the the stipple in a can stuff they sell at most hardware stores. You don't need the full stipple machine. It's basically like spray paint. Just be careful you don't spray too much in one spot though. You need to spray it relatively fast and evenly. Try it on a spare piece of wood or something first.

Maybe if you were using it for a small patch job, but not for a whole ceiling. It's easy enough to spot most patch jobs using this stuff... I can't imagine how bad an entire ceiling would look using it.

My Ride
    KTM

I would recommends renting the machine and doing it yourself. It is a easy job- i know people that have rented the machine and bought supplies and did an entire basment for less than $100.

I used Big Al's and i think it cost me $280 or so- they did do a good job though.

Originally posted by craigcd
    I would recommends renting the machine and doing it yourself. It is a easy job- i know people that have rented the machine and bought supplies and did an entire basment for less than $100.

I used Big Al's and i think it cost me $280 or so- they did do a good job though.
    Have you used it? I did. Never again. Machine cost me $60. The product was another $20. I spent over two hours picking it up, bringing it into the job (small bathroom reno). I mixed up the stuff as per instructions, filled the hopper, cranked on the machine, watched the stuff ooze through the hose until it hit the gun and then......nothing. Thing got clogged up. Tried to clean the hopper, tipped it over, spilled all over the carpet. Little Styrofoam balls all over the place. Sweating, muttering, cursing.....finally balled it all up and dropped it back at Home Depot. Wasted half the day screwing around with this. I phoned Big Al's Texturing, they came and did the bathroom in less than two minutes...cost me $180. Will never try the "DIY" texturing ever again.

My Ride
    09 XRS

Thank you for the responses!

I wouldn't attempt the DIY method, as I'm not a crafty/handy kinda girl, and I don't want to risk screwing it up, as I'm listing the house as soon as it's done!

I've got a few PM's for numbers, as well as I'll give Big Al's a call.

Thanks again

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Have you used it? I did. Never again. Machine cost me $60. The product was another $20. I spent over two hours picking it up, bringing it into the job (small bathroom reno). I mixed up the stuff as per instructions, filled the hopper, cranked on the machine, watched the stuff ooze through the hose until it hit the gun and then......nothing. Thing got clogged up. Tried to clean the hopper, tipped it over, spilled all over the carpet. Little Styrofoam balls all over the place. Sweating, muttering, cursing.....finally balled it all up and dropped it back at Home Depot. Wasted half the day screwing around with this. I phoned Big Al's Texturing, they came and did the bathroom in less than two minutes...cost me $180. Will never try the "DIY" texturing ever again.
    Sounds all too familiar. I've done a couple small patch jobs using various methods and in the end it's just so obvious where the work has been done. (To me at least) Not worth the hassle to DIY on this one.

My Ride
    2023 Durango SRT 392

Totally Man

I wish I would have read this thread before I did my basement........

Most difficult DIY thing ever.....it's like painting a car on your ceiling
    "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

My Ride
    KTM

No i personally havent done it but i know forum members legendboy and egmike both had no issues. They borrowed the machine however and didnt rent it so the Home Depot machine might suck. Both had no issues and laughed at me for spending the $$$ after they did it so easily.

Maybe better to do on a bigger job?