Quantcast
have some questions regarding Futureshop policy - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: have some questions regarding Futureshop policy

Default have some questions regarding Futureshop policy

I purchased a notebook at Futureshop during their customer appreciation day, about a 5 or 6 weeks back. I was recently browsing their website and realised that the notebook I had purchased, had dropped in price by $500. I read over their policy with regards to price matching and "lowest price guarantee" and it states quite clearly that they will refund the difference ONLY if the price changed within 14 days of my purchase. The weird thing is that the notebook is not being marked down, it is being marketed at the said price, whereas usually, the regular price would be crossed out and a sale price in red would appear, my notebook only shows the lower price. I figured maybe it was a refurbished model but it says nothing of the sort. I know there are a few employees on this board and was wondering if anyone could shed some light. I will be contacting Futureshop tomorrow but figured I would post in the hopes of obtaining some advice.

TIA

My Ride
    a wrx.

it doesnt matter if the price drop is specifically advertised or not, just print the price quote out and bring it in with u to the store and theyll refund the difference for u (as long as the price doesnt go back up!!)

sometimes they just screw up prices on the website, but the store has to honor their policies, so make sure u go in asap before they find the mistake, if it indeed is a mistake.

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

If you purchased it 5 or 6 weeks back then either way you are past their price protection policy. And most stores will not eat the $500. But it doesn't hurt to try, go directly to speak to a manager. Don't waste your time with the salespeople as they will not do anything (hit to commission) nor do they have the power to do anything past policy.

Originally posted by MerfBall
    If you purchased it 5 or 6 weeks back then either way you are past their price protection policy. And most stores will not eat the $500. But it doesn't hurt to try, go directly to speak to a manager. Don't waste your time with the salespeople as they will not do anything (hit to commission) nor do they have the power to do anything past policy.
    WERD
    Thats the way the industry changes. No one will eat the cost difference for that $500. Computers do depreciate. Sorry Ben, but that was also the way it was at CompuSmart.

My Ride
    a wrx.

oops, disregard my post, i didnt read your post carefully enuff about how u bought it so long ago.

so if u KNOW that the price protection is only good for 14 days and u KNOW u bought it 6 weeks ago, why are u even posting?? haha futureshop is gonna tell u to fuck off.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

There's a reason why they have price protection for a certain amount of time.

If you go in and tell them your story all they're gonna say to you is..."Sorry"

I wanna get me a big screen from there soon. Does anyone know if you can have a type of setup with Future Shop so you don't pay anything for more than 90 days? Was looking for a year type of thing.

They have 12, 24 and now even 36 month financing with no interest. Free home theatre package on a bunch of Toshiba TVs too.
    ---

Price protection is for 14 days only. on sales, on regular price drops, etc etc.

After the 14 days your SOL, stop being a cheap jew i had a customer come in and say "i got this computer 2 years ago, the price is now 399 and i got it for 2299, i want the price protected" umm no sorry it doesnt work that way. technology, especially computers, changes so much that they had to change the price protection from 30 days to 14 days, busienesses were loosing SO much damn money from that shit.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Price protection is for 14 days only. on sales, on regular price drops, etc etc.

After the 14 days your SOL, stop being a cheap jew i had a customer come in and say "i got this computer 2 years ago, the price is now 399 and i got it for 2299, i want the price protected" umm no sorry it doesnt work that way. technology, especially computers, changes so much that they had to change the price protection from 30 days to 14 days, busienesses were loosing SO much damn money from that shit.
    2 YEARS? What the hell was the guy on?

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Did you guys know that Visions has a lifetime price protection policy? I think they only make the difference up with store credit but better than nothing.

My Ride
    335i

I bought a Compaq 486dx2 66mhz from Future on February 21, 1993 for $2100. Last time I saw it advertised in the bargain bin for $25. Can I get the difference back?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by roopi
    Did you guys know that Visions has a lifetime price protection policy? I think they only make the difference up with store credit but better than nothing.
    see that way everybody wins. you come back and buy shit in the store so it brings more business, and the salesmen dont hafta worry about takin hits on their commission. i actually like this idea.... i shall suggest it to my boss heh.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

After the 14 days your SOL, stop being a cheap jew
    here comes the price-protection nazi!

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    I bought a Compaq 486dx2 66mhz from Future on February 21, 1993 for $2100. Last time I saw it advertised in the bargain bin for $25. Can I get the difference back?

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    here comes the price-protection nazi!
    that be me you damn communist

The situation has been resolved. I had a printout with the price yesterday and as it turns out, it's actually an error on the web page. I was able to obtain a $100 in store credit for my troubles so I guess it all worked out in the end.

And for all the assholes out there, you guys make it sound like $500 depreciation in 5 weeks for a new laptop is worth it. If so, props to all you high rollers, I know I won't stomach it.

Originally posted by bksze
    The situation has been resolved. I had a printout with the price yesterday and as it turns out, it's actually an error on the web page. I was able to obtain a $100 in store credit for my troubles so I guess it all worked out in the end.

And for all the assholes out there, you guys make it sound like $500 depreciation in 5 weeks for a new laptop is worth it. If so, props to all you high rollers, I know I won't stomach it.
    what do you mean worth it? its a fact of life, 3 years ago computers cost 3 times as much. now you can get a desktop system for about $700. think, in 5 more years down the road how much $700 will be able to get you then

My Ride
    NC1

bksze, since you own a shop, would you refund the $500 to your customer if 5-6 weeks had passed? I'm just curious.....

Yes, $500 is not change but I think you are missing what everyone is trying to say.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    bksze, since you own a shop, would you refund the $500 to your customer if 5-6 weeks had passed? I'm just curious.....

Yes, $500 is not change but I think you are missing what everyone is trying to say.
    indeed

thing i hate is people doing shit like this. they bring it to the salesperson/customer service and bitch about it bein 6 weeks and they want their money blah blah blah, so both sales and customer service says "its our policy, so we cant" so then they freak out, call up the manager and then the manager is a dolt and is like "DUUH OKAY" and makes the other 2 associates look like fucktards.

way i see it, if you dont like the policy, dont shop there. but you wont find a better deal in many more places. your lucky the manager did shit for you. which futureshop was it and which manager?

I understand what people are trying to say, they're just using extreme examples to illustrate a point.

Let me use my own example to help show you my frustration.

As I purchased this notebook, I should know first hand what the situation is.

I pruchased the laptop on Dec. 7, a new model with $200 discount because I purchased on customer appreciation nite.

Yesterday, I checked the website, and it was listed at $500 less than MY purchase price after the discount. The price discounted from someone had they paid regular price would've been 45% off retail price.

The time frame, using my estimates would be 5 weeks. Depreciation of 45% for anything over the course of 5 weeks should be considered unacceptable. That is how I laid it out to Futureshop's manager, and he agreed with me.

Maybe I'm the only one with this point of view, if so, then so be it.

People here are using examples from 93, or how much computers cost 3 years ago. I don't care, my time frame was 5 weeks. The MSRP on the website is still what I paid for, even on Ebay, the prices are more expensive than what futureshop had it listed for. I think i'm justified in my reason for being upset so I dealt with it, and regardless of the general opinion in this thread, it was resolved fairly and I'm happy.

Now to answer your question max. I could go about it in two ways.

1. using the opinion of this board.
    I would not refund it, because 2 years ago, bodykits cost $2000, and now that i'm selling it to you for $1200, you're getting a steal of a deal and just because I had to clear them out for $600, I can't refund your money now.

2. or my opinion would eb this.
    First off, bodykits are a totally different item altogether, thus I can't really use the same price value however, if i sell an item, and discount it 4 - 5 weeks later because of whatever reason, I will honour that discount if the item applies. Case in point, if someone special orders a kit, and i discount my stock, then I will not honour that discount. If he bought something that I had in stock and i was blowing out my stock as well, then Yes . . . i would. But keep in mind, we're comparing apples and oranges here, so it wouldn't really be fair to compare the situation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast