Quantcast
ZR Auto Ferrari Enzo goes for a swim - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ZR Auto Ferrari Enzo goes for a swim

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

How the hell did he crash it? HE WASN"T EVEN COMPETING IN THE EVENT.....(contrary to what the article says)....he was in the grand touring class (i.e. not supposed to be even speeding).......

Which meant he was just simply following a pace car at non-race speeds....like a parade.....
    Last edited by 4WARNED; 09-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.

My Ride
    91 MR2T, 85 Corolla GTS

Ya, there is no insurance when the car is on stage, there is insurance during transits.
    The driver stopped to show off the car and then was trying to make up time on average speed?

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

The only logical explanation is that he was getting road head and missed a corner ......

My Ride

Damn, that wont even be salvageable... Water damaged cars are automatically deemed "non-repairable"

One of 3 things can come out of this. 1- car will be used for parts 2- car will be used for "off road" purpose only 3- it will end up somewhere overseas (middle east?) and be driven there

or he repairs out of pocket and car still holds clean title

My Ride
    Everything

I was just communicating with Zahir. He'll fix the car.

I'm just glad that he's OK.

I know that I've made some driving errors in my days and I expect that I'll make some more. I guess the difference is that every self rightous moron in the world isn't there to call me an idiot when they've likely made just as many, and likely more, driving mistakes in their lives.

When you make a mistake in a high profile car it just get's everywhere. Even to the ghetto - where I live.

Greg
    2008 Viper ACR
    2001 H1 Always muddy
    2006 GSXR1000 Always wheeling
    NASCAR Stocker Always Dented
    Harley Davidson Cross Bones
    Yamaha YSR
    Miata. Seriously? A Miata?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by fireball

When you make a mistake in a high profile car it just get's everywhere. Even to the ghetto - where I live.

Greg
    Nope, when you make a driving mistake that sends your car into the OCEAN, THAT makes the news. I've never once came close to crashing into a lake or ocean, and I've been in cars that have rolled off cliffs while racing (racing, not driving at a leisurely pace below the posted speed limit).

Try and justify it anyway you can, this one gets a good ol' facepalm. Especially since I have no idea how they'll fix the car with salt water damage. Fresh water, completely understandable, but salt water?

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Nope, when you make a driving mistake that sends your car into the OCEAN, THAT makes the news. I've never once came close to crashing into a lake or ocean, and I've been in cars that have rolled off cliffs while racing (racing, not driving at a leisurely pace below the posted speed limit).
    That's because we live in alberta, the chances of rolling in to a lake in alberta are somewhat similar to the chances of rolling off a cliff and not landing in water in newfoundland.

I love how everyone hates on this car every time it's posted. The guy took his million dollar + car and raced it, not a single person on this board would have the sack to do it even if they did own a million dollar car...hell there's people with 15 year old skylines on this board that have never seen a track day because it "might break something" get a grip on reality people...it's an awesome car, the decals are to make it an advertisement so that all expenses related to it are a tax write off. Has no one on here run their own business before?
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-05-2019 at 09:37 AM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

grand touring class isnt a race...

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Go4Long

The guy took his million dollar + car and raced it, not a single person on this board would have the sack to do it even if they did own a million dollar car...
    By all accounts (and according to the TN website), he was entered in the Grand Touring non-race division of the Targa, and yet somehow managed to put it in the ocean. Now that takes sack!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

the decals are to make it an advertisement so that all expenses related to it are a tax write off. Has no one on here run their own business before?
    If it was only that easy to write off cars as business expenses, I'd have a massive garage today.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

He's a complete asshole unless you have something he wants/needs. I'm glad he soaked that car.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Maybe he'll drop it off at Pick N' Pull

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by rage2

If it was only that easy to write off cars as business expenses, I'd have a massive garage today.
    If the car is owned by the business and not Zahir it's pretty easy...granted it wouldn't cover the finance costs of an Enzo, but it would make it possible to write off a large portion of the expenses assosciated with the car as they are expenses relevant to the promotion of the busines, it wouldn't even take creative bookkeeping to do...some of my family run a business doing small business management and accounting for nearly 100 different businesses, you'd be surprised at what Revenue Canada will allow you to write off.

The modifications to the car are a small fortune on their own, I could definitely see the benefits of it being a rolling banner.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

By all accounts (and according to the TN website), he was entered in the Grand Touring non-race division of the Targa, and yet somehow managed to put it in the ocean. Now that takes sack!
    isn't that the same division that the trailer park boys entered last year and received huge penalties for repeatedly going to fast?

They can drive the course as fast as they want, they're just not going to win much by doing so...there was some rule that prevented the trailer park boys from entering the "real" race class
    Last edited by Go4Long; 09-15-2011 at 04:48 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

That's because we live in alberta, the chances of rolling in to a lake in alberta are somewhat similar to the chances of rolling off a cliff and not landing in water in newfoundland.
    Do you have reading problems? I clearly stated that in race conditions, it would have been understandable (I would express great sadness for the man as well). Beyond that, you have no idea where I have raced or what have I done, do you now? But that's ok, you're just ignorant, not that that is an excuse either, but I digress.

The only reason anybody is hating on this is because of how he went about it. He was NOT racing. He was driving. Everybody would hate on him if he hit the ditch in the mountains somewhere while traveling to BC. This is the exact same situation. Combine that with people trying to say things like "it must of been the newfoundland roads" and its just all sorts of ridiculousness.

He goofed around, he paid the price. He won't get any pity from me

shitty deall

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

throw some hooks on and that would make a nice fishing lure

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

on another note, the article quotes local photographer mboldt who is out there with the ZR boys shooting the event. I'll be curious to see if he got a shot of it's flight.

Hahahahahaha he wrecked an enzo doing a TSD, he should get his license revoked.

For those of you that don't know, a TSD is a form of rally that sets strict limits on how fast you can go during every section of the course. The goal is to go precisely that speed, no faster, no slower, and reach the next checkpoint at the ideal calculated time, which based on the indicated speed and the time you started. Doing this in an Enzo would be "easy mode".

In addition, TSD's provide pacenotes, so dangerous corners would be outlined well ahead, not to mention being highlighted in any drivers meetings. The fact that he's wearing a racing suit just makes him look even more retarded as TSD's are about as dangerous as driving to the grocery store.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast