Quantcast
Bodyshop Deductible Repair? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bodyshop Deductible Repair?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default Bodyshop Deductible Repair?

Scenario.

I was recently in a rear end collision where a semi hit me from behind twice. Dropped my car off for repairs to be done at a bodyshop and heres where I'm confused.

My policy has a $500 deductible.

A couple parts there were getting replaced were a right side taillight $287.04 and a lower trim panel $132.49 = $419.53

I told bodyshop don't order the taillights/lower trim panel as the new taillights I ordered off Ebay have both pieces. Total was $608.44 w/shipping.

I picked up the car on Friday, receptionist said to square off the bill, I was to be given a $108.44 refund cuz $608.44 for parts I supplied - $500 deductible. (She said the $500 I pay now but insurance reimburses me the $500 later when settlement is done)

She calls me back a few hours later and said I would need to come back cuz she screwed up and I need to pay $332 or something. Can't recall the total.

Now I may be stupid but the #'s don't follow in my brain.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

If its under insurance, shouldn't you not be paying at all and the insurance company paying them?

If you do go back, make sure you deduct a sum off for your time and for the hassle. No reason you need to be paying for their mistakes.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Tell them to call your insurance company, why do you care?
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride

I'm so confused. I'll have to call my insurance company tomorrow morning to sort this out. From what I was told, I'd have to pay the $500 deductible to them upfront because the guy who hit me, his insurance company is having a hard time contacting him to get his side of the story and admit fault. And since he hasn't admitted fault yet, the deductible isn't waived yet.

But yet, my insurance already gave the go ahead for the bodyshop to repair everything which means they are footing the bill now and going after the other guys insurance to get reimbursed?
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

In that case, talk to your insurance company, see what they want to do and tell your CC company to keep an eye for any charges from the body shop, whole thing seems weird.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride

They're a reputable bodyshop. I deal with them on a daily basis when I'm working as I work at Nissan ordering parts for them so no problems there. I think the receptionist just didn't know what to charge me for.

The way I interpret it, they should be cutting me a cheque for $419.53 cause I supplied the parts to them. Insurance is paying them $419.53 anyway so I should be getting $419.53.

My Ride
    Lease

So why would you pay $608, when order locally would be $419???

My Ride

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    So why would you pay $608, when order locally would be $419???

My car is a 93 Nissan 240sx. The OEM lights/parts were $419.
    I figured since they're replacing the lights anyway, why don't I pay a little extra and get the Kouki JDM taillights. And I had to order on Ebay cuz it was a 1 week wait vs ordering from my work (Nissan) would of costed way more and 3-4 weeks from Japan.

My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

You are paying because the 3rd party insurance company hasn't ponied up to your insurance company yet. What you are doing is getting the repair fixed with your insurance company hence you need to pay the deductible. Once fault is assigned, the 3rd party's insurance company will pay your insurance company and they will reimburse you the deductible.