Quantcast
Where can I find an interneship for Drafting? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where can I find an interneship for Drafting?

Originally posted by ercchry
    is digital drafting the same as the EDDT course? if so, what a joke course... also i dont know of any company that would use autocad for that type of work... all about solidworks/inventor type programs
    companies that use solidworks/inventor/autodesk are mostly the structural/civil ones

Originally posted by Mostwanted
    Yeah i think digital drafting is not the same course.
    another question? with that Mike Laings website you guys gave me, do I just apply to any of them and ask for a apprenticeship/job/summer or do i have to look for piping companies, kind of confused on where and how to apply? if anyone can also assist me on that. Thanks!
    What I did was google map all the companies' location, wouldn't want to get a job thats all the way up North etc.

Did that, then I sent an email to the company including my resume asking if they are hiring any apprentice/job/summer/jr's

Originally posted by ercchry
    i mean the course in the first semester of EDDT called digital drafting... you have no idea how lucky you are to not have to have a certain instructor that was there when i was in EDDT... a couple years later he left i guess and another guy i was in school with had to train him at his company
    Oh there are still some annoying ones... no direct answer ffs.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

yeah, depends what you are doing really... but that course was all mechanical/structural "bits" that you had to draft up... so much pointless shit that those other programs just kind of do for you haha. im finding a lot of these civil design positions dont use any of those programs though. its all weird ones that have the word "plant" in the title.

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by trollolhah

What I did was google map all the companies' location, wouldn't want to get a job thats all the way up North etc.

Did that, then I sent an email to the company including my resume asking if they are hiring any apprentice/job/summer/jr's

Ok I started to apply, then I realized something. Should I apply at all the companies listed on the website? Im kinda of confused, i wanted something related to piping.

Originally posted by Mostwanted

Ok I started to apply, then I realized something. Should I apply at all the companies listed on the website? Im kinda of confused, i wanted something related to piping.
    To help you get started, apply at all the big players in the EPCM game - Fluor, SNC-Lavalin, Worley, Bantrel, Jacobs, Amec. Other companies that are right in downtown are IMV, Projex, and Snamprogetti. Goodluck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2