Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kincora/Evanston etc

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

Originally posted by schocker

booooooo I want target
    maybe bbb split with a giant wendys

What business do you have there?

If they built a wendys here I would need to put a recumbent bike in my office to work off all the baconators haha

I own the Jiffy Lube here!

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by topsecret

If they built a wendys here I would need to put a recumbent bike in my office to work off all the baconators haha

I own the Jiffy Lube here!
    Beyond discount?

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

Originally posted by bigbadboss101

Beyond discount?

Ill do 10% off for any beyond members!

Originally posted by avishal26
    Evanston prices seem to be going off the charts though... duplexes now listing for 500k! What have you folks seen in terms of house prices in the area - especially the newer part of Evanston
    Is this true???? I am in the finishing stages of completing the detached garage in my 1336 sq ft home a block from the new Catholic school I hate living up here and will look to sell in the near future. .. we bought for 350,000 in Jan of 2013...

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by Canucks3322

Is this true???? I am in the finishing stages of completing the detached garage in my 1336 sq ft home a block from the new Catholic school I hate living up here and will look to sell in the near future. .. we bought for 350,000 in Jan of 2013...
    Traffic up and down that road getting to you? Symons Valley is quoie busy but aside from that it's a nice area to live. The key is amenities and good neighbors.
    Last edited by bigbadboss101; 07-25-2014 at 03:30 PM.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

What specifically do you dislike about it? The general suburb vibe and distance, or Evanston itself?

Oh its just the daily commute back and forth downtown and some nights having to drive back out to hockey games. .. as for the route in and out another perk of my house is Im a block from 144 Ave which will be a major road some time soon. ...

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

So happy to see construction started on the 14th St entrance/exit.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

Haven't actually driven that way to see the signs so it will be paved out of Evanston onto 144 Ave to the 14st exit to stoney correct?

I know there's at least one duplex listed for $530k. There is one new build at $497k I think.

As for detached garage single family homes, they are also gaining a lot in value - I've seen some listed in $450k range... but around 1600 sq. ft.

Ya I think it may be prudent of me to stay here from an investment standpoint as I heard from a few places now that Evanston is getting pretty popular and should remain so... What do you guys think? Will Evanston become an even more desirable community once everything is done? This was my first home purchase and I really didn't research this aspect I knew I wanted to stay in the NW but that's as far as I knew I just chose Evanston over Nolan and Sage because it was really just up the hill on Beddington...I like the mixed home size concept as my home is the smallest on the block but like I said school around the block and a block from 144 ave and I heard the bigger houses in the vacinity actually gives my home more value?
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 07-27-2014 at 09:38 AM.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Well it only took 5+ years to get the two lanes in and out of Evanston fully paved......big thumbs up to the developers of our community! (insert sarcasm)

Anyone know of 144 ave is open again from Evanston to get to Center? ?

My Ride
    4Runner

Anyone know of 144 ave is open again from Evanston to get to Center? ?
    I haven't been that way this week, but as of last Wed (Aug 13) it wasn't. Detour up to 566 was in effect.

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 10:06 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Cos
    How is living in Evanston/Sage Hill lately? We're going house shopping on Monday and a couple on our list are in this area. Most are in Harvest Hills / Coventry but never know.

My commute is to Airdrie and my wife drives to Langdon (near Chestermere)
    sage hill has gotten better with more roads opening (link to sarcee, shag etc.). Sage hill crossing is under construction but currently only the portion bordering kincora. It looks as if sage hill farms is now defunct as the sign has a for sale. Symons valley road closing is still stupid especially since it won't be twinned until the future, just rebuilt. You can let me know if you have any specific questions cos as I am the #1 sage hill spokesperson.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Originally posted by Cos
    How is living in Evanston/Sage Hill lately? We're going house shopping on Monday and a couple on our list are in this area. Most are in Harvest Hills / Coventry but never know.

Commute to Airdrie isn't bad at all. If you don't mind driving on 144th Ave which is gravel. The plans are posted a few pages back showing that it will eventually be paved, but who knows when that will happen. Very easy to get out to Airdrie.

Same for getting out to Langdon. Take Stoney all the way around. I was in Chestermere over the weekend for a ball tournament and it didn't take more than 20 minutes to get out there.

I think once they have the 14th street westbound entrance/exit, this will improve things signficantly. The community itself is great.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by schocker

sage hill has gotten better with more roads opening (link to sarcee, shag etc.). Sage hill crossing is under construction but currently only the portion bordering kincora. It looks as if sage hill farms is now defunct as the sign has a for sale. Symons valley road closing is still stupid especially since it won't be twinned until the future, just rebuilt. You can let me know if you have any specific questions cos as I am the #1 sage hill spokesperson.
    Gates of Nolan Hill is also being built which will have Sobeys, Petro Can, Starbucks, state and main, and some other stores. Should be open next year, so that is another close by option if you look at sage hill/nolan hill.

Shocker if you look they have dug way down on Symons Valley road. Probably easier to close it now to do all the support work when the road isn't super busy then when Walmart/Supidstore opens up .

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by BigDL
    Gates of Nolan Hill is also being built which will have Sobeys, Petro Can, Starbucks, state and main, and some other stores. Should be open next year, so that is another close by option if you look at sage hill/nolan hill.

Shocker if you look they have dug way down on Symons Valley road. Probably easier to close it now to do all the support work when the road isn't super busy then when Walmart/Supidstore opens up .
    Yeah, I am looking forward to that as it would be about walking distance for me. There is also the deveopment being built at 144th & shag which will be a bit bigger than gates of nolan hill.

I saw the symon valley bit when I was at the farmers market yesterday but I just find it stupid for them to not twin it from the get go when they have the opportunity and time.

Is the loblaws going to be superstore though, the plans just say loblaws, hopefully not no frills but I thought they had a third store chain.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Originally posted by Cos

It won't be as good as your commute from Coventry but still pretty decent. You know you really need to move to Kincora instead of Evanston so I can see more of that sweet Mustang!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast