Quantcast
Kincora/Evanston etc - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Kincora/Evanston etc

My Ride
    Trucks

Originally posted by schocker

Gotcha. I haven't been up that road in a year or two. Main reason I never looked at houses in evanston
    They better be building a Timmies in this complex cause the closest one is like a 15 minute drive. Very un-Canadian.

My Ride
    Grimace

I just want a fast food place here where I can get a f'n burger without driving to royaloak which is only smash burger and soon 5guys

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Didn't someone say a while back that Walmart was suppose to take over the old Rona space in Creekside mall? It's still completely empty. Anyone know what the plan is with it?
    Calgary Deals Blog - All of Calgary's Best Deals in One Place.

My Ride
    RSTi

Originally posted by A2VR6

At least they finished shaghanappi... I'm still waiting for the 14th street overpass to be completed so I can actually get on stoney westbound which was supposed to be completed in fall 2011
    This...I hate having to drive all the way through Panorama every day to get to my house when it's 30 seconds from where that overpass should be.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by GDCivicSi
    Didn't someone say a while back that Walmart was suppose to take over the old Rona space in Creekside mall? It's still completely empty. Anyone know what the plan is with it?
    I think that ended long ago. I heard target might be looking at it now maybe

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by cornelius85
    Yeah should be good. I know in the new development we are getting another pub which will be nice to have another option to stumble home from. Will be nice when we have some more businesses come in. I can't believe that Rona has been empty all this time.
    Is this pub slated for the Evanston Towne Centre? That would be awesome, much shorter stumble than Scotsman's Well

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

The last rumor I heard was Target was slated for that old Rona and it would be a 2016 opening, probably has something to do with the soft opening of the rest of the stores!

My Ride
    4Runner

Supposedly the show homes are showing a Tim's on the community map across from Sobey's (next to the old folks home).

Default Re: Kincora/Evanston etc

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    For those of you who are in Kincora, are you planning to stay? I must say I am quite happy with my house. The street I am on is relatively quiet and the house itself is great. The neighbors are decent. I do notice in the last 2 years traffic on Symons Valley has become much busier. People in Evanston, Sage Hill etc added a lot to the traffic. I don’t know what the situation is when it comes to another way out to get onto Deerfoot but I find traffic after 6:30 am on work days is now heavier than I liked. I am considering moving somewhere more inner city.

Hi, if you are interested, Sage Meadows residents have started a campaign to have the trucks going to the BLV Spy Hill Gravel Pit diverted: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sage-...14124128670571

We have counted over 300 dump trucks an hour, about 2000 a day in fact going past Sage Meadows, starting at 5 am. We have met with our MLA and are going to be meeting with our Alderman and have been liasing with the Minister of Transportation office. More info covered there.... thanks!

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by sagemeadows
    Hi, if you are interested, Sage Meadows residents have started a campaign to have the trucks going to the BLV Spy Hill Gravel Pit diverted: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sage-...14124128670571

We have counted over 300 dump trucks an hour, about 2000 a day in fact going past Sage Meadows, starting at 5 am. We have met with our MLA and are going to be meeting with our Alderman and have been liasing with the Minister of Transportation office. More info covered there.... thanks!

I dont really understand what you are bitching about? did you expect development to completely stop after you moved? This is the price you pay for the first few years going into a new community.

Hmmmmmm....username Sagemeadows, on beyond.ca, most likely Asian.....I'd be willing to bet good money it's the same guy that's been on the news who taped the redneck lady...

I don't see the big fuss, I've been in Evansridge now for over a month and have no issues whatsoever with dump trucks....and I've gone to and fro at all times and days of the week? I come down the same way on Symons Valley from Sage Meadows too to whereever I'm going....

And wtf? you actually sat for an hour and counted dump trucks?!?

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

The only thing I hate about the trucks is when they decide to drive side by side down Symonds Valley road right by Creakside.

My Ride
    Audi

bump to this.

Just went to the open house for the new Emerald Sky in Kincora.

665 units total (mix of townhomes/condos). The bigger buildings are 6 stories, smaller are 3 story townhomes. Parking is ~800 total stalls, however 100 are for visitors so that's just over 1 stall per unit.

Also so on the dev plan - there's still another ~585 possible units just west of it(one area zoned for 385 one for 200 units).

They're expecting the condos to be in the ~200 range, and the townhomes in the ~300 range.

My Ride
    Busa

Originally posted by hampstor
    bump to this.

665 units total (mix of townhomes/condos). The bigger buildings are 6 stories, smaller are 3 story townhomes. Parking is ~800 total stalls, however 100 are for visitors so that's just over 1 stall per unit.

Also so on the dev plan - there's still another ~585 possible units just west of it(one area zoned for 385 one for 200 units).

They're expecting the condos to be in the ~200 range, and the townhomes in the ~300 range.
    Tried to make it tonight but just couldn't swing it. Behind with work at the moment. No rest for the wicked I guess.

My Ride
    TDi

Awesome. Mini-sobeys, petro, and starbucks opening up in Nolan Hill across from the new townhouses on shag.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by 403ep3
    Awesome. Mini-sobeys, petro, and starbucks opening up in Nolan Hill across from the new townhouses on shag.
    Where did you get the updated info?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by hampstor

665 units total (
    I'm so not pleased. I live just around the corner from those developments.

1) There is going to be too much traffic going down Kincora Glen Road. It's perfectly fine now, but the vast majority of those living in these new developments will use that route - even when/if they open up 37th.

2) Don't get me wrong - there is nothing wrong with living in a condo. I did so for many years. But there is a universal truth to the fact that high density properties tend to breed a higher crime rate.

3) The condo renderings look just fine. But they don't at all reflect the look and feel of Kincora. When I built, I was heavily restricted to how my place looked to ensure that it "fit" in the community. Now, it appears nobody gives a shit.

4) All three of the above have and will continue to reduce my property value. Not pleased about that.

I was perfectly fine with the townhouses coming in. They visually fit into the neighborhood (save for the multicolour blocks) and there aren't a shit ton of them. But the kind of large-scale development of Emerald Sky I can certainly do without.

Aren't those Emerald sky condos being built by the Carlisle group, the same company as "Point of view"?

If they are, I would stay away given all the negative publicity

First-time buyer’s duplex close to work, packed with value

BY JOSH SKAPIN, CALGARY HERALD MARCH 27, 2014

STORYPHOTOS ( 5 )

First-time buyer’s duplex close to work, packed with value

Salma Dossani bought a 1,343-square foot model called the Claremont. It has three bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms and a front-attached two-car garage. Michelle Hofer/for the Calgary Herald
    Photograph by: Michelle Hofer , for the Calgary Herald
    When Salma Dossani started her search for her first home, she didn’t expect to end up in a bright two-storey model with a yard. But that’s where the 26-year-old landed, with a new duplex in Evanston.

“It allowed me to have a bit more privacy and it’s still the size of a single-family home,” says Dossani, adding the duplex route was “cost friendly.”

She bought a 1,343-square foot model called the Claremont by Broadview Homes. This home has three bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms and a front-attached two-car garage.

The builder’s Sorrento duplex model in Evanston won in the category of best Townhome or Duplex under $325,000 at the 2012 Alberta Awards of Excellence in Housing. Broadview is one of a veteran group of duplex builders in the northwest community, including Trico Homes, Pacesetter by Sterling Homes and NuVista Homes. These homes start from the low $400,000s, including lot and GST. Duplexes in Evanston are currently selling out of a 96-lot phase.

The subdivision is in northwest Calgary, off Symons Valley Road, and master-planned by Qualico. Dossani says the area was a selling feature for her.

“I really liked that it was a little bit newer but it’s a bigger area and has been established for a while,” Dossani adds. “It seemed like a nice, quiet neighbourhood.”

When deciding where to live, time behind the wheel between home and work is an important consideration for many home buyers and Dossani is no different.

“It’s about a 15-minute drive from here, which is really nice,” says Dossani, a registered nurse, who works at the Foothills Hospital.

Another benefit to buying in Evanston is the built-in amenities. It’s near the shops and services of Creekside Shopping Centre, Beddington Towne Centre and Country Hills Towne Centre. Within the community, there’s open space, playgrounds and a gazebo. Evanston even has two new schools approved for construction.

“For first-time buyers, that’s a great opportunity for them to get into the neighbourhood from a ground-up level,” says Maribeth Janikowski of Qualico.

Qualico’s northeast Calgary community of Redstone also boasts a wide range of duplex options.

“If buyers enjoy it and like being there, there are lots of opportunities to move up and go from there,” says Janikowski of Evanston, which also offers laned and move-up homes.

Another valuable perk is the community’s connectivity, says Janikowski. It’s easy to reach the city’s major arteries.

“There’s great access to Deerfoot and Stoney Trail,” she adds. “They also have access to the airport. It makes it quite a convenient location.”

All homes in Evanston are constructed to the developer’s water conservation standards, including low-water usage faucets and toilets, insulated hot water taps and Energy Star dishwashers and washing machines.

A new show home parade featuring duplex options is under construction in Evanston and expected to be open in the second half of 2014. While the first duplex show home parade is closed, builders are selling duplex options out of single-family show homes in the community.

Dossani picked the Claremont, one of four models Broadview offers, based on seeing it as a show home in the first duplex show home parade in Evanston.

“I fell in love with it,” says Dossani. “I was looking for something that was really open-concept and had lots of natural light which is why I picked the lot that I picked,” she notes. “It’s got a ton of sunlight which is nice and it’s got great floor-to-ceiling windows on the main floor. That’s something that really attracted me to it.”

Dossani took possession of her home late last summer, so she hasn’t had the opportunity to take full advantage of her yard. But when the snow melts, that will change.

“I love to garden, so I’m pretty excited about spending the summer outside,” she adds.

What you need to know

Project: Duplexes in Evanston

Builders: NuVista Homes, Pacesetter by Sterling Homes, Trico Homes and Broadview Homes.

Area: Evanston is a master-planned community in northwest Calgary.

Developer: Qualico.

Prices: Duplexes are available from the low $400,000s, including lot and GST.

Directions: To get to Evanston, take Beddington Trail to Symons Valley Road and turn right on Evanston View.

Information: Visit qualicocommunities.com

About the buyer

Salma Dossani

Background: Dossani is a registered nurse who works at the Foothills Hospital. Last year, she decided to buy her first home and found what she was looking for in Evanston. She liked the affordable yet spacious options in the community’s line of duplexes. She bought a Claremont through Broadview Homes. She gives top marks to the home’s open-concept and bright design. Dossani likes to garden and looks forward to the weather improving so she can make use of her yard.

[email protected]

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald
    - See more at: http://www.househunting.ca/calgary/F....LdS77nBF.dpuf

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast