Quantcast
Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill

Question for those who currently live in Evanston - how are the morning and rush-hour traffic conditions down Symons Valley Pkwy at Symons Valley Road/Beddington intersection? I believe this is the main access into the community... Is it a big jam session?

Considering building in Evanrisdge.

Thanks

My Ride
    TDi

My parents live in Evanston and normally it's bearable. In the winter, on the other hand, leave early!
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by 403ep3
    My parents live in Evanston and normally it's bearable. In the winter, on the other hand, leave early!
    Bottleneck on main entry/exit routes?

Other than Symon Valley or whatever it's called, what other routes are available to get in and out?

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by flipstah
    Bottleneck on main entry/exit routes?

Other than Symon Valley or whatever it's called, what other routes are available to get in and out?
    You can take 112th Avenue or take Panorama road off H 566. Sage hill is king shit for in and out roads.

I lived in Kincora and moved to Evansridge, you can most definitely compare them, they all are in the same immediate area. Kincora has a slightly better access point to Symon's Valley in terms of location, but that is arguable because the hill entrance gets jam packed on snowy days like today and I think the through traffic from Sage Hill/Evanston has better flow through than Kincora.

One of the big things I liked about Kincora is the small community feel. Essentially the majority of the community is located within one big main road that loops. The greenspace was nice, and I did like the consistent appearance of the houses. The cell phone tower disguised as a lighthouse was also interesting. The reason we moved was to upsize and in my opinion Kincora doesn't support moving up within the community very well. Someone said above that on average Kincora is more expensive, and I would agree with that, because all their homes are virtually in the same price range and demographic, there is a rarity of three car garages. I saw one the entire time I lived there, it's located in one of the Kincora Bay cul-de-sac's (can't remember which one) and the extra stall is tight against the next house. The lot sizes in Kincora are not conducive to much more than a typical two car attached 2 story home.

Evanston will be cheaper on average, you have ~1500 sq.ft starter homes and back lane garage homes, than across the street on the ridge you have three car garage homes at ~3000 sq.ft. I'm not a huge fan of this as I think it takes down the overall aesthetic of the community plus you get price discrepencies from $300K to $1M in one block which I think is crazy, but it does allow people to move up within the community easily. So if you like the area but want something bigger you don't have to move to a new area. The overall size of Evanston will be big when they are done with it, likely on par with Panorama Hills. All that means is more people more traffic etc. But developers are also aware of this which is why Evanston is getting a shopping complex and 2 schools.

The road on Symons Valley Parkway is a pain on bad weather days, all I can say is leave early. On the majority of days it's actually not bad at all. Eventually additional accesses will be made to Evanston farther down Symons Valley Road so something to think about.

As long as you leave early (like 6ish am) on days like today, the traffic down to Symons Valley from Evanston is not too bad.

All the city needs to do is fix the damn intersection lights on Symons Valley that turn red and stop 100% of the traffic for no reason ... they need sensing lights so that it changes based on traffic not due to some stupid pre-set timing /rant.

Another road that should be done within a year is continuation of Symons Valley Parkway out to 14 st NW to go out to Stoney... makes it easier if you're going that way and should drop the traffic load on Symons Valley at least by 25% I would say.

My Ride
    4Runner

Three of the four lights between Symons Valley Parkway and Stoney Trail are flashing amber before 6:30AM, if I can make it out before then it saves a few minutes.

Has there been confirmation of when the 14th St access to Stoney will be installed? Within the next year would be awesome... I know Joe Magliocca has talked about it but haven't seen anything official.

In other news, Sobeys opens this Friday at Symons Valley Parkway and Evanston Way. I see there is a DQ, RBC and Little Caesar's going in there also. Anyone know if they'll be putting in a Tim's or a pub?

I assume they'll get working on that 14th St. overpass in late 2014, once the last phase in Panorama wraps up.

I've seen a future Tim's marked up on a map.

Just found this brochure for evanston towne centre

http://www.evanstoncommunity.com/cli...or_website.pdf

Hope the Gas bar is a Petro Canada.. with a "glide car wash"...

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by Deeznuts
    Just found this brochure for evanston towne centre

http://www.evanstoncommunity.com/cli...or_website.pdf
    Thanks for the link. In the bottom picture it looks like a patio - man, a pub would be nice.

Originally posted by fajita123
    Three of the four lights between Symons Valley Parkway and Stoney Trail are flashing amber before 6:30AM, if I can make it out before then it saves a few minutes.

Has there been confirmation of when the 14th St access to Stoney will be installed? Within the next year would be awesome... I know Joe Magliocca has talked about it but haven't seen anything official.

In other news, Sobeys opens this Friday at Symons Valley Parkway and Evanston Way. I see there is a DQ, RBC and Little Caesar's going in there also. Anyone know if they'll be putting in a Tim's or a pub?
    Good to know Sobey's is opening this Friday. Now instead of driving 7 min to Co-op I can drive 30 seconds

I know 3 of the lights flash before 6:30 and I'm almost always there before then, but lately it's been taking forever to get down the hill from Evanston...

As for the 14th overpass, the grading was all done way back looks like on Stoney Tr for on/off ramps - its just a matter of when they start putting up a bridge... its less time consuming to put up steel concrete to put up a bridge than to grade all the on/off ramps. It just depends on when they start...

They might even just extend Symon's valley pkwy to Centre St. overpass first since that is already built.

I would love to see the 14 street overpass built, it might even be faster to loop around Stoney and back to Beddington rather than for down Symons Valley Road in the morning..

I visited the Sobeys and I guess it's the first "of its kind" in Alberta, because its much smaller, has some good fresh food options but no Pharmacy which was disappointing..It's also much smaller than your typical Sobeys..

Also, anyone know what is going into the old Rona space in the Creekside shopping centre? I heard rumours of Target but no signs have gone up yet..

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by fajita123

AFAIK there's been no official confirmation of the start date. It is linking to a provincial highway so the city needs to align with the province on the construction of it. The Minster of Transportation was made aware of the concerns about the lack of a 2nd entrance - but we haven't heard anything of it since that discussion. To be honest, I'm not even sure they have figured out who's paying for it first (City, Province, or both).

It's funny you mentioned Joe as some of us in Kincora were just talking about his 14th street election promise. I believe during the candidate forum at the SV Church Joe did say he'd have it done within 6 months of being elected.

Originally posted by zooter
    I would love to see the 14 street overpass built, it might even be faster to loop around Stoney and back to Beddington rather than for down Symons Valley Road in the morning..

I visited the Sobeys and I guess it's the first "of its kind" in Alberta, because its much smaller, has some good fresh food options but no Pharmacy which was disappointing..It's also much smaller than your typical Sobeys..

Also, anyone know what is going into the old Rona space in the Creekside shopping centre? I heard rumours of Target but no signs have gone up yet..
    I think there is a plan to have a Sobey's Medical or something right next to Sobeys? I saw it on this link..

Evanston Town Square

I wonder why Rona shut down? A hardware store 2 min from a community that is developing like crazy??? Fail? I would not have thought so.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by avishal26

I think there is a plan to have a Sobey's Medical or something right next to Sobeys? I saw it on this link..

Evanston Town Square

I wonder why Rona shut down? A hardware store 2 min from a community that is developing like crazy??? Fail? I would not have thought so.
    I think I remember someone saying that the rent for that space was just too much.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Paintball. I thought it was open already?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    4Runner

I checked out the Sobey's too. Definitely a different layout, but I like it. Never noticed the lack of pharmacy.. too bad.

I had heard rumour of a Target in the old Rona too, but haven't seen anything happening there. They have the building interior it at night and it looks completely empty. I know when they were renovating Zellers stores to become Target, they had large "Coming Soon" signs with Target logos. I'm not sure what the plan for that place is, but it's a large building to have sitting empty.

Originally posted by avishal26

Evanston Town Square

Not sure on why they weren't successful. It's been shut down since I moved here, but I may have driven up the hill to Home Depot anyway. Not a fan of Rona...

There is a two storey building under construction next to the Sobey's, I wonder if this will be the medical/dental offices? I do hope they have a pharmacy in the area.

Edit - Also, anyone know when the Sobey's liquor store is going to open? Had an "open soon" sign on it yesterday.
    Last edited by fajita123; 12-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.

I bet the "Drug Store" on the south end of that complex will be a Rexall, like Gates of Panorama.

Sales lady at one of the showhomes in the area did confirm last week that it will be Target at Creekside.

My Ride
    Grimace

The rona was horrible. They only ever had like 4 people working the store at one time so it made more sense to go to homedepot where you didn't to wait forever for help or to check out. I have also heard target though, that would be much nicer than walmart, I heard it was like late 2014 or 2015 though iirc. Still far out. Walmart is going in right next to kincora though, have fun guys

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast