Quantcast
2015 Lexus RC-F Coupe - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 2015 Lexus RC-F Coupe

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Aren't these pretty heavy and perform more in line with a Camaro and Mustang than typical $90k cars?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, you're not buying a RC-F for outright speed. The track performance is more in last with the last generation of cars in that segment, IS-F, E92 M3, W204 C63.

With that being said, it's an OK street car. I drove the black demo last week, and it felt pretty good around corners. It sounds way better than the M4 thanks to an NA V8, and it's nice not to have any throttle lag. But yea, it's not going to blow you away in terms of performance, and the M4 just destroys it in every performance metric you can measure.

It wasn't worth it at $90k. At <$75k however, it's not too shabby.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Dear rage2,

Could you please do a long term review of your RCF? Any lease deals on the RCF/GSF?

Thxs
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Deals are gone for the RC-F. The only reason why Lexus gave $15k cash incentives last year was because dealers ordered them and they didn't sell, and they needed to get rid of them. They're not making the same mistake again. For 2016's, it's order only. None in stock (unless dealers take the risk themselves on a not selling one). No incentives coming this year for RC-F or 0% finance/lease deals from what I was told.

Long term review, I'm enjoying the car. It's not as raw as my C63 BS, but I've worked on setting up the car to mimic the behavior quite nicely. Out of the box it was meh, but now, it has terrific turn in, great trail brake oversteer, and power on drifting abilities. My only complaint? It's too predictable. After 2000km's with the car, I knew exactly what's going to happen if I did a something. There's no drama. With the C63BS and especially the CLK63BS, it seemed like I learn something new about it's handling trait every few times I drive it hard.

I spent a lot of time setting up the suspension on the RC-F to handle exactly the way I liked to suit my driving style. It's pretty detailed here, I kinda derailed that thread with my changes:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f...pressures.html

A drawback with the tweaks and the odd tire pressures, the car is really tire pressure sensitive. It doesn't handle as well, either too much oversteer or too much understeer if the tires aren't at it's optimum tire pressure window. #becauseracecar
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

It looks like the GSF is going to suffer the same fate of the RCF's from last year. Between the 4 dealerships in Calgary and Edmonton there are 6 GSF's for sale. 4 RCF's up in Edmonton, none in Calgary posted. I'm hoping at least.

How has the reliability been? (most likely a silly question being that it is a Lexus).
    Last edited by Toms-SC; 06-03-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No mechanical problems, but I've only just cracked 5000km on it. My gf is hoping for problems, because she's the one that takes it in for service to get her free pedicures lol.

I'm actually surprised at the JD Power rankings for Lexus being so high. Most of the problems per 100 cars or whatever metrics is to do with the infotainment system. Maybe it's because it's so bad that it's unfixable, so nobody even bothers to complain about it. It's pretty much unusable, and I've resorted to using Siri for everything in the car while driving. I can't even skip songs using the car controls on a big playlist (50+ songs) without the damn thing locking up or getting stuck "getting information from ipod". Hey Siri, skip song is the only way to reliably change songs, or actually using the iPhone controls if you're willing to risk a distracted driving ticket.

When did you pick it up and is it your DD? I'd like to make a note in my Outlook to start looking around Lexus dealerships at that time. Thanks much
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

August was when I first heard of the deals. At that time it was IIRC $10k cash incentives and 0% financing. September turned into $15k incentives and 1% financing. I bought in September.

It's my summer DD when it's not raining. I actually put most of the kms on over the winter since ours was so mild this year. I typically put about 5000km a year on my summer car.

Excellent. Thanks. Ran a car cost canada report on the GS-F and there are no factory incentives as of yet. Pretty neat to note that the GS-F has 8-9K of dealership mark up.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    Excellent. Thanks. Ran a car cost canada report on the GS-F and there are no factory incentives as of yet. Pretty neat to note that the GS-F has 8-9K of dealership mark up.
    Unless there is landed stock, they will not pass that on to you.

I think dealership rarely stock anything that's over $70K. At that point, there is quite a risk that customer may want some customization.

Just look at BMW, they are putting $13K on the hood of all remaining stock of 5 series.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3