Quantcast
Imminent Housing Crash - Page 69 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2035

Thread: Imminent Housing Crash

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I wouldn't have guessed that was the one you were talking about... there is so much worse out there, haha

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...V9-Aspen-Woods
    WTF!

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

I wouldn't have guessed that was the one you were talking about... there is so much worse out there, haha

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...V9-Aspen-Woods

There is definitely worse out there... Don't get me started on that abortion-style home in Aspen!

To be clear, I don't mind the Rideau house, but it really isn't anything unique and certainly nothing special when you consider the asking price.

I thought the earlier conversation was more about a lack of true architectural design, which is especially apparent at higher price points. It's annoying to have cookie cutters at the Aspen or basic infill price levels, but it's almost insulting to have cookie cutter design at 2, 3 or 4++ million, which is exactly what the Rideau house is.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Oh I fully agree, the asking price of the Rideau house is ridiculous... and you are right, for that price, we should be expecting quite a bit more.

There are a bunch of these "contemporary cookie cutters" in the Aspen Summit area.... I love that they toss them in between "traditional" style homes so the entire neighbourhood feels like an awful clash of Gucci, Guess, and Gap.

My Ride

You should use spoiler tags before posting shit like that

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Oh I fully agree, the asking price of the Rideau house is ridiculous... and you are right, for that price, we should be expecting quite a bit more.

There are a bunch of these "contemporary cookie cutters" in the Aspen Summit area.... I love that they toss them in between "traditional" style homes so the entire neighbourhood feels like an awful clash of Gucci, Guess, and Gap.
    You guys would be surprised on the amount of homes build in the inner-city with only double car garage's. I think anyone who builds on a 50 foot lot should do it for resale more then anything.

The home in Rideau is slick, ive been though it a few times, tough sell is the style..its geared towards a single male bachelor. I have a very similar home to this, I had to pull back all the guy stuff and make it geared towards both men, woman and families.

This one in Bankview is one of my favorites now, as far as exterior styling goes.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

This housing market seems to only really affect Calgary, I went to Edmonton on the weekend and no one up there is seeing big declines in their house value (more than usual) or good buys as a few are looking to upgrade.

Also I know a fuck load more people in Calgary that are out of work versus our group of friends in Edmonton, you dont see in the news "Edmonton based company lays off 400 in one day"
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by nzwasp
    This housing market seems to only really affect Calgary, I went to Edmonton on the weekend and no one up there is seeing big declines in their house value (more than usual) or good buys as a few are looking to upgrade.

Also I know a fuck load more people in Calgary that are out of work versus our group of friends in Edmonton, you dont see in the news "Edmonton based company lays off 400 in one day"
    Because project get cancelled first, lay off for all the people involved in them. Then it'll work down the line eventually. 2015 was still good for Spartan Controls as they are finishing off 2014 orders. But they expect a disaster of a year for 2016.

Once that materializes, the manufacturing and services sector (which is mostly Edmonton) will contract. But Edmonton also has a lot more government workers. So that may have soften the blow.

My Ride

Originally posted by JordanLotoski

You guys would be surprised on the amount of homes build in the inner-city with only double car garage's. I think anyone who builds on a 50 foot lot should do it for resale more then anything.

The home in Rideau is slick, ive been though it a few times, tough sell is the style..its geared towards a single male bachelor. I have a very similar home to this, I had to pull back all the guy stuff and make it geared towards both men, woman and families.

This one in Bankview is one of my favorites now, as far as exterior styling goes.

I have a friend that lives across the street and have been watching that one go up. Great looking house, from a developer that does actually seem to get "it".

I wouldn't call the Rideau house a bachelor pad, but there are some glaring oversights and omissions (that would have been easy enough to incorporate) that keep it from being remotely family friendly. Back to my point - just a "thoughtless design".
    Last edited by you&me; 02-16-2016 at 05:04 PM.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

These front drive garages are killing me. On a narrow lot up against the river, I realize you have little choice, but the street treatment of that Bankview house is horrendous, and the lot contour is an obvious afterthought to the design.

I won't even comment on the third trimester abortion in Aspen...

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by bspot
    These front drive garages are killing me. On a narrow lot up against the river, I realize you have little choice, but the street treatment of that Bankview house is horrendous, and the lot contour is an obvious afterthought to the design.

I won't even comment on the third trimester abortion in Aspen...
    wow, show me what your ideal exterior is?

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

wow, show me what your ideal exterior is?
    whatever the front of his moms house looks like probably, since that's where he lives.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

If going for something comparable with a flat roof (not my favorite style to start with, as it's basically the inner city McMansion these days) I'd go with something like this:

Notice how the front of the building has many different faces instead of generally one big blank slab ?

And no cheesy rail-less glass patio on top of a blank concrete wall.

For dealing with a side slope, still nothing great for street engagement, but this at least has some effort on the street facing materials (don't love this house overall, and still lazy with handling the slop):

For modern houses on narrow lots, I really like the style with an angled roof done in metal siding where the metal siding comes down both sides and the front is a recessed wood face. The interior is typically an open stairwell and you have a full face of windows on the front and back that you can basically see through the whole house. The example I like best doesn't seem to be on street view yet, but here's one that gives a rough idea of the style:

https://goo.gl/maps/jsoVbFdT98E2
    Last edited by bspot; 02-16-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 03:11 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by JamMan23

Have to say, see those in Panorama Estate as well. Stick out not in a good way.

My Ride
    Looking for a new ride

That is a gorgeous house. It really does appeal to those who like a modern aesthetic.

My personal preference is for Mid-Century Modern styles. They offer something timeless and classic at the same time. Hard to explain. This home has that type of vibe.

Thank you for sharing Jordan!!

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

[B]^^ Not to burst your bubble, but your first image also has "cheesy rail-less glass" on the main level beside the entrance and in front of a grade patio area
    Yes, but with the lack of home depot aluminum uprights, it actually looks classy.

They are interesting designs to look at, my own preference for good contemporary design is a more simple look. There is a bit too much going on in those for me.
    Agreed. Don't love the style at all, unless very well done, and in a somewhat unique way. That is why the houses with metal siding on the sides that continues up over the roof (like the streetview link I posted) really appeal to me. Usually a simple front face, very understated overall, and really cool potential inside.

Anyone know the name of this style or more examples? I've seen them in town but can't find anything for online pictures.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by RealJimmyJames

whatever the front of his moms house looks like probably, since that's where he lives.
    My mom's place is your typical uninspired front garage street killing house. It's pretty nice inside, and they've done well with their yard, but I prefer something a little...

Originally posted by Xtrema

Have to say, see those in Panorama Estate as well. Stick out not in a good way.
    I think the newer sections of Walden have improved. Back when they started in 2008 not enough people bought the modern designs.

Here is a newer area:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.87117...2!8i6656?hl=en

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by macman64

I think the newer sections of Walden have improved. Back when they started in 2008 not enough people bought the modern designs.

Here is a newer area:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.87117...2!8i6656?hl=en
    Call me old fashion, these will look like shit in about 10 years.

Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast