2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

I bought this online this past weekend.

This rarely goes on sale.

iSmart Alarm Home Security System
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...aa875a43eben02
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    CBR 929

Getting tired of Vivint coming around door to door....

They play all sweet and ask you your name, then go to your neighbors and are like "Do you know your neighbor XXXXX just up the road? We just installed XXXXX system in their home".... and yes they only give a "deal" to "two" houses per day lol.

[url]

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by vw_rabbit2.5
    i just called united for a quote:

They have an anniversary special right now for $29.99/month, but you need to have a landline. This package uses an older control unit (non touchscreen).
    http://www.unitedalarm.ca/special-promotions/#

If you don't have a landline, then there's a gold package for $34.95 a month that includes the touchscreen.

Both of these plans were on a 38 month contract. Has anyone had success at negotiating a shorter contract term? If so, any tips on how to negotiate this?
    Not bad, I am using the gold package myself. I like the control panel. If you don't know anyone else on it, i could use the referral

I've been trying to get a quote from ADT, but they seem to only want to send out a field salesman to speak with me. I would rather just get a quick quote over the phone. Does anyone have ADT, and have some reviews on their services/pricing?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by vw_rabbit2.5
    I've been trying to get a quote from ADT, but they seem to only want to send out a field salesman to speak with me. I would rather just get a quick quote over the phone. Does anyone have ADT, and have some reviews on their services/pricing?
    I have ADT and Im pretty sure they send a field sales guy out as they only provide the service and have independent companies conduct the sales. Similar to buying a car from an independently owned dealer and not from the manufacturer directly. Ive been happy with ADT and the call centre is local in Calgary so they at least understand the area that you are in. I pay 49.99/mo. Burglary/Fire/Carbon Mono monitoring. It comes with the app that allows you to arm/disarm the system and monitor when doors/windows were opened. Nothing earth shattering but ive been happy with it and the system is completely wireless and can be moved to another home if you move. Id look for a list of the retailers from ADT and work with them that way.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    WRX LTD / Civic Si /RAV4

Any updates from others? I now also see Rogers is offering home security.

I am thinking of getting a wireless GSM system, that has motion, monitors doors and windows. And just buy a couple of my own wifi cameras.

I was leaning towards vivant or supreme, but on the fence which would be better.

Thoughts?
    --For SALE or Trade--

iPhones
    Maui Jim Sunglasses

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

I was going to go with a self monitoring system but ended up with Vivint for the insurance break.

I like it a lot and for 59$ a month a cant complain.

I love the live video feature with auto record on movement.

Professionally Retired

it took a while, but i think we're gonna go with vivint, too. a friend of mine is pretty happy with them, and from what i've read on here, there aren't ang concerns.

i would really like to add a rear camera (prompted by that video on discovery ridge that's been going around), and would like equipment to be hardwired, because we already spent the money pre-wiring our newly-built house lol.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by KPHMPH
    I was going to go with a self monitoring system but ended up with Vivint for the insurance break.

I like it a lot and for 59$ a month a cant complain.

I love the live video feature with auto record on movement.

The insurance break is only 5% which is fuck all really, when vivint came round they told me the break would be 15% which is fucking bullshit as its not true.

Originally posted by nj2Type-S

i would really like to add a rear camera (prompted by that video on discovery ridge that's been going around), and would like equipment to be hardwired, because we already spent the money pre-wiring our newly-built house lol.
    I've also seen this video and decided putting an old baseball bat in my sliding door well was the solution. Although you should also double check that you've locked your basement windows too.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 10-15-2015 at 08:36 AM.

how much of a discount were you guys able to get from your insurance provider by having a securty system installed?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Before I disconnected my system, I was saving maybe four bucks a month.

Haven't missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Trucks

Protectron (now is ADT) use to push for home and auto insurance through Liberty Insurance up in Edmonton. The savings actually covered the monthly fee plus $20 more, so it did work out for me. The insurance part was a surprising pleasant experience as I generally despise all insurance companies.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Yeah the savings from insurance isn't crazy, its more the piece of mind that your house is "semi" protected.

But in the end, if the thief wants in, nothing will stop him.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

i'm with state farm, and if it's even 10% off/mo, it still adds up lol.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Yeah the savings from insurance isn't crazy, its more the piece of mind that your house is "semi" protected.

But in the end, if the thief wants in, nothing will stop him.
    I cant remember the username of the cop on the forum but he only used a self monitored system and I think that would be better than ADT of which I have now. Because with ADT if I do get a break in they will send out a security guard and maybe the cops will shows up 4 hours later.

Self monitored - see it in progress call 911 and they are there a few mins later.

Also last night there were a large group of young men in my area checking out cars, causing mischief and acting suspicious, I called the police non emergency line and the cops showed up 5 mins later, and they had a firm speaking to the guys that were around.

My Ride
    Trucks

Any new monitored system is likely going to have cameras as well. If I see a break-in at home there is zero chance of me not calling the police myself. The police not responding immediately to an alarm from a monitoring company is completely irrelevant as long as the fire dept will to a fire alarm.

what are the typical contract duration for these services? 5 years seems to be a long time. i'm scared to know the cost for cancelling early..

My Ride
    Trucks

They try to push for 5 year contracts but it is negotiable.

My Ride
    e92

bump. was at home depot yesterday and seen a "wink hub" system that integrates things such as a video doorbell and door lock automation. was also thinking vivint does likely the same thing just with a monitoring system. anyone got any new promos through vinvint lately or use this wink hub system at all?

Originally posted by Darell_n
    They try to push for 5 year contracts but it is negotiable.
    I negotiated down to 36 with a full load system.

That being said, they are dicking me around on an outdoor camera so once you sign on the line they stop giving a shit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast