Quantcast
Sage Hill/Symons Gate/Nolan Hill/Evanston...Etc - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sage Hill/Symons Gate/Nolan Hill/Evanston...Etc

My Ride
    Corvette

Originally posted by zooter

This is in the other thread, but looks like they are not planning to start construction until 2019.
    2019?

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

This is in the other thread, but looks like they are not planning to start construction until 2019.
    thanks. and damn that's awhile. That keystone hills plan probably won't get started until then either.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by sneek

Just out of curiosity, what path do you take? I've also been toying with the idea of moving out to Sherwood, but I thought the bike routes would suck in the winter.
    Just saw this. I mix my route up quite a bit depending on the weather, and or training requirements.

Summer - road straight up shaganappi to Edgemont. Pathway - through Nose Hill, Pathway - parallel to John Laurie, Road - cut over to Cabrian/10th street, Bike Lane - 10th street to Kensington to downtown.

Winter / Bad Roads - Sherwood pathway up the hill to Sarcee. Sarcee towards superstore, cut through Edgemont to 53rd. 53rd to Home Road to Shouldice, Shouldice to Edworthy pathway to downtown.

Really bad roads - 2 days last year. Drive to Nosehill to avoid shaganappi hill. Drive to Edworthy. Pathway. Done.

Other routes - Drive to beddington, pathway down deerfoot. Shaganappi to hidden valley to 14th street - pathway all the way downtown.

Originally posted by rx7boi
    [B]So, I timed myself going downtown to a buddy's place around 6:30pm last night. I'll do it again next time I head down that route but it was a pretty typical commute.

Here's the breakdown:

Sage Hill to Beddington/Deerfoot ramp- 7 minutes
    Deerfoot ramp to Memorial - 6 minutes going a steady 110km
    Memorial to Riverfront - 3 minutes.
    I live in Sage Hill (Phase 1). Every day I drive from Sage Hill to the Stony Trail Turnoff. It takes me 7 - 10 minutes from 144th Ave, to Symons Valley Road, to the turnoff. Granted, I'm doing the speed limit (which is 60kph until you reach Country Hills), but I find it hard to believe that you can make it to the Deerfoot ramp in 7 minutes (unless maybe you live next to the Walmart)..

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Originally posted by Czar

I live in Sage Hill (Phase 1). Every day I drive from Sage Hill to the Stony Trail Turnoff. It takes me 7 - 10 minutes from 144th Ave, to Symons Valley Road, to the turnoff. Granted, I'm doing the speed limit (which is 60kph until you reach Country Hills), but I find it hard to believe that you can make it to the Deerfoot ramp in 7 minutes (unless maybe you live next to the Walmart)..
    I don't follow the speed limit strictly which is why I tend to skip lights.

If you are stuck behind someone doing the limit you will almost always hit every light along the way and that adds alot of time. I was thinking of putting up my dashcam but I guess I'll explain it in words as well.

PS: When you reach the bridge going over Stoney, stick to your rightmost 3rd lane. People don't like using that lane (especially if the light is red because people eventually merge into that 3rd lane. When the light turns green, you can over take everyone and lane change back in. You don't need to speed excessively but if you're fast, you can normally skip the Hidden Creek light. EZ PZ.

PSS: At the light/camera on top of Country Hills Blvd, stick to your leftmost lane pretty much all the way until Deerfoot. People in the left lane tend to go faster here. If not, just switch lanes and pass them. Most cars go anywhere from 80-95km here.

It helps to know which lanes are least used so that you can keep on passing. Like jswlam said, lights are designed to slow you down so if you can beat the lights, you'll make good time.

The other reason is that I timed myself during an evening as I explicitly stated so there are a lot fewer cars.

Full disclosure, if it's a 60 zone I might go as fast as 80km just to skip a light. I'm not proud of it but I tend to speed in chunks so it's harder to catch
    Last edited by rx7boi; 10-15-2015 at 02:57 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by rx7boi
    Like jswlam said
    Nobody ever gets my name right

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

It's the thought that counts.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Bump, damm city is finally giving Nolan Hill a bus route. And unlike the shitty one doing sage hill orignally, this one goes to Brentwood Train Station.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites/...march_2017.pdf

And it looks like Sage Hill is now being sent over to Dalhouse train station instead of being sent to Panorama.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites/...march_2017.pdf

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

There is still the 425 which gets sent to North Pointe.
    http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites/...5_dec_2015.pdf

My Ride
    Grimace

How about those f'n no uturn signs on shag. Used to always exit sobeys by petro and head back north but some blabby people on the facebook page got the signs put up. Somehow a left hand turn across four lanes is safer than a uturn facing two.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I don't mind the one near Sobeys and understand why they're put up. I've seen people doing U-turns interfere with people making a left out of that complex.

They could have done planning a bit better though.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by Asian_defender
    There is still the 425 which gets sent to North Pointe.
    http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites/...5_dec_2015.pdf
    Ahh crap you are right, I was looking at the map wrong. Woops.

Looks like there is a Popeye's chicken opening up in Evanston town centre next to Pour.

Also across from Evanston Town Centre there will be a Timmie's with drive through as well as a 7 eleven with a Gas Station.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Looks like there is a Popeye's chicken opening up in Evanston town centre next to Pour.

Also across from Evanston Town Centre there will be a Timmie's with drive through as well as a 7 eleven with a Gas Station.
    Great, more stuff which I'm not interested in...lol

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Anyone know what they're building across Popeye's?
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Originally posted by R!zz0
    Anyone know what they're building across Popeye's?
    Across the street in the new plaza is a Tim Horton's with drive thru, 7-11 gas station and a two floor retail space

http://www.qualicocommercial.com/pro...evanston-plaza
    Last edited by redevil; 05-26-2017 at 09:02 AM.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

^ Thanks. I kept telling myself that Evanston needed a gas station. I'm not sure i'm liking 7-11 with a gas bar. I think it's going be too crowded

Edit: Had Popeye's yesterday and i'll be going back. Probably the best chicken i've had in a long time besides Nando's.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

Anyone ever had a run-in with a blue FJ in the evanston area? I've had 2 incidents with him and in different cars.

First was coming up Symons Valley Parkway where as far as i know, he seemed to think that i was stopped too close behind him. He even got out of his car to try to intimidate me. I wouldn't say i left a car length or 2 away from him but definitely not so close that any average driver would have an issue with.

The second time was in a different vehicle and while entering the traffic circle, in which if i was the white car in the below diagram, he would be the yellow car but even further back so in no way i was cutting him off or anything

but he first honks at me and then proceeds to follow me back down Symons Valley Parkway. He obviously was following me because the exit i took out of the round-a-bout was the way he came in.

Anyways just wondering if anyone else had experience with this driver.
    Last edited by nitram; 05-17-2017 at 01:34 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Sounds like he's just an asshole.

ya i figured that, but just annoyed my wife might have to deal with that since it was her car in the second incident.
    Last edited by nitram; 05-17-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast