Quantcast
2016 Golf Thread - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Golf Thread

^

The ad just had to be all right handed

One day... one day... too rich for me these days haha

I'm pretty happy with my set as it sits, if I could I would like to replace my 56 with a CG15 to match my 52/60. My 56 is about 13 years old. My putter isn't the greatest and chattered up pretty good but it gets me by. Hopefully weather holds good this weekend for another 2 rounds

My Ride
    V8s

Haha I have CG15 (black pearl) 52 and 60 as well, but I want to get rid of them. I have vokey 48 and 56 and I like them better.

Shot 91 this morning at the Canal. Not bad considering I started double triple double single haha

Damn it.
    Was at 41 up to hole 8 on McCall last night, then shot a freakin 10 to end with 51. Unimpressed.

Someone buy my Kikkor Golf Shoes, Brand New size 8.5, find on Kijiji

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

played a round at mckenzie last night, didnt finish, shot a 41 on the front, then went triple triple bird par then left, triples with lost balls piss me off

My Ride
    V8s

My wife and I are playing in the Mr. and Mrs. tourney today (aka the Divorce Open). We both hit a drive, then pick one and play alternate shot. Haven't played in it before, but if the weather holds up it should be a fun day!

My Ride
    2005 F350

Played Maple Ridge on Thursday and hit an 88 again matching my personal best.

did hit many great shots but kept most of my shots off the tee box in play which definitely helps the score.

I do feel like kind of an ass though. on 18, we were waiting on the tee box for the group in front to start walking after hitting their second shot. once they go, I set up and hit my drive. right over them. my friends and I thought they were at least 300 out but I guess they were closer to 270 out. I just happened to bomb it over 300 yards that time.

lesson learned. wait an extra bit before hitting just in case. I never pull out my range finder for par 5's at the tee box so I may do it from now on.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Played valley ridge this morning. Have to estimate my score as the wind blew my score card into the middle of the lake

Something like 65/52. Had a miserable time in the rain but got better for the back.

Bought my Dad and FiL a round at Blue Devil tomorrow as a Father's Day present so gunna play that with them and my brother. Hopefully with some better results. My play got better as the round went on which is promising.
    Last edited by killramos; 06-25-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

blue devil is fairly easy, i like it, the putting is super tough there though i find. makes GIR a +1 or +2 very easily

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Yea, even if you are bit wild with your driver, it's pretty easy to find/be in another fairway. The course can play pretty long if there's wind, but the greens are great.

Shot an 88 at Apple Creek! Pretty happy with that for my third time out this year. Driver was stellar, mid irons were shaky though. Really need to improve my ball striking.

My Ride
    V8s

Had my worst round of the year yesterday. Played 17 strokes worse than my avg round. Haven't shanked a ball all year, and I did it probably 6 or 7 times yesterday, I felt like going home to haha

Headed to the course after work today for some practise.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by cjblair
    Had my worst round of the year yesterday. Played 17 strokes worse than my avg round. Haven't shanked a ball all year, and I did it probably 6 or 7 times yesterday, I felt like going home to haha

Headed to the course after work today for some practise.
    That's tough man. Just hit a bunch of pitch and half shots until you get things back on track. Then move back to your full swing.

My Ride
    04 EP3'

think of buying a pass next year. does anyone know of courses in around calgary that offer an intermediate membership up to age 29? only one i've found so far is elks. will more than likely get membership at elks next year if there is no waiting list. seeing if there's any other options?? most intermediate memberships are ages 18-25 from what i've checked ...

Took the weekend off. Saturday morning woke up and it was still raining for 12+hours straight and funny enough probably could have got it in. Just cancelled Sunday also and used it as time to catch up on some chores/house work

Going tonight for a tee time weather looks solid. So far got sat/sun booked. I forgot Friday was Canada day and didn't book anything and right now it looks like tee times are all after 3pm. So won't be doing that.

Most likely try to get in a thursday this week too. So cmonnnn good weather

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Went to Golftown today and had my golf swing analyzed, they use SwingLab. I'm looking to get a new set of irons as mine are getting old and my swing has changed considerably from when I had my old irons fitted.

Wow, I can't believe the difference in feel and performance, I guess 13 years makes a difference haha.

They make you use a 7 iron to measure your swing. I was shocked at how much distance I was getting, average carry was 194yds, total distance average was 205yds. Average club head speed was 93mph, average ball speed was 134mph.

The 4 brands I swung were the Ping 2016 G's, Ping 2015 GMax K1's, Callaway 2016 XR OS, & Mizuno JPX EZ Forged.

According to SwingLabs the Mizuno's best fit my swing. Matched with Nippon
    NS Pro 950 Steel shafts X stiffness.

Getting my swing fitted for clubs again this Thursday with my instructor using Trackman. Will be interesting to see what they recommend.
    Last edited by 89coupe; 06-27-2016 at 05:04 PM.

My Ride

I need to get fitted. I have never done it, but I assume it would help a bunch with my iron play. My driver has been fantastic, until the last 2 holes at speargrass. One nasty slice (haven't sliced for a loooong time) then one nasty hook.

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

The jpx forged are nice I bought them for my dad and he loves them

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by 89coupe
    Went to Golftown today and had my golf swing analyzed, they use SwingLab. I'm looking to get a new set of irons as mine are getting old and my swing has changed considerably from when I had my old irons fitted.

Wow, I can't believe the difference in feel and performance, I guess 13 years makes a difference haha.

They make you use a 7 iron to measure your swing. I was shocked at how much distance I was getting, average carry was 194yds, total distance average was 205yds. Average club head speed was 93mph, average ball speed was 134mph.

The 4 brands I swung were the Ping 2016 G's, Ping 2015 GMax K1's, Callaway 2016 XR OS, & Mizuno JPX EZ Forged.

According to SwingLabs the Mizuno's best fit my swing. Matched with Nippon
    NS Pro 950 Steel shafts X stiffness.

Getting my swing fitted for clubs again this Thursday with my instructor using Trackman. Will be interesting to see what they recommend.
    Clubs have come quite a long way in that amount of time haha.

Something of note, golftown sim distances are not accurate, they have the settings on the sim tweaked to make everyone feel like superstars. I have a ~165y carry with my 7i in real life. I went to golftown to swing some irons, was getting ~185-190y carry with a 7i with mizuno mp-15s and nike vapor pro combo (i.e. irons that don't give you any extra distance). YMMV

If you can, I'd be interested to see what your instructors trackman gives you for numbers from those same clubs.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by cjblair

Clubs have come quite a long way in that amount of time haha.

Something of note, golftown sim distances are not accurate, they have the settings on the sim tweaked to make everyone feel like superstars. I have a ~165y carry with my 7i in real life. I went to golftown to swing some irons, was getting ~185-190y carry with a 7i with mizuno mp-15s and nike vapor pro combo (i.e. irons that don't give you any extra distance). YMMV

If you can, I'd be interested to see what your instructors trackman gives you for numbers from those same clubs.
    Even Trackman data isn't apples to apples as you can "normalize" range balls into "premium" balls. Unless you are hitting your gamer ball on a Trackman, the results are not 100 percent accurate. They will be better than GolfTown but not perfect.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast