Quantcast
OFFICIAL: 2016 - 2017 NHL thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: 2016 - 2017 NHL thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

God damn, what a great assist by Gaudreau. What a fucking goal by McKinnon.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by Quizzes
    Hughson has been praising Johnny quite a bit, almost as much as McDavid.
    Johnny knows where the praise belongs

Why does Finland suck so bad? That is all.

Oh well, at least Johnny is coming home.

My Ride
    Lariat

I was really hoping to see NA vs Canada. Would have been a hell of a game. Oh well, now Johnny can get that contact put to bed!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Trouba requests a trade, I hope we do trade him and get something big in return.

http://www.tsn.ca/agent-trouba-reque...-jets-1.573171

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I think the trade request is mostly a power play to force the Jets to trade Myers - Trouba's agent is a real bloodhound, and he wants top-4 minutes with Giordano money. If Chevy calls his bluff and he does go, I'd like to see the Jets deal him to the cap-strapped Ducks for Lindholm.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    I think the trade request is mostly a power play to force the Jets to trade Myers - Trouba's agent is a real bloodhound, and he wants top-4 minutes with Giordano money. If Chevy calls his bluff and he does go, I'd like to see the Jets deal him to the cap-strapped Ducks for Lindholm.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not convinced he really wants to be traded. I think it's just a negotiation tactic.

My Ride

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Yeah, I agree. I'm not convinced he really wants to be traded. I think it's just a negotiation tactic.
    Yes, it's a play. Bill Watters called this weeks ago and said exactly how this would play out.

I would be OK with seeing him go and the Jets getting a defenseman who can score.

Trade Trouba.

Work a deal with Edmonton for Nurse + something else and be done with it.

Trouba has had issues with the team in the past (coke habit) and doesn't sound like the locker room really likes him. Even Matt Perreault called him out.

"This guy plays big minutes, 22 minutes, and he’s gonna complain some sort of way about his ice time?"

Eight years, $49 M deal for Brad Marchand and Bruins

AAV of $6.125M

Marchand has full NMC for first five years, modified NTC in years six through eight. $24M of the $49M is signing bonus(es).

From Bob McKenzie
    Last edited by bulaian; 09-26-2016 at 10:53 AM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by sputnik
    Trade Trouba.

Work a deal with Edmonton for Nurse + something else and be done with it.

Trouba has had issues with the team in the past (coke habit) and doesn't sound like the locker room really likes him. Even Matt Perreault called him out.

"This guy plays big minutes, 22 minutes, and he’s gonna complain some sort of way about his ice time?"
    Matty P's second quote was pretty harsh as well.

"I think for his case, you know, it might be even worse not to come play. If we start the year and it goes well, then you know, it feels like we don’t even need you.”

To be fair, Perreault re-upped before his contract was over even though younger players are getting slotted above him, now he sees a young ELC guy trying to force the organization to give him the position he wants. That can't be seen highly in the dressing room, and Chevy can't allow the precedent to be set that ELCs in Winnipeg get to dictate terms or walk - the Peg has a hard enough time attracting players as it is. Shitty situation for the Jets, and if Chevy doesn't get exactly Trouba's LHD equivalent in trade, they could end up just sticking him in a box for a year.

Plus, out of the blue Trouba scheduled a radio interview with Lawless for today, and then suddenly his agent stepped in and said he's going to do the interview instead of Trouba. Very strange stuff, maybe Trouba is getting cold feet and no longer seeing eye to eye with his agent's hardball tactics.

the Peg has a hard enough time attracting players as it is. Shitty situation for the Jets
    Considering Wheeler, Byfuglien, Scheifele and others have all been more than willing to sign long term contracts speaks to the fact that this isn't really that true. Scheifele has even said that he wants to stay in Winnipeg for his entire career.

At the end of the day as a Jets fan. I couldn't be happier. Trouba is acting like a spoiled brat and can sit if he doesn't want to play. Most of my friends are 100% fine with Trouba being traded away.

and if Chevy doesn't get exactly Trouba's LHD equivalent in trade, they could end up just sticking him in a box for a year.
    The Jets depth chart is pretty deep. While it sucks to have Trouba sitting at home pouting about not getting what he wants, its not really a terrible loss even if they have to pull up Kichton or Morrisey from the Moose to cover the left side of the third defensive line.

At the end of the day, letting an RFA ELC think that he can call the shots is no way for a GM to run a team.

Trouba can sit. Especially given that his attitude stinks (me me me) and I wouldn't be surprised if his stint in rehab due to a coke problem a couple of years ago had something to do with the fact that it doesn't look like people really like him.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Yeah for sure, the Jets have a great core group of guys that love the team and its fans - but let's not pretend that Winnipeg doesn't find itself on a lot of no-trade lists, unfortunately.

I'm 100% on board with Chevy playing hardball and letting Trouba rot if that's what it takes to show that the GM calls the shots. I think either way, contract or no contract, Trouba is gone within two years - you can't make that kind of a public statement and expect to be welcomed back with open arms. It really just remains to be seen what the Jets can get in return.

I expect things will turn out similar to the Kyle Turris negotiations with the Yotes - lots of bluffing and bluster from the player's camp and then suddenly a change of heart at the end of November, sign a contract, get traded later. Gee, didn't Turris have the same agent as Trouba?

My Ride

Originally posted by bulaian
    Eight years, $49 M deal for Brad Marchand and Bruins

AAV of $6.125M

Marchand has full NMC for first five years, modified NTC in years six through eight. $24M of the $49M is signing bonus(es).

From Bob McKenzie
    This is great. Good to see a third rounder and someone from small town Canada work hard and get rewarded like that.

Matty P's second quote was pretty harsh as well.

"I think for his case, you know, it might be even worse not to come play. If we start the year and it goes well, then you know, it feels like we don’t even need you.”

To be fair, Perreault re-upped before his contract was over even though younger players are getting slotted above him, now he sees a young ELC guy trying to force the organization to give him the position he wants. That can't be seen highly in the dressing room, and Chevy can't allow the precedent to be set that ELCs in Winnipeg get to dictate terms or walk - the Peg has a hard enough time attracting players as it is. Shitty situation for the Jets, and if Chevy doesn't get exactly Trouba's LHD equivalent in trade, they could end up just sticking him in a box for a year.

Plus, out of the blue Trouba scheduled a radio interview with Lawless for today, and then suddenly his agent stepped in and said he's going to do the interview instead of Trouba. Very strange stuff, maybe Trouba is getting cold feet and no longer seeing eye to eye with his agent's hardball tactics.
    I thought that Matty P's comment was great. Hopefully it gives Trouba something to think about. What if the Jets get off to a great start and are looking like they don't even need Trouba. He's fucked then.

I didn't hear about the interview switch, but that could certainly be a number of things. I wonder what the truth really is, if Trouba was talked into all of this by his agent or just really wants out.

Originally posted by sputnik

Considering Wheeler, Byfuglien, Scheifele and others have all been more than willing to sign long term contracts speaks to the fact that this isn't really that true. Scheifele has even said that he wants to stay in Winnipeg for his entire career.

At the end of the day as a Jets fan. I couldn't be happier. Trouba is acting like a spoiled brat and can sit if he doesn't want to play. Most of my friends are 100% fine with Trouba being traded away.

The Jets depth chart is pretty deep. While it sucks to have Trouba sitting at home pouting about not getting what he wants, its not really a terrible loss even if they have to pull up Kichton or Morrisey from the Moose to cover the left side of the third defensive line.

At the end of the day, letting an RFA ELC think that he can call the shots is no way for a GM to run a team.

Trouba can sit. Especially given that his attitude stinks (me me me) and I wouldn't be surprised if his stint in rehab due to a coke problem a couple of years ago had something to do with the fact that it doesn't look like people really like him.
    Yes, we have some of the biggest names in the NHL in Winnipeg. Scheifele just played on a line with McDavid and Matthews at the WCH and he loves it here. Will there be a higher number of players wanting to play in say Tampa over Winnipeg, well of course, but that doesn't mean we're not going to be able to attract talent. Also, when this team gets good, and it's already trending quickly in that direction, there will be players who are going to start looking very seriously at Winnipeg as a chance to win a cup if they sign with the Jets.

I agree, Trouba is acting like a brat, although I agree he should be paid fair market value, he's probably upset that he hasn't played well enough over the last two years to get paid what he had in his mind. I can't speak on the drug problems, but it was going around town pretty clearly that Bogo & Trouba were into it pretty hard. Such a waste of talent.

Yeah for sure, the Jets have a great core group of guys that love the team and its fans - but let's not pretend that Winnipeg doesn't find itself on a lot of no-trade lists, unfortunately.

I'm 100% on board with Chevy playing hardball and letting Trouba rot if that's what it takes to show that the GM calls the shots. I think either way, contract or no contract, Trouba is gone within two years - you can't make that kind of a public statement and expect to be welcomed back with open arms. It really just remains to be seen what the Jets can get in return.

I expect things will turn out similar to the Kyle Turris negotiations with the Yotes - lots of bluffing and bluster from the player's camp and then suddenly a change of heart at the end of November, sign a contract, get traded later. Gee, didn't Turris have the same agent as Trouba?
    Does he have the same agent? I didn't know that. I really don't think Chevyldayoff is going to get pushed around. He hardly makes a move and he's not going to do anything to damage the upswing the team has seen last year and in the off season with picking up Laine second overall.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Yep, Trouba's agent is Kurt Overhardt, who is the agent for notable RFA holdouts Turris, Dubinsky, and Johansen. He's got a long history of pulling this kind of stunt with his players when they hit the end of their ELCs.

My Ride
    Lariat

Does the money Marchand signed for give the Flames a better bargaining chip to sign Johnny a little lower? Similar figures in scoring, although Johnny I'm sure will outscore Marchand by a few points at years end. Marchand also has more aspects to his game that Johnny doesn't (better defensively/can play PK, agitator/get up skin guy)
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride

Originally posted by asp integra
    Does the money Marchand signed for give the Flames a better bargaining chip to sign Johnny a little lower? Similar figures in scoring, although Johnny I'm sure will outscore Marchand by a few points at years end. Marchand also has more aspects to his game that Johnny doesn't (better defensively/can play PK, agitator/get up skin guy)
    Quite the age difference between the two. I would say that Marchand won't repeat the performance he had last year, in fact I would bet on it. He'll do good, but those were career highs that he'll not meet again. Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope he does.

Johnny is just coming up and has not even begun to peak. I would say that Johnny gets a deal at 7mm AAV or more.

My Ride
    Lariat

Im thinking 7 would be a good number for both sides. I hope they put something together soon, at least he has a good warm up from the world cup games.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride
    Silverado

So no Anthem for team Europe? Seems strange. Should have figured something out. All the fans singing O' Canada was pretty awesome.

Lets go team Canada!

My Ride
    Silverado

Beauty start!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast