Quantcast
Trump to Attorney General who defied his travel ban: You're fired - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to Attorney General who defied his travel ban: You're fired

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by J-hop

Clinton was impeached and so was some random in 1868 Andrew Johnson(??)

Wouldn't be surprised if trump is impeached given that Clinton was for telling a white lie about his affair which really was no business of the public.

But maybe that is part of this master plan no one knows about that our chem trail, alien from the 10 planet believers keep talking about
    Clintons attempted impeachememt was from sexual harassment accusations stemming from Paula Jones,where he did lie, and withhold evidence
    Last edited by RickDaTuner; 01-31-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Originally posted by RickDaTuner

Clintons attempted impeachememt was from sexual harassment accusations stemming from Paula Jones,where he did lie, and withhold evidence
    I read that he actually technically was impeached by the House of Representatives but he was not physically removed from office as a 2/3 vote in the senate is required which wasn't met. So he remained in office but was impeached for the remainder. I imagine that does have an effect on his power during that time. My source could be wrong though?

My Ride

Originally posted by J-hop

I read that he actually technically was impeached by the House of Representatives but he was not physically removed from office as a 2/3 vote in the senate is required which wasn't met. So he remained in office but was impeached for the remainder. I imagine that does have an effect on his power during that time. My source could be wrong though?
    The house charged him, and tried to impeach him through the senate vote, but the vote failed and that was an automatic acquittal, he was then re-elected for his second term shortly after; Which to me is freaking hilarious, but it also shows the strange mentality of the American voting public.

The house charged him, and tried to impeach him through the senate vote, but the vote failed and that was an automatic acquittal, he was then re-elected for his second term shortly after; Which to me is freaking hilarious, but it also shows the strange mentality of the American voting public.
    Looks like you are right. Makes a trump impeachment less likely i would assume as the senate is majority republican and having any party leader impeached even one as crazy as trump looks pretty bad for the party as a whole.

My Ride

And that's how it played out for Clinton, no democrate voted to find him guilty, and it would have taken a few of them to make the 2/3 vote and impeach. There were also a few republicans who voted against finding him guilty.

A trump impeachment, as much as I would love to see it, will never happen, because as you mentioned the majority of republicans will vote against what every his charged with. Pretty disheartening.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

To be fair it sorta looks like this travel ban is the exact same than Obama did a few years ago. No protests were done at that time, no AG to rebel against the administration. People calling this a muslim ban are taking it out of context. The misinformation continues yet again.

My Ride
    NC1

^ yes sir .... so I'm not sure what to make of it

Anyone follow milo yiannopoulos ? Or is he alternative right nut job lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by max_boost

He's one of the more refreshing commentators to be read lately. He speaks a lot of truth about movements he has dealt with (gay rights). Lots of people hate him because of this.

The "dangerous faggot" tour was beyond hilarious. He is very Trump like, answers to no one but himself, calls it like it is.

The democrats and media spin on all of this is beyond absurd. Just wait until the next time a democrat is elected... You are going to get gun-toting republicans showing up en masse at protests of that person, mark my words. The left has ratcheted up partisan society splitting to a level I never thought possible. The news right now lately is nuts.

My Ride
    Model S

Wow you're a Milo fan? That explains a lot.

There's no media spin here, it's pretty straightforward. Again, you can read the documents. Blaming reporters is a dumb meme that the Trumpkins are eating up, but both the left and the right see them as fringe nutjobs.

No president has been successfully impeached

Clinton was the closest, but the senate aquited him after the house formally charged him.
    Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton were both successfully impeached by the House, but acquitted by the Senate. Nixon resigned before he could be impeached and tried, and Ford pardoned him so the courts couldn't go after him, either.

The House impeaches, the Senate gives a verdict. Formally charging somebody is what the impeachment is, people have just mistakingly joined the House process and Senate process of removing a president from office as impeachment. You need impeachment and conviction to remove a president, not just impeachment.

Originally posted by max_boost
    ^ yes sir .... so I'm not sure what to make of it

He is a bit of a nut job. He isn't a racist bigot as some call him however a lot of his arguments are not rooted in rational discourse but rather his own personal opinion (like trump). His whole being against gay marriage because it detracts from the excitement of being a deviant from the norm is just a bunch of bullshit in my eyes. Also he found some random statistic that gay people are more intelligent on average (if it's the study I'm thinking of it's not even proper science and uses "estimated" IQ) so they have no right to marry another gay person because they are pulling intelligence from the gene pool. He goes on to further say they should enter into a heterosexual marriage and have side boys to quench their desires which again is all such an asinine argument not even based on fact.

He also is just as bad as the "leftist crybabies" when it comes to having really thin skin and taking to twitter to vent about everything (until he was banned, not sure if he still is)

I don't get what is so "refreshing" about him. Just because he doesn't side with the leftist cry babies doesn't mean he is basing his position on intelligent rational thought...
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-31-2017 at 07:43 AM.

People still like Milo even after he stole all that money from his fans? Damn you guys will put up with anything as long as someone will be a dick to your enemies.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by OTown
    To be fair it sorta looks like this travel ban is the exact same than Obama did a few years ago. No protests were done at that time, no AG to rebel against the administration. People calling this a muslim ban are taking it out of context. The misinformation continues yet again.
    It's nothing like the Obama ban, which really isn't an Obama ban. It was rolled into a spending bill, and Obama had no choice but to push it through or risk vetoing the whole thing. There is a big difference between that and Trump's ban, Obama's ban exempted citizens of those 7 countries identified as high terrorism risk from the Visa waiver program. The WVP is where certain residents can go to the US without a Visa. So if you're from those 7 countries, or have travelled to those countries, you now need a Visa, which doesn't make it impossible, but very difficult to travel to the US.

Trump's ban effectively shuts that down, making the Visa's pointless and just flat out denies entry for 90 days.

You're right though, it's not a Muslim ban. It's a ban on travel for citizens of 7 countries that are identified as a high terrorism risk which coincidently are Muslim majority countries. Calling it a Muslim ban is certainly misleading, but it guarantees views.

If it was indeed a Muslim ban, it would extend to the largest Muslim countries, Indonesia, India and Pakistan. Hell if India gets added, I'd be secondary screened every time I go to the US for my frequent travels there.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

He's one of the more refreshing commentators to be read lately. He speaks a lot of truth about movements he has dealt with (gay rights). Lots of people hate him because of this.

The "dangerous faggot" tour was beyond hilarious. He is very Trump like, answers to no one but himself, calls it like it is.

The democrats and media spin on all of this is beyond absurd. Just wait until the next time a democrat is elected... You are going to get gun-toting republicans showing up en masse at protests of that person, mark my words. The left has ratcheted up partisan society splitting to a level I never thought possible. The news right now lately is nuts.
    Lol, you have become such a character on this forum. Edgy Adam! Call it like it is, man! All those faggots and libtards! Left wing crooks! So much respect for your unfiltered interactions!

Funny quote about Milo, which is actually how HiTempGuy appears to approach his arguments too:

Yiannopoulos spends the "majority of the time voicing his opinions with little to no factual statements accompanying them", which he thought was ironic taking in account how Yiannopoulos repeatedly insisted "that he was just stating “facts.”

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:28 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    On topic, with all this talk of impeachment, have you guys heard about the 25th Amendment? It's much easier to remove a president that way and there's a growing number of people saying it's going to get used before the end of the year.
    I'll bet the same people that thought they could get the EC voters to not vote Trump.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:28 PM.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Originally posted by rage2

You're right though, it's not a Muslim ban. It's a ban on travel for citizens of 7 countries that are identified as a high terrorism risk which coincidentally are Muslim majority countries. Calling it a Muslim ban is certainly misleading, but it guarantees views.

If it was indeed a Muslim ban, it would extend to the largest Muslim countries, Indonesia, India and Pakistan. Hell if India gets added, I'd be secondary screened every time I go to the US for my frequent travels there.
    Which is why I blame the media and in part social media for propogating misinformation that the general public is eating up like hotcakes.

"(f) Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."
    Seems perfectly legal albeit a dick move but people have to recall you have no right to enter the US as a non citizen. You enter at the whim of the border agents and the current administration. There is no right to enter the US with a green card or permanent residency status. You only get that right with full citizenship.

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Seems perfectly legal albeit a dick move but people have to recall you have no right to enter the US as a non citizen. You enter at the whim of the border agents and the current administration. There is no right to enter the US with a green card or permanent residency status. You only get that right with full citizenship.
    The confusion (for me at least) is that his ban directly goes against the 1965 immigration and nationality act. (gov't has stopped issuing visas as well as banning entry)

“no person shall receive any preference or priority or be discriminated against in the issuance of an immigrant visa because of the person’s race, sex, nationality, place of birth, or place of residence.”
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/charlest.../#1f81e61f690b

Doesn't matter what we believe though. These legal proceedings will likely set the precedent so we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-31-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast