Quantcast
Trump to Attorney General who defied his travel ban: You're fired - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Trump to Attorney General who defied his travel ban: You're fired

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

You are really just guessing at what the intelligence community has found about Flynn. More than likely, it is barely substantiated information, as has seemed to be the case lately with them. Anything more is conjecture on your part.

Its a ridiculous notion that someone who has dealt with the russians in any capacity is a security risk. Puts 100,000's of people in the USA in the same league. Even as bloomberg said, that's actually a non-issue.

Its the lying that is the issue, whether you believe it or not. There is a certain amount of lying that is acceptable (its the way it is, I disagree with it) in politics. Stupid things like the phone call are not acceptable to anyone.

Resignation is almost always better than firing from an optics perspective. Don't be ridiculous. Did Hillary fire her pet aid? No. She stepped down. You arguing about the "how" is pointless. The why is much more important, do you really think Flynn just "resigned" of his own doing? How pedantic you are, playing with the semantics.

End of the day, my point is the Trump org made the situation much worse then it had to be. It was stupid. Why you are so intent on winning internet points in something we basically agree on is beyond me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm just glad that kertejud2 has gone full Bike Path on Trump issues, it's been great entertainment.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    You are really just guessing at what the intelligence community has found about Flynn. More than likely, it is barely substantiated information, as has seemed to be the case lately with them. Anything more is conjecture on your part.

Its a ridiculous notion that someone who has dealt with the russians in any capacity is a security risk. Puts 100,000's of people in the USA in the same league. Even as bloomberg said, that's actually a non-issue.

Its the lying that is the issue, whether you believe it or not. There is a certain amount of lying that is acceptable (its the way it is, I disagree with it) in politics. Stupid things like the phone call are not acceptable to anyone.
    So a certain amount of lying is acceptable but lying about "barely substantiated information" with regards to something that is 'ridiculous to think is in any capacity a security risk' of which "100,000s of people" are also game to is too much.

That's some textbook cognitive dissonance right there.

Resignation is almost always better than firing from an optics perspective. Don't be ridiculous. Did Hillary fire her pet aid? No. She stepped down. You arguing about the "how" is pointless. The why is much more important, do you really think Flynn just "resigned" of his own doing? How pedantic you are, playing with the semantics.
    Take a step back and realizing you're using Hilary up as an example of why doing things are okay. This is what you've stooped to?

Yes, resigning is almost always better for optics. This isn't one of them. Mostly because of how long it occurred to happen (and the implication it wouldn't have if there hadn't been any leaks) and that depending on who you ask in the administration he retired, resigned, was told to resign, or was fired. This was a 'You're Fired' moment if it really was not acceptable to anyone with everything else going on with the administration.

End of the day, my point is the Trump org made the situation much worse then it had to be. It was stupid. Why you are so intent on winning internet points in something we basically agree on is beyond me.
    Because we don't agree. You're desperately trying to make this seem like it isn't a big deal. The national security advisor to the President of the United States was 'told to resign' three weeks into an administration because of lying about matters relating to national security. This all being tossed on a pile that had campaign strategists resign and aides being investigated for ties to Russia. This simply isn't good, and will only get worse with how leaks tend to build and build.

The fact that they made the situation worse is just par for the course. The only notable difference is that Conway is seeming more and more like somebody set to be fired (resign, whatever) with how out of the loop she's been and that she's making more mistakes than usual.

#Emails

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ies-over-flynn

I don't even know WTF is going on anymore haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Pretty funny stuff! Trump always said he didn't care where the leaks came from when it was against Hillary, but now it is a huge deal it is being used against him...

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by tirebob
    Pretty funny stuff! Trump always said he didn't care where the leaks came from when it was against Hillary, but now it is a huge deal it is being used against him...
    He fired off some very long non-answers in that press conference.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Ultracrepidarian

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7