Quantcast
Another car buyer's remorse thread - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Another car buyer's remorse thread

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To add to this discussion, I don't believe there are any damage/repair disclosure laws in Alberta. Blame AMVIC for that. In other provinces dealers have to disclose repairs over $3k (Ontario and Manitoba IIRC).

Pretty fucked that the car was delivered with no PDI and with unrepaired damage.
    There are. It's 'anything that may affect the customers decision that the dealership knows or should of (we're still using of in this thread right?) known needs to be disclosed to the customer'. That's an amvic statement (they probably would say 'of' too).

So there is a reason you get a mechanical fitness report and a car fax at dealerships on used cars, but imo nothing ever gets disclosed for damage that was repaired on new cars; I've never seen it first hand anyway. I've told customers who owned their car since new and never have gotten in to an accident before it it that I know for a fact that their car has had a major repair on it, and I've done that far more than once. The worst was a grand Cherokee that had the complete side and front end repainted and looked like both doors were likely replaced.

It may not even have been the dealership fixing it as I've looked at dealer cars for defects that were actually shitty repairs done on them at the factory. I remember a ram a dealer just got off the truck that someone cut the inside of the door open and repaired something as it had an extra bead of seam sealer trying to hid that

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Burn it down and collect the payout. Only option now

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Called back the GM and here is his offer.

Swapping bumpers from a brand new vehicle on their lot, that is the same color and options as mine.
    Reimbursing me the 3M I got done
    New tank of gas
    Complete detail
    Re-print of my window sticker

I really pushed the for notion I purchased a brand new car and if they do this swap, even though its a good offer from them, back of my mind, it will still be a car that they fixed and not a car I paid for. I would like to have a brand new car, start off brand new and fresh and be done with the old one.

The GM countered that with all the things I went through, thats the reason they are offering a full bumper swap vs re-pairing and repainting the bumper for me.

I'm not too sure how I feel about this just yet and am waiting a response from Infiniti Canada before I decide to do anything. At this point, should I just park the vehicle and not drive it till a resolution? Or continue driving it till they figure something out?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Exploded.

That's an awesome deal. Why does it matter the bumper came off a different car? So long as the color matches, you're gold.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    That's an awesome deal. Why does it matter the bumper came off a different car? So long as the color matches, you're gold.
    Yeah, offer seems more than reasonable to me.

What would worry me is that they tried to cover up damage on this car once already hoping he didn't notice - what else did they do to it? Down the road, what else might they try to cover up? There is zero chance the guy who drove his car into a curb didn't notice. I would want a different car. Next best option would be new bumper off another car + all the other stuff he's being offered. $50K may not be a lot of money to everyone but it doesn't come easy to everyone and I would expect it to be perfect.

If they have two of the same or similar car, the dealer wouldn't mind swapping them unless they know something is wrong with it. If they won't swap it, that would be another red flag. If the car only has 200km on it, that's less than you would put on it for a 24hr test drive or if the car stayed on the lot for a while, so that shouldn't be a big deal.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    What would worry me is that they tried to cover up damage on this car once already hoping he didn't notice - what else did they do to it? Down the road, what else might they try to cover up? There is zero chance the guy who drove his car into a curb didn't notice. I would want a different car. Next best option would be new bumper off another car + all the other stuff he's being offered. $50K may not be a lot of money to everyone but it doesn't come easy to everyone and I would expect it to be perfect.

If they have two of the same or similar car, the dealer wouldn't mind swapping them unless they know something is wrong with it. If they won't swap it, that would be another red flag. If the car only has 200km on it, that's less than you would put on it for a 24hr test drive or if the car stayed on the lot for a while, so that shouldn't be a big deal.
    Would you buy a car full price that has 200km on the ticker? The losses would be great for the dealer.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

New OEM painted bumpers would make things square for me. The prep/paint quality and match won't be a concern so it's a better option for you than the repair. Yeah you're sour on the whole thing now, but it sounds like a fair resolution, and other than the bumper damage, there's nothing inherently wrong with the car. If they screw up changing the bumpers and scratch something, then start screaming for more, but for now this sounds like a fair solution that should satisfy most reasonable people.

Would you buy a car full price that has 200km on the ticker? The losses would be great for the dealer.
    I wouldn't imagine it's an issue. I can't even remember the last time I test drove a car (not a demo) that had less than 200km on it. That's only about 4-5 test drives worth. If they were willing to sell a customer a car with a damaged bumper that they were hoping he didn't notice, they should be willing to eat the depreciation on 200km to make things right in my opinion. I've had dealers peel off shipping plastic so I could go on a test drive and put 40km or so on it - I've never seen anything that would suggest it's a big deal to them. You can also go on a 24hr test drive and easily put 200km on the car. If he's driven it a lot more though it will be harder and harder to get a proper resolution and he may have to settle for the bumper.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-06-2017 at 03:25 PM.

That's a sick deal the GM made imo, I'd take it.

My Ride
    bus

The red carpet has been rolled out for you, take it. Still not a industry hook up though

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Quote Originally Posted by redblack View Post
    The red carpet has been rolled out for you, take it. Still not a industry hook up though
    Give him another brand new red car and that would be the hook up?

The offer from the GM I think is really good unless dj_mar believes this car is cursed. I wouldn't drive it until everything is sorted. 200kms isn't much and probably won't matter to someone who is leasing so the dealer could take it back however not sure how much paper work is involved.

My Ride
    Exploded.

dj_mar lmao

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Man, OP's got a good deal. I'm not sure I trust the dealership based on their behaviour, but I'd take the deal and get out while you can.

The 2 big things with a bumper - 1) it's going to take a shit-kicking no matter what, so you've got maybe 6 months with this "perfect" bumper and 2) it's not a mechanical repair. This is cosmetic. I'd be more concerned about the "newness" of the car being tainted with a mechanical repair. Like oh, we had to replace the fuel pump before the car even left the lot - you'd always wonder if something else was going on in there. With a bumper, it's cosmetic, and will likely be beat up shortly soon anyway.

It's a good deal, take it and finally enjoy the new ride.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I think Mar is younger than dj_rice...

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Man, OP's got a good deal. I'm not sure I trust the dealership based on their behaviour, but I'd take the deal and get out while you can.

The 2 big things with a bumper - 1) it's going to take a shit-kicking no matter what, so you've got maybe 6 months with this "perfect" bumper and 2) it's not a mechanical repair. This is cosmetic. I'd be more concerned about the "newness" of the car being tainted with a mechanical repair. Like oh, we had to replace the fuel pump before the car even left the lot - you'd always wonder if something else was going on in there. With a bumper, it's cosmetic, and will likely be beat up shortly soon anyway.

It's a good deal, take it and finally enjoy the new ride.

Very good point!! I said I'd sleep on it and think it over and decide. But you are right, the bumper will take a beating soon BUT then at least I know its a new bumper and I did the beating on it.....then I can't be mad at anyone
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Why is the bumper destined to take a beating? He has 3M for rocks, and it's very easy to never drive it into a curb. I've never wrecked or curbed one of my bumpers before and I don't take any special care. Especially if this thing is his baby, I would expect it will be kept in very good shape.

I would try get a new car, if that fails, take the new bumper and either way I would definitely switch dealers for service because they already tried to screw you once.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Well it's like the one thread where the Beyonders got their living room floor scratched from furniture delivery or whatever it was lol half said the floor will get scratched anyway so no big deal and the other half said, screw it, brand new house, new floor, replace it all (ok maybe replace that section) haha

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Because now they are going to get their fucking useless lackeys to do the swap and probably fuck up all the clips and mounting points for the bumper. No f*&king way in hell I'd agree to it.

I'd demand a new car Zhao has explained it pretty well, its going to be a fuck show no matter what, the paint isn't going to match, and at the end of the day, OP has made it pretty clear he will always be irritated by it.

That isn't just a "scratch" either, every single person in this thread would LOSE THEIR DAMN MINDS over that.

My Ride
    Silverado

Hahaha some poor sap is going to buy a new car and get your repaired bumper.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast