Quantcast
What do Beyonders do for side jobs? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do Beyonders do for side jobs?

My Ride
    Eclipse

Damn do I feel lazy reading this thread
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not too tough to get weekend and evening work at the car rental companies. At the one I work at, the guys who clean the cars make a little more than the guys who drive the cars, but it is for sure harder work.
    Spring and early summer are prime hiring season for that.

If you want occasional work, get your forklift ticket and the temp agencies will love you. Last time I talked to them they said any forklift certification would immediately put you at the front of the line.

In the past I've done overnight security, unloaded trucks. if you want a little more control of your hours just hustle and get contracts doing lawncare in a nice neighborhood. If you can get three or four houses on the same block, it's gravy. Can also be a good way to write off a pickup if you are the kind of guy that appeals to.
    I actually forgot that I drove a stand up forklift for years for Versacold when I was young, didn't need a ticket back then, how much is it to get it these days? I should give them a call and see if I can get my weekend shift back...I remember it being boring as hell though.

I would never do work on people's cars, even oil changes, never know what people will acuse you of if something breaks.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I run a 3d printing business and sell random stuff online. Once it’s set up it’s pretty hands off of queueing up orders and then just packaging things

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I run a 3d printing business and sell random stuff online. Once it’s set up it’s pretty hands off of queueing up orders and then just packaging things
    Dammmmnn that is awesome idea, ideally I want something I can just do in my own time in the comfort of my own home. I'd imagine a lot of people are doing this though?

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    Dammmmnn that is awesome idea, ideally I want something I can just do in my own time in the comfort of my own home. I'd imagine a lot of people are doing this though?
    Yeah, and the startup cost can be pretty high if you need to invest in a good printer. What makes it worthwhile for me is that I do custom design work, then reserve the right to sell more of the same part to someone else. The first customer pays a bit more for the first one because it includes the design time, then they and anyone else can buy more parts for just the cost to print 'em.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Yeah there’s lots doing it. But lots with cheap printers that pump out mediocre shit. If your creative you can create a few things that sell well and become fairly passive once you’ve printed a few. For example I made a car vent clip that holds dipping sauces from all the fast food joints. Super simple yet funny gag gift or handy for people that live on the road. Sold enough of those to cover a decent chunk of the printer cost during the Christmas season.

My Ride
    Ford F150

I have a few online income streams. Minimal work overheads, amounts to beer and dinner money.

Otherwise I play Boom Beach and enjoy my break or I jet off somewhere for a trip.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

I get my face plastered on billboards every once and a while. Usually enough to cover a holiday a year.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    Damn do I feel lazy reading this thread
    Me too.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by wintonyk View Post
    I get my face plastered on billboards every once and a while. Usually enough to cover a holiday a year.
    Nice, how did you get into that? Just apply at one of those modelling agencies?

There was a casting call a few weeks back for a new show being shot here for background actors, I thought about going with my wife haha

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

could always do the 2-D equivalent... vinyls, the cheap ebay machines actually work pretty good once setup properly, wholesalers do cash sales and sell smaller quantities... if you have business owners that need promotional materials regularly or have access to a group of designers that want wall art its pretty easy to get a steady stream of work going

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by zieg View Post
    I do a bit of machining. I have a small lathe, a mini mill, welder, 3d printer and the ability to do some ghetto aluminum anodizing. Combine that with being an equipment designer (with all the fancy software) by day, I can design and build custom stuff. Wish I could do more of it though. It's not regular enough to cover more than a case of beer every so often.
    Wanna chat about building a custom trailer tongue box to hold batteries and tools?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I sometimes ferry airplanes on my days off. Someone or some company will purchase an airplane and need a pilot to deliver it to whatever location, often across the country. Since I have lots of time off and I enjoy flying anyways, it’s a good way to make some extra cash on the side. (Day rates are very lucrative.)

I also build engines and do mechanical work for friends and friends of friends. Either automotive or motorcycle. Keeps me occupied and out of trouble.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I do sketch and drawing commissions for people on my spare time from my home. Mostly comic book superhero related. The type of work drives the prices - size, number of characters, pencil, ink, color, material etc. Most people request single character sketches in pencil, inks and/or markers on 8x10 card stock.

During the holidays, I do make and print a line of comic book/superhero Christmas cards that are pretty popular at holiday expos, especially with women and children. Last couple years I've almost sold out both times. I need a better source for printing as printing them myself lowers the profit due to toner/ink cost.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

My day job is also my evening and weekends job. Ha.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

I drive for Calgary Transit part time.
    $25/hr plus a defined benefit pension plan and a health benefits package (min 20 hours a week for this).
    perfect for evenings and weekends if you don't mind late night

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    I sometimes ferry airplanes on my days off. Someone or some company will purchase an airplane and need a pilot to deliver it to whatever location, often across the country. Since I have lots of time off and I enjoy flying anyways, it’s a good way to make some extra cash on the side. (Day rates are very lucrative.)
    This is all I can think of when I read about your side job in the aviation business.

My Ride
    NC1

^^^

Good movie.

I was thinking of offering free hugs / counseling services to college girls, how do I go about that?

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    ^^^

good movie.

I was thinking of offering free hugs / counseling services to college girls, how do i go about that?
    f.b.i.

My Ride
    Lariat

That sounds really cool, how do they find out about you or visa versa? I will probably be starting my private pilots license here soon and that would make for an awesome side job!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post

I also build engines and do mechanical work for friends and friends of friends. Either automotive or motorcycle. Keeps me occupied and out of trouble.
    That sounds really cool, how do they find out about you or visa versa? I will probably be starting my private pilots license here soon and that would make for an awesome side job!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast