Quantcast
Putin vs Ukraine. - Page 139 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 129 138 139
Results 2,761 to 2,765 of 2765

Thread: Putin vs Ukraine.

It is worth noting that if nukes ever start flying, Montana and North Dakota are considered the most "disposable US states".

Which means Alberta and Sask are screwed by proximity. Oh well.

Cocoa $10,000 per tonne.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...-european-war/

300,000 US troops will dock at five strategic european zones and work their way toward Ukraine. Why five landing zones so far away from the actual border? I'm not exactly sure.
    Cocoa $10,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im getting very worried about ww3/nuclear conflict.

Why did the us just hit 2 of russia's early warning radars? And uk is talking mandatory military service. Canada says ok to using nato weapons to attack russian soil. It just keeps bubbling higher and higher.
    Did the US hit them or did Ukraine? Aren't those powerful radar installations also capable or tracking non-nuclear missile strikes? Seems like a logical target, now that use of weapons has been authorized on Russian soil.

And yes, there is a slow escalation of the situation which is concerning. I think the issue is that Russia's "reasons" for this war in the first place aren't entirely logical or known. Their intentions are unclear, and even if they stated exactly what their ever-changing objectives are, most of what comes out of the Kremlin are lies anyway. It was due to the Ukranian Nazis. Then the biolabs. Then claims that Ukraine were simply bombing Donbass citizens, when in fact they were fighting a Russian-backed insurgency. And now, they've abandoned most or all of those reasons to simply place the blame the USA. Remember, this misdirection has been going on from the very start. The initial build-up of military on Ukraine's borders was said by Putin to be an exercise, and they had no intentions of invasion. Then once the force was sufficiently built up, he promptly changed his tune entirely.

Russia has struggled to successfully invade with multiple failures in many areas. They control less land now than after the initial invasion, but are slowly gaining territory back now that Ukraine has lost a good portion of their volunteer forces and have suffered equipment shortages. If Ukraine can maintain even close to the resistance they've shown so far, they've proven a not-quite-but-almost match to Russia's invasion force. (Contrary to what Russian and Chinese propaganda will have you believe.) If NATO or even one or two countries actually enter the war with their own forces, Russia would be pushed back, and Putin cannot let that happen for obvious reasons. This why he has tabled the possibility of nukes. He knows that if he cannot defeat a combined force conventionally, he could indeed to so with nukes. It means that if the West moved into direct conflict, they run the risk of not just losing their men but losing virtually their entire defending force. Including the possibility of being hit at home. Putin is banking on this terrifying the West into not participating.

Frankly, it's worked to this point. Is he serious about using nukes? Probably not, given the chain reaction of what would occur if he did. But he's planted a large enough doubt that it may have the desired effect regardless of whether or not he intends on following through with it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Thank god for beyond. I had almost forgotten this war was a thing.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Cuban Missile Crisis part II: Putins revenge.

Small naval fleet heading to Cuba, should be docking on June 12th. Includes at least one nuclear submarine, likely with medium range nukes. Which does mean that if it stays offshore of Cuba, they might be able to hit New York, but not ICBM level distance of Alberta.

Safe.
    Cocoa $10,000 per tonne.

Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 129 138 139