Quantcast
window replacement questions - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: window replacement questions

Huge thanks for all the input. Got a few quotes from different installers and here's what I've gathered.

- got 3 quotes, 2 installers all quoted using Lux windows. 3rd installer used Stage (ecoline) windows
    - feedback I've gotten is Lux is the top shelf product but it's definitely more expensive
    - i have 25 windows and it's ~$50k to replace from Lux and ~$42k from Stage

My Ride
    21 Ram

This isn't true at all. Proper triple pane windows with the right amounts of low-e coatings can pretty much eliminate condensation in normal settings.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't right. A high end dual pane can only compete with a low end triple pane. A middle of the road triple pane is better than dual and a higher end triple pane isn't even worth comparing to dual.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you get a quote directly from either company or all from third party installers? The Lux window wouldn't be comparable in actual product in an apples to apples. Then you would have to also look at install methods done by each one.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We replaced 25 windows with Ecoline. Ordered July 22, installed December 22. Except for 1 custom curved top window that they messed up. Took another 6 months to get it remade properly.. it was extremely aggravating to wait as long for them to fix their mistake as it did to order and build the other 24 windows. Other than that, they have been responsive in dealing with issues, needed a couple door adjustments trim repairs, screen replacements, 2 window panel defects corrected. Oh, and they did an absolute shit job at installing the window trim.

Glass seems great, house is much quieter and more resistant to outside weather. Did triple pane with a sunshield coating on the south facing windows.
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/417...hlight=ecoline

my opinion hasn't changed much since. Looking back, I would have considered lux for their ability to do wood casings inside, which would have matched my oak palace a little better, now I want to paint out my interior doors and baseboards.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 01-30-2024 at 10:37 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you have a big south exposure, I think the "sunshield" or whatever heat-reflecting coating is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Silverado

It made a huge difference in our south facing bedrooms in the summer. used to be 7-10 degrees warmer upstairs in the evening, now it's just a couple degrees. helped offset the need for ac for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2