Quantcast
LED Light bulbs? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Light bulbs?

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Update! So I bought 2 Feit LED bulbs (just to try them out before we move in to our new home )from Lowe's @ $19.98. They are good bulbs although I've seen a review saying 2/3 of his lights were done within 2 years (Only one though!). Other than that, bulbs are working fine and bright!

I was browsing at Canadian Tire's website and they actually sell these bulbs for $14.99! Just to let everyone know whoever wants to get them.

Let me know too if there's any other LED bulbs I can get that are cheaper/better!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone try the Ikea LED bulbs?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

The new CREE bulbs are here in Canada. Cree is widely accepted as being the best maker of LED's.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/95-w...-1-pack/827146

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Alright. Starting to move in to our house this week and still lots of moving to do over the weekend. I've changed 5 of the bulbs to LED lighting. Does anyone here tried ordering A19 LED bulbs online?

Thanks.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Anybody with friends in SK can take advantage of a promotion sponsored by Saskpower. Until the end of April or end of May at Costco most LEDs have a $5+ discount per bulb. Bought 4 potlights for the kitchen, regular $23 per bulb less $13 Saskpower discount... Cost under $45 for all. Wish I had more potlights I could replace at this price

Originally posted by supe
    The new CREE bulbs are here in Canada. Cree is widely accepted as being the best maker of LED's.

CREE bulbed flashlights kick ass.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by supe

Ok.. So I did order some COB style bulbs back in March, and they arrive, and honestly, they're ok. I'm using them in the lights fixtures outside. They ended up costing me about $10/each by the time I got them. Not terrible, but not great.

The other two never arrived. They are the CREE bulb shaped ones with the little dome...

So, I was wandering through HD yesterday and came across the CREE 9.5W (60w equivalents). Took two of them home as a test to see if they'd fit in my fixtures. The did, just barely. The light was easily brighter than the 13W CFLs I had in an adjacent fixture. It was also a little bit whiter, closer to 2800k where the older CFL's were probably closer to 2300k.

I have to say I was totally impressed. I headed back and bought 24 more. Changed every bulb that's in a fixture that get's used often. I could do another 10, but I figured $400 in bulbs was enough for one pay cycle.

Now I have a box full of old CFLs... they all still work. .but wtf am I supposed to do with them?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by codetrap

Now I have a box full of old CFLs... they all still work. .but wtf am I supposed to do with them?
    I sold mine in kijiji for $20 for the crapload.

Someone from beyond was interested in them also for building a lightbox.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

That'd be good. Can offset some of the investment cost. They go new for about $5/bulb....

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by rage2
    ... I went to Home Depot and picked up 15 of the Philips 12.5W 800 Lumens 2700k Color Temp (60W Equivilent) dimmable bulbs. They look funky, so they won't work where the bulbs are exposed which wasn't a problem for me. But they are very bright, brightest LED's I've seen. It mimics an incandescent bulb perfectly, and in comparison is closer to 80W than 60W equivilency rating, probably because it emits light in more directions.

Philips vs Feit:
    For those that are interested, these Philips 12.5W LED bulbs (the one on the left in Rage's pic) are really coming down in price. When I first discovered them in 2011, they were $40 each. Then within 6-12 months after that the price dropped to $30 each and seemed to stay there.

Anyway, I was in a Home Depot today at lunch and noticed these blubs are now $17 each.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Inzane

For those that are interested, these Philips 12.5W LED bulbs (the one on the left in Rage's pic) are really coming down in price. When I first discovered them in 2011, they were $40 each. Then within 6-12 months after that the price dropped to $30 each and seemed to stay there.

Anyway, I was in a Home Depot today at lunch and noticed these blubs are now $17 each.
    The prices actually haven't changed very much, the difference is they started carrying normal on/off bulbs as well. For the longest time they only had the dimmable ones, which carry the heftier price tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

The Cree bulbs (60w) @ $16ea are also dimable, the 40w ones are $13 ish.

I have about 10 of these, and they look / work great. Especially if you have an open fixture, no-one notices that they are not regular bulbs.

EDIT - Forgot to mention that they have a 10 year warranty

The numbers I tend to go by:

incandescent bulb
    1600 Lumens ~= 100watt
    1100 Lumens ~= 75watt
    800 Lumens ~= 60watt
    450 Lumens ~= 40watt

Halogen:
    1050 Lumens ~= 60W Halogen PAR38 bulb
    Last edited by Alterac; 06-03-2013 at 02:55 PM.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

These new Cree bulbs kick ass. Not only are they cheaper but they are also much more efficient than the competition.

The weird part is when you go to a home depot store you won't find the Cree bulbs in the lightbulb section, Philips must have some sort of product placement deal with HD.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    For the longest time they only had the dimmable ones, which carry the heftier price tag.
    As far as I can recall the ones I was looking at were the dimmable ones, for $17.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The Philips bulbs are still too warm for my liking. I only use them in certain parts of the house that looks decent with warm lighting. I haven't found a bulb that has as good of a color as the Feit ones. The color temp is just perfect. I can't find the Feit ones anymore, I think I cleared the last of them around the city.

Gotta try out a Cree one.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

The Philips bulbs are still too warm for my liking. I only use them in certain parts of the house that looks decent with warm lighting.
    Really? The one that have is a darn near perfect match for a conventional incandescent bulb. I think the Philips meets the intent of mimicking the look.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Inzane
    Really? The one that have is a darn near perfect match for a conventional incandescent bulb. I think the Philips meets the intent of mimicking the look.
    I agree, it's perfect if you like that look. I personally hate that look. Feels so old to me haha.

This is the best representation of how it looks with the Feit bulbs.

The color is not too warm, it's natural, but without that creepy hospital look when the temp is too cool.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Tuxedo T-shirt? That shit looks good in any light.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

The Philips bulbs are still too warm for my liking. I only use them in certain parts of the house that looks decent with warm lighting. I haven't found a bulb that has as good of a color as the Feit ones. The color temp is just perfect. I can't find the Feit ones anymore, I think I cleared the last of them around the city.

Gotta try out a Cree one.
    Have you tried the new Phillips bulbs?

I have a few first gen bulbs (with the exposed yellow lenses) and have now switched to these. They are much better.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/11w-...old-a19/828844

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I've tried out a bunch before committing to do the whole house, and those new philips ones are my favorite. Nice diffused light.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast