Quantcast
Why does the palace suck so much ass? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does the palace suck so much ass?

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default Why does the palace suck so much ass?

I swear on my life that place is one of the most arrogant bars in calgary. It was fun for a while but then all those attitudes start to become so annoying! anyway, just thought I would vent and thanks to spyguy for the line cutting!! hahaha
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Default Re: Why does the palace suck so much ass?

Originally posted by LUDELVR
    I swear on my life that place is one of the most arrogant bars in calgary.
    agreed

My Ride
    NC1

Is it because the ladies weren't talking to you?
    Not that the ladies talk to me either, just saying haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

All of the bars in Calgary suck ass..No ones acts like themselves anymore
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    94' Terd

werd im hating calgarys night life right now

I haven't been in the calgary night life for like years (wow i feel old ) but it used to be when people were just out to have a good time.. then all of a sudden silicone valley decided to use Calgary as a foundation and then all the wannabe Gs started showing up and I left.. doesn't suprise me that the night life is where its at right now.. is the Taz still around? I think I still have the VIP card back when I went there every weekend.

My Ride
    Honda

bars in this city have always been hurt

Default Re: Why does the palace suck so much ass?

Originally posted by LUDELVR
    I swear on my life that place is one of the most arrogant bars in calgary. It was fun for a while but then all those attitudes start to become so annoying! anyway, just thought I would vent and thanks to spyguy for the line cutting!! hahaha
    what bar are you referring to?

My Ride
    99 Civic

Default Re: Re: Why does the palace suck so much ass?

Originally posted by Talies R

Read the title.

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Re: Re: Why does the palace suck so much ass?

Originally posted by Talies R

The palace...and leo what are you talking about? You were picking up a chick or two last night! You just need to go about getting your groove on in a different way...no one likes a desperate guy

And yes, thanks spyguy, nice chatting with you

Originally posted by ninjak84
    bars in this city have always been hurt
    This from a guy who is a whopping 19 yrs old....Not all the bars suck, you just have to know the right people and party with a fun crowd.

My Ride
    MTA

HAHAHAHAHAH the TAZ!!! I had one of the VIP cards too, the memories... Not to diss all you folks back home but too many people trying to be hardcore. I heard from a friend that people call Calgary the "C-Spot" I laughed and said WTF. Clubs in Calgary were fun, the originals were all good like Coconut Joes, and Taz... dam I'm old.

But basically, the Palace doesn't play good music, too many wannabe thugs, and too many wannabe players out there.

haha yep, the Taz was a classic.. back when it was like the only bar that played rap, hip hop and r&b.. CJ's was good too, cept for the fact that every night there was a fight in that corner at the Fox and also 3 Cheers.. I probably had the best time at The Taz, 3 Cheers, Dooies, The Palace and the Hard Rock.

My Ride
    MTA

Yeah, man, the fights by the Fox. 3 Cheers!! HAHAHAHAHA, good ole Electric Avenue. Senor Frogs was fun, I loved it there too. Oh yeah, can't forget The Bank on Stephen Ave.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Hahaha! I remember CJ's! That place was awesome. Too bad it got shut down. I couldn't stand 3 Cheers, and never understood why my friends loved that place so much. The floors there looked like they were mopped up with vomit. I remember before everyone wanted to be at the Taz and would do anything to get in. Soon after business got so bad for them, they were begging everyone to come in!

The Banke!!!! Hahaha, remember the teen dances? They were great, except that is where all the bar thugs seemed to have got their start. The Taz gold cards and platinum cards, man those line-ups were big sometime. My family owned one of the above said bars, it was great. I turned 18 a month after we opened it so I had club courtesy everywhere, I loved it!! Even when I went to Lethbridge for school, Medicine Hat to party one night and even Vancouver, the people recognized the club and gave us vip, pretty cool.. Remember the Roxy a couple of years ago....that was a fun place...Tequila's sucks though, too many young punks...

3 Cheers WAS mopped with vomit, I think they even scrubbed the walls with a combination of beer and vomit LOL...

What about Spagucci's and Mingles on Macleod? Good times, good times!

Ya know, I enjoyed Mingles, even though I only went there twice.. it was a nice crowd, they played Top 40, and everyone minded their own business.. crowd wise it was very good, too bad the music could've been a bit better..

The only reason I went to 3 cheers was because of their cheap beer, you guys remember when they had 99 cent highballs? My friends worked at Dooie Stevens and every tuesday night we'd head down to 3 Cheers for the cheap beers.. the floor was shit, the whole bar was a hole, but dam, you couldn't find cheaper beer anywhere else in that area.

Spags was the place to go if you wanted to pick a fight, I went there once and never went there again.. good idea to have a bar for the under 18s, but my god was there alot of shit going on there.. They had another club over by the old Howard Johnson Hotel on MacLeod, which was basically a Spags with a 3 cheers interior, same shit happened, all the wannabe Gs that were too young to go to a real bar hung out there..

I enjoyed the Taz back then, I paid something like 300 bucks for my membership so I got a good use out of it.. I don't regret it, met alot of nice people there, although I wouldn't set foot in that club ever again.

I hear all these new bars now and I have no idea where they are.. I would think it's probably just new bars in old locations.

EDIT: Wasn't the Banke on 8th? They had to shut it down because some chick got stabbed in there or somethin? I never went there but I walked by a few times back in the days.

My Ride
    MTA

Yeah, some girl was stabbed and there were tons of other fights there. Remember those asian fight days... and I'll just leave it at that.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

This from a guy who is a whopping 19 yrs old....Not all the bars suck, you just have to know the right people and party with a fun crowd.
    I believe a 19yr old is fully capable of forming his own opinion of the bar scene.

I do not care much for the bars, whether they be in Calgary or anywhere else. Second-hand smoke gets to me & drunk ppl annoy me. Although I did enjoy the Capital back when I was in HS.
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by RSeXy

I believe a 19yr old is fully capable of forming his own opinion of the bar scene.

He said the bar scene in calgary has "ALWAYS" been hurt. How the hell would he know if theoretically hes only been going legally for 2 years?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast