Quantcast
The Terrorists have won. Joan Rivers booted off plane LOL - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: The Terrorists have won. Joan Rivers booted off plane LOL

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default The Terrorists have won. Joan Rivers booted off plane LOL

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...-80720947.html

Joan Rivers has been known to look kind of scary at times, but no one's ever mistaken her for a potential terrorist – until now.

The ever-hysterical plastic-surgery poster woman was kicked off a Newark-bound Continental flight from Costa Rica on Sunday after a security agent deemed the two names on her passport suspicious, according to published reports.

Rivers' passport has her listed with two last names – Rivers, which she adopted before she went into show business, and Rosenberg, the surname belonging to her late husband.

Once the gate agent saw the two names on the passport, she told Rivers she couldn't get on the flight. And thus the 76-year-old comedian was left alone (her daughter had flown out earlier that day) in the Central American country with no debit card and a mere $100 in cash, reports the Daily News.

Fortunately, a kindly porter took pity on Rivers and found someone to drive her nearly seven hours to Costa Rica's main airport in San Jose, where she was able to catch a flight back on Monday – a day behind schedule.

Back home in Manhattan, Rivers was able to make light of her traveling ordeal.

"If I were going to make up an alias, I wouldn't pick Rosenberg. I'd pick Jolie or Pitt," Rivers told the News. "Do terrorists wear Manolo Blahniks? I can tell you Donna Karan does not make anything that hides a bomb."
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Misleading title. haha I feel like society won when she was kicked off a plane. She is creepy, although she when I saw her in nip/tuck she was a better actress than I expected.

What I found more interesting was one of the substories.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...-80570847.html

New York City funds a "Guidebook for Herion Users"
    Cocoa $9,000 per tonne.